Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Witch Hunt

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:30:35 )
This is a private RP thread for myself and Amber.

Character Info

Name: Chloe Atwater
Sex: F
Pronouns: She/her
Hair: Ginger, often up in a messy bun
Eyes: Amber
Complexion: Olive
Bio: Will update later.

First Post

Bodies gathered in the streets with signs held high and chanting songs of protest. Chloe stood among them, a small group of just a little over four dozen. A few crews from local news networks had shown up, cameras and microphones in hand to report on the demo. A little over a dozen people had gone missing over the course of two weeks, all from the same area and all supernatural beings. Werewolves, witches, shapeshifters and more. This protest was a call for action from the Governor and his people, who had sat idly by as the missing person's count continued to climb. To anyone on the outside, it seemed like a typical missing person's case. Someone goes missing, a report is filed then an investigation that turns up nothing. There wasn't anything particularly strange about these, until someone connected the missing person's with having past run ins with the Governor and his men. However that was just word of mouth and couldn't be confirmed at this point. It still made supernatural folks suspicious and anxious.

Chloe wouldn't have been here herself if she hadn't have been personally affected. It wasn't until one of her closest friends, Anya Ross, disappeared in the middle of the night that she started to believe. It seemed so unlike Anya to take off without a trace, no texts or phone calls and she had left all of her personal belonging at her apartment. A missing person's report was filed then an investigation began. At first Chloe thought maybe she had run away, maybe the stress of her job and other responsibilities weighed too heavy on her and it was enough to make her leave. But then she received a call in the middle of the night from Anya.

Two days later her phone was shut off, just went straight to voicemail. They couldn't locate her using her phone, there was no signs of forced entry or any sign of a struggle. It didn't make sense. The police encouraged Chloe to give up, telling her that there was nothing to do. Anya must have left on her own accord. But she couldn't, the phone call haunted her every night. The sobbing, the sound of her best friend begging for help. She had to find her or at least find out what happened.

So here she was, at a gathering with other grieving friends, family and loved ones. Searching for answers and desperately aching for closure. When she heard that there was gathering she had to come. Everyone here believed foul play was involved and her gut was telling her the same. Above her head she held a sign with Anya's smiling face on it, below the photo read "WHERE IS ANYA ROSS?". Others also held signs with photos of smiling faces and names.

Rain poured from the skies soaking everyone, Chloe was soaked from her head to her toes. Officers stood on the side, clothed in swat gear, with shields and holstered weapons. Everything seemed to be going well so far. The protesters continued their march towards the Governor's home, once there they stood outside and continued to chant.

Something felt off, Chloe glanced nervously around then caught sudden movement from the corner of her eye. She turned looking towards a commotion. An officer had torn a sign out of a protester's hands that read "THE GOVERNOR KNOWS", the two had begun to struggle until the officer struck the man with her baton. Suddenly all of the officers advanced and a few tossed tear gas into the crow. The protesters began to flee.

Chloe's chest felt tight, her feet pounded against the ground and adrenaline pumped through her body. Two officers chased after her, weapons drawn and shouting. "Get her!", one yelled. "She's that Atwater girl." How did they know? Was it because she had pressed hard to get more information on Anya's disappearance? Once she has some distance between herself and the officers, she stopped and turned towards them. Chloe pressed her fingers against the palm of her hands with her knuckles touching then pressed her thumbs together. "Ventus caeli!" A strong gust of wind erupted from her hands knocking the officers off of their feet.

She continued to run, ducking in and out of alleys then ducked behind a dumpster. After the officers ran by she crept out from behind the dumpster and approached a home. She checked for cars, for lights and heard no noise. When the door opened after trying the handle she silently entered and closed the door behind her. Chloe locked the door then sunk to the floor with her back against it, she was out of breath and her body ached from all of the running. "Fuck..."

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 22:42:29 )
As Chloe sank to the floor, she heard light footsteps. They were coming toward her, and sounded like they were coming down the nearby stairs. She wanted to panic, there was no way to know if someone was home (although it had looked as if there wasn't anyone), and she didn't know what she would do if there was someone home. Regardless, she was preparing for a potential fight.

Until she saw a small orange puffball of a cat leap the last couple steps onto the ground floor, and meet her gaze. It's green eyes seemed to echo of a history, a knowledge, that she couldn't understand, but there was definitely more there. It just looked at her for a moment before looking up the stairs that it had just come down. The question though, was why. What was that cat thinking?

With a meow, that almost seemed to echo in the air for a moment, Chloe found herself more confused. After a few seconds, the air seemed to get more silent, which was just odd. A few seconds later there were footsteps above her. She followed them down the hall and to the stairs. As Chloe fought with her tired body to get to her feet, what looked to be someone in their mid twenties with vibrant violet and silver hair that was in dreads, of all things, stepped onto the base floor. As soon as she saw Chloe, she reached up to one of the display daggers she had on the wall.

”. . . Who the fuck are you?” She asked, her voice a snarl. She had no idea who this was, and no idea if they meant harm. Granted, she wasn’t stupid. She could tell that with how the intruder was looking rather run down, she probably didn’t mean any harm. With a pause, she looked out the window, just in the time to see a few officials run by, before looking back to Chloe. Who the hell was this girl, and why was she there? That, and if she was in danger. Those are the main things she wanted, needed, to know. If she had to protect herself, then she’d be ready.
I am a charity mule for Lady Luna

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:50:02 )
She was fucked. The home had seemed empty and a safe bet but maybe she shouldn't have trusted herself to do something so reckless while panicking. Entering the home of a stranger was a serious lapse of judgment. Instantly she felt regret and fear more so than anything else. What was she going to do now? She could try to reason with this stranger or flee, but she now had a weapon and that complicated things. Chloe couldn't blame her for this, after all she was an intruder.

"Take it easy..." Chloe raised her hands, palms facing the other to show that she didn't have a weapon. "I'm unarmed and I'm not going to hurt you." She said softly, she was trying to deescalate the situation. Her throat was dry, her heart pounding and her hands shook a little. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come into your home... I was desperate and looking for a place to hide out until things cooled down."

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:57:11 )
Chloe trying to get her to relax wasn’t helping anything. She didn’t say anything, didn’t know what the hell it was that she could say or do here for a moment. She knew that she’d be completely in her own right to attack to get her out of there, if need be… but she really didn’t want to. Overall, she was a pacifist. That wasn’t surprising though, of course.

”. . . “ She remained silent before looking to the cat. Her gaze lingered on the feline for a few seconds longer then would have been considered normal before she sighed. That orange ball of fluff returned the gaze, not moving. After a few seconds, it looked back to Chloe, though.

”. . . Citrus trusts you.” She commented.

”So how about you tell me what you’re hiding from?” She added, not putting the decorative dagger back. She wasn’t sure she she trusted this woman yet.
I am a charity mule for Amber Lynne

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 02:25:52 )
A cat just saved her, she was thankful for this as odd as that seemed. Chloe squatted down and slowly reached her hand out to the cat, she made a soft noise to attract Cirtus' attention and wiggled her fingers. When the cat ran up and brushed against her hand she tickled behind it's ear. There was no use hiding why she was here from this stranger, she giving Chloe more hospitality than she deserved.

"I was running from the Governor's Officials...", she looked up at the other woman with tired eyes. "There was a gathering not too far from here, a little over four dozen folks got together to call the Governor to action since he hasn't commented or done much regarding the missing people." She moved her fingers to under Citrus' chin. "We walked to the Governor's home.. I guess he didn't like that. Suddenly one of the officers didn't like a sign someone had, they started to argue then she struck him and shit just hit the fan. All the officials started advancing on us, the crowds split up and ran. People were screaming, there was tear gas and I just missed getting pepper sprayed."

"It was total chaos, two officials chased after me for blocks!" Chloe sat down with her legs crossed and patted her lap for Citrus to climb into it. "I overheard them, they knew me... I had a friend go missing recently and had been pressuring them to reopen the case and to keep trying to find her, find anything that could bring her home or at least give me and her family closure." Chloe ran her hand back and forth across the cat's back. "I don't know why they wanted to catch me so bad, I just kept running... I couldn't do it anymore and knew eventually they would get me. I-I used magic, I blew them off their feet then used that as an opportunity to get away. I hid a bit behind a dumpster, they were still looking for me then I started looking for a place to hide out in and your door was... unlocked and that's why I'm here."

It sounded nuts saying all of that out loud to a complete stranger. "I don't even know why they chased me... I was quiet, I wasn't violent.. I know I used magic to get away so I understand that but before that I was calm and it just doesn't make sense."

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 02:33:49 )
She listened to all that Chloe said before just shaking her head and laughing.

”And how do you know that I’m not just going to incapacitate you and hand you over to them?” She asked, her voice almost rhetorical.

”Do you realise how stupid it was to just say all that?” She then followed up with as she pinched the bridge of her nose. ”Or did it occur to you that the door was unlocked because someone was home?”

”Did you never learn common sense?” That was the last she said thought before shaking her head and just putting the blade back up. She could tell that she didn’t need it here; her cat particularly liked this woman after all.

”Look, just hide out here for a day or so. There was the gathering, yes, but they’ll move on soon. I’m not under suspicion, so I know my house is safe for the moment.” She continued as she whistled lightly for her cat. Citrus made his way over and, using the various furniture around, made his way up to her shoulder.

”Name’s Alyssa. Although most people call me Ally.” She then said. ”The hell can I call you?”

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 03:00:58 )
"Well, you can try to hand me over. I don't know you so I would have to figure out how you fight pretty quick but I like to think that I'm pretty good with magic and could protect myself. It's really up to you if you want to do with me, whatever you decide I'm going to fight and try to survive." Chloe knew how stupid she had been, that's what happened when you made quick decisions under pressure and with little to none thought. "Oh trust me, I know that I'm the biggest idiot in this entire city right now."

She sighed a little then continued. "As for blabbing and telling you everything... I guess I figured that I don't have anything to lose at this point. I'm already in your house as an intruder and you've already caught me, things could get messy at any moment and you seemed willing to hear me out.. So what's the point of leaving you in the dark? I've never been a liar anyways."

Hide out here? Chloe looked up at the other surprised. "Are you really going to let a stranger stay in your house? I mean... you just chewed me out for telling you everything." A small smile spread across her lips. "But in all seriousness, I really appreciate that."

For a moment Chloe considered giving Ally a false name, but at this point she was in too deep and there wasn't a point in feeding her false information. "I'm Chloe.. just call me Chloe."

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 03:19:05 )
Ally just laughed.

"Trust me, it's your admittance to magic usage that is even causing me to consider letting you stay here.” She admittedly bluntly. Chloe had told her all that she had, so why not return the gesture.

”Citrus likes you too, and that carries a lot more weight than your average cat.” She added before turning away.

”Come on, I’ll get you some food, and show you where the spare room is.” Was the last she said before her violet and silver hair vanished into the shadows of the next room, leaving Chloe alone to do what she was going to do, and wonder what deity she’d pleased to have this kind of luck. It had to be some sort of deity, otherwise she wouldn’t be sitting in a house that belonged to a stranger… that apparently sided with the ‘unnatural’ community, as the officials called them.

They were unnatural, so they shouldn’t be granted the human right to breathe. They weren’t humans. It was something that was plastered all over walls and news broadcasts lately. Anyone that fell into the ‘unnatural’ category was really getting sick of hearing it, and even then there were ‘normal’ people who were sick of it too. Granted, they were usually silenced if they opened their mouths, but that was a whole different ball game.

When Chloe finally followed Ally, which had been more of a task than expected at first due to that brisk sprint through the city, she found her in the kitchen, in a room that was lit with a couple of candles, not the lights. It was… odd to say the least, but at least there was light.

”Any allergies?” Ally asked after a few seconds, her voice curious as she dug through the fridge: somewhere that didn’t have a light.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 05:06:42 )
It was true. Society did not look kindly onto witches, werewolves and other supernatural beings. Chloe knew this all too well. Growing up she was a bit of a social outcast and being gifted with magic did not help this. In school she was taunted for her shyness, and due to her need to hide her abilities she isolated herself further from her peers.

Growing up her only friend was her ill father, who tutored her in magic. She never met her mother and only knew of her from what her father told her. After his passing, Chloe was thrown into a group home then bounced from place to place until she was finally booted out onto the streets at the age of 18. During this she continued to practice magic, using what her father had taught her and devouring all the information in the books he had left behind for her.

It was difficult but she managed to secure a part-time job then a year later, at 19, get accepted into a local college. She studied human relations and literature, finding pleasure in the subjects that her teachers touched on. There she met Anya, a beautiful young woman with a passion for writing and helping others. The two quickly became, spending most of their time inside and outside of school together. Anya was the only friend she had made since her father passed, which was why her sudden disappearance was so devastating. She had to find her.

"I'm allergic to pineapples," she said bringing herself back to reality. For a moment she felt embarrassed that she had been lost in thought as she followed the other, but it seemed that Ally had not noticed. "I think I might be allergic to mushrooms too but I can't remember."

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 05:24:20 )
Ally nodded as Chloe finally answered her. She hadn’t paid any heed to the delay, figured she was probably still a bit overwhelmed with this that and the other. Most people would be, she was sure, so she really wasn’t going to let it get to her.

”Pineapples and mushrooms. Good thing I don’t eat either.” She commented with a light laugh before pausing as she withdrew a dish from the fridge.

”Hmmm… you interested in any homemade chicken alfredo? It’s gotta get eaten, and I just haven’t really been feeling it since I made it the other night.” She said before meeting Chloe’s gaze, her eyes seeming to match the cats an almost unnerving amount. ”If not, it’s cool, just thought I’d offer. And if you are hungry, it’d be something quick and quite simple to heat up and serve.” She had no idea as to what her impromptu guests tastes were, but at least this way it was something she could find out - she hoped. One thing that she’d always been raised to do, was try to be respectful of boundaries. Although she figured if someone didn’t tell her where those were, all bets were off.

’She’s obviously got a lot on her mind…’ she thought, but it didn’t show on her face.

’Citrus, stay with her tonight, will you?’ The cat meowed at that point, drawing Chloe’s attention to the mound of fur that was at her feet. She hadn’t even noticed it had jumped off of Ally’s shoulder at some point. Although it did make sense, since she had been bent over a bit as she was looking through the fridge.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/27 05:27:58 )
"That sounds delicious," she nodded to the suggestion and smiled softly. "I'll gladly eat that, I haven't had a real homemade meal for a while." It was hard living on her own. She rented what little she could afford as a part-time barista. Chloe was fresh out of college, drowning in debt and struggling to find a full-time job. Aside from that she made a little off of writing for local newspapers and artwork commissions.

Chloe figured her chances of nabbing a big role in a local news station were non-existent now or even hosting her own exhibit. In the morning there would be an arrest warrant issued for her and even possibly a search. She had used magic on an official after all. If they could sentence her to death they would, but instead she would end up in a small room with nothing but a bed, toilet and herself. Deprived of stimulation and her freedom. Maybe death was better.

She could always flee the city, cut her hair, change her clothes and change her name. There was word of a local man that created false paperwork and smuggled out supernatural folks. Maybe she would try that in the morning.

"Do you think I could use your shower? I'm freezing..." She was still soaked from the rain. "Maybe a change of clothes? I don't want to ask for too much but soggy socks suck." She reached down towards Citrus to tickling the cat's ears. "You're a really good little cat." Chloe mused.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/27 06:12:43 )
Ally shrugged.

”Sure you can.” She said. ”While you warm up, I’ll make sure to get you a change of clothes. You … look about the same size as me.” She added, eying Chloe from head to toe.

”Maybe a bit shorter, but you can roll up the pant legs if they are too long for you.” She added with a light chuckle.

”Want to eat first?” She then asked, her voice curious. There was no way for her to know if the girl would stick around, but since there was a decent chance, she was sure, that Chloe could take off during the shower, she figured it might be smart for her to eat first. That way she had some food to sustain her for awhile.

”Also, just so you know, there’s a barrier around here.” She told the girl plainly. ”I have a couple of charged quartz’ in ideal locations to offer some protection from people coming too close. It’s… barely effective, really. Just stops the snoops in the area from possibly getting the idea to snoop here.” That was a saving grace, she was sure. Ally was willing to put money down that she’d be wanted about as much as those that looked to be obviously non-human if there was anyone that could be a snoop there. So she had a barrier that caused them to have a change of mine, and while it’s something that wasn’t a perfect solution, it was something that could possibly be a thing that someone could get through. Unfortunately.

But it had served her well so far, at the very least. For that, she was impossibly grateful.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/28 18:38:54 )
Barriers. Chloe looked up towards the other from the fridge with surprise. "You're... you're like me. You're not human." A sense of comfort washed over Chloe, she was safe here. Even if Ally wanted to give her the boot, she couldn't without drawing too much attention to herself. Admittedly, Chloe felt a little guilty for putting her into this situation.

"I'm a little embarrassed... I didn't sense magic and I thought I was good at that." Her ears felt hot and her face went a little red. "You must be powerful, and I have to admit that I'm probably only considered a novice witch to most." While she was self taught and had picked up quite a bit through lessons with her father and what she read herself, there was still a lot that she did not know.

"I don't mind wearing clothes that are a little loose or too long." Chloe took the food out of the fridge, stood up and closed the door. "Yeah, I'll eat first then get washed and dressed... and then probably pass out. I'm really exhausted." She wasn't sure if she could manage to actually sleep tonight but at the very least she would rest. Knowing what Ally was and all made her feel like running away less.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/28 22:59:03 )
Ally was silent as Citrus weaved between Chloe’s legs while she spoke. After the woman had finished, the dreadlocked girl spoke.

”Hah, I’m human.” She told her. ”Witches are fucking human.” There was a bit of a snarl to her voice that could be denied, even if one wanted to, yet it was still subtle enough to not be overtly there.

”We just have … extra abilities.” She then said before pausing.

”And whether or not your a novice… well, that doesn’t really matter. What I’ve done? It’s… Well let’s just say, desperation is a wonderful way to learn how to do things, and do them right.” She commented with a laugh as she hgot the dish ready and popped it into the microwave. She set the timer before turning and leaning her hip/backside against the counter.

”Everyone has a a different specialty, or at least that’s what I’ve come to assume.” She told Chloe, ”But I’m almost self taught, so… take what I say with a grain of salt.”

”Regardless, I can do a protection or defensive things. Can’t really do much else, admittedly.” She smirked here, ”And honestly? I can claim I’m just a wiccan, and it’s what gets me safety, really.”

”And yes, you’re more than welcome here. I’ve housed a few “non-naturals” here before.”

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/29 01:12:43 )
Ally was right, she bit her lower lip as she told her that witches were human. That was an insensitive thing to say and she should have thought before speaking. It seemed natural to say something like that, as awful as that may seem. Chloe was so use to this separation of humanity and being a super natural being. She saw it in the media, she heard the way those that she called friends spoke, they were taught it in school and even hiding herself had a negative affect on how she viewed folks like herself. She always felt unnatural, dirty even evil at times, despite knowing that some of the most terrible people were not super natural.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that." She said softly, she would be more careful. After all she now knew she didn't have to pretend with Ally. She could let down her guard a little and slowly chisel away at the years of self-hate. Thought that was certainly easier said than done. Chloe nodded along to Ally as she spoke, she agreed that everyone was special in their own way. Even if they weren't super natural, a person had their own talents and skills. And she admired Ally for being self-taught. "That's amazing... don't sell yourself short. I wouldn't even know how to learn that."

"Thank you, I really appreciate all of this." Chloe placed the food onto the counter, she asked Ally where the plates and utensils where then grabbed one from the cabinet and took out a fork. She began loaded the plate with food then placed it into the microwave to heat it up. Once done she took it out, stirred it up then began to eat. In between bites she continued speaking.

"How long have you studied for?"

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/29 01:50:26 )
After she was sitting down at the island (which had a couple of bar stools to sit on) and asked her question, Ally just sighed.

”I found out I could when I was… fuck… eight?” She asked, knowing that Chloe didn’t know the answer to aht.

”Yeah, I think around my eighth birthday… anyway, found out I could make quartz glow.” It was a simple thing, after all. Quartz were quite commonplace. People often bought them because they liked how they looked, and as a result, kids often received them for decorations and the like. At least that’s how it was in Ally’s family as she was growing up.

”I’m not 24, so you do the math.” She then said with a laugh.

”But even still, all I can do is defensive stuff, BUT I can make someone spill their guts if I really opted to try.” There was a smirk to her voice. That was something she’d discovered when drunk at a friends (at the time) party. She ended up finding out more than she wanted to, and far more than she dared to try and comprehend at the time. Nevermind that, it hadn’t even been intentional. At the time they’d been ridiculing ‘witches’, and they were including Wiccans and Pagans in that, which Ally had known was quite inaccurate. They then asked her to prove that she was a witch…. And she did. They just don’t quite realise it, even a couple years later.

All Ally had to say to that, was Thank God.

She did not need the officials coming down on her ass because she’d done something of the sort. She knew that wouldn’t end pretty.

”Been reading anything I can since then.” She then said ”And that includes using a VPN to read shit online too.” She paused a moment, thinking about something.

”What about you?”

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/29 02:24:54 )
Chloe nodded as she listened to Ally, she wanted to remember what she said. Then it was her turn to speak.

"I think I was seven... My father use to do little tricks to cheer me up," Chloe took another bite of the food before continuing. "I remember him playing with the wind, blowing leaves, toasting marshmallows, making water dance... It was magical and something that I always looked forward to. We lived in the country and were pretty secluded, it was just us on the property and some animals. Growing up I was taught to keep those things to myself, it was really private and not to be spoken about outside of our home. No one knew he could do those things. I use to ask a lot if I could do that, but he was never sure because my mother was... 'normal'." She did air quotations with both hands.

"It was my ninth birthday, we were celebrating with cake and he brought it out. Instead of blowing the candles out I mimicked what he always did to make wind himself... I-" She laughed a little. "I blew the whole cake right off of the table, it slammed against the curtains and stained them. That's when I knew and from then on he started to tutor me. Just little things here and there. I could light candles, blow wind, play with water... but the lessons eventually stopped."

Her eyes looked a little glossy remembering her father. "He fell ill and wasn't able to be as active so my lessons then became limited. He would tell me things at home when it was just us at home, but eventually he spent more time at appointments, and doctors came and went from our home. I didn't have anyone to show me the movements anymore so I tried practicing on my own but it was difficult. When he passed he left me a book, it was full of knowledge and I've been reading it since. I've learned some things from it but... some of it is in old Latin, really old Latin, and some of it is even in a language I can't recognize so getting through it after a certain point became impossible."

Chloe was finished eating at this point, she brought her dish to the sink to rinse and wash it. When done she placed it inside of the dish rack. "I'm going to hop into the shower and change."

After some time Chloe came out to the guest bedroom, she dried off and dressed. Ally was right, the clothes were a little loose but it made them more comfortable. She slipped on a pair of slippers, tied up her hair then approached her bag. From it she took out her father's book then pulled the cover back. She wondered if Ally could make sense of it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/29 02:40:12 )
While Chloe was in the shower, Ally was sitting at her computer, which was largely just a laptop, and researching something. Something she’d mentioned about the book sounded like something that she’d read about in the past, and she wanted to make sure before she said anything to her guest. If she was wrong, well, it was better to not bring it up in that instance.

By the time that Chloe was done, Ally hadn’t found out definitively if the book was, or was not, what she was thinking - but she could ask Chloe about it. She could get more information since Chloe was a guest, after all.

As she heard Chloe coming back downstairs, she didn’t look over.

”Hey Chloe, that book you mentioned, is the cover a Triskele?” She asked, reading something on the screen.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/29 03:05:28 )
Chloe approached Ally with the book in hand, she nodded a little then spoke. "There is one on the cover" she said then faced the cover towards Ally. "Most of it is in English, then some Latin and like I said some of it is in a language that I've never seen. My father scribbled notes by some parts, but I don't know if they were guesses or if he was certain that's what was written." It was a very old book, the spine was barely holding the contents together and the cover was made of black leather. On the front was a silver Triskele, the book was thick and heavy due to being over 600 pages long.

"He left a letter for me, all it said was that this book was fragile and important. That I should only share it if I truly trust someone and..." She trailed off a little then looked at the cover herself. "He didn't want it to end up in the wrong hands, he told me to keep it on me at all times and to protect it."
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 02:31:50 )
Ally was silent as she saw it.

”Oh Holy Sweet Fuck.” She muttered before looking to Chloe.

”Do you have any idea as to what you are currently holding?” She asked after a moment. When she shook her head, Ally sighed lightly. She only knew of it herself due to the research she’d been doing over the years, she’d come across it, but there was far more to it than she was sure she knew. That wasn’t had to do though.

”From what I’ve read, it’s one of the most sought after books at the moment.” She told Chloe honestly, simply.

”Because written in the Gibberish section, the stuff that you can’t identify - and I doubt I’ll be able to even. Latin? That could probably figure out, but I have no idea about the other stuff. Anyway, that stuff is rumoured to contain dark magic.” She continued before looking back to her screen and bringing up some extremely old photos of the book. The book was thinner, looked to have been added to over the years (which was very easy to believe) but it was very easy to tell it was the same book. There were some photos of some of the pages that had been added as well, with some rough ideas for translations of some of what Chloe couldn’t identify.

”From what can be gathered, it looks like a lot of it is potion mixes.” Ally commented. ”And along with that, some of what I’ve read regarding it… the black magic listed in, there’s at least one spell or something in there that can control someone.” She paused here before running a hadn through her dreads.

”Which is why it’s so sought after. Who wouldn’t like to be able to control another person?”
110k // 225k volts.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.