Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Bad Customer Service Will Kill Your Business

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 23:31:30 )

Even if you have amazing food, eventually acting like an ass hole will drive people off. A place that my group of friends likes to go to for AYCE sushi closed permanently recently. The service was absolutely horrible, and the worst server was the owner's wife. She would bully people into paying more, to accept an order that wasn't theirs, and all kinds of terrible things.

Anonymous:
We came on Friday night around 7:30 and there were about 4 other tables sat when we got there.The food is awesome! The servers were terrible. They paid no attention to us. I had to get up and hand my menu to someone at the front of the restaurant. We waited 10-15 minutes for plates to be taken and a new menu brought out. Also music on intercomm playing songs and wanting to sex your body. Not an appropriate thing for my kids to be listening to. Once drinks were refilled (we had water) it was refilled with Luke warm water . Ice only after requesting it. If this is the new face of the restaurant I will not be back. Wish there was actual management checking on custom

Anonymous:
Absolutely horrible service and business. I have never been treated like or spoken to the way I was by an employee at a restaurant in my entire life. I was there to celebrate a friend who is moving away in a couple of days, and because I don’t eat fish, I wanted to order the $13 chicken hibachi. I was told, however, that I wasn’t allowed to order separately from the “all you can eat” menu the table was to order from (which was $20/person). I was then told either I don’t eat or I have to order from that $20 menu. Let me repeat that: “Either I don’t eat, or I have to order from the $20 menu.”

I’ve never been so embarrassed, disappointed, and ashamed in a restaurant and their staff in my entire life, nor have I ever gotten up and left in that manner. DO. NOT. GO.

One of the hundreds of bad reviews.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 23:37:04 )

I have personal experience with the place, and the service really is awful. The first time I ever went there, I ordered something nice and cheap (because I poor). They lost my order, and gave me the wrong thing. Then tried to add that to my bill, and got mad that I wanted what I ordered.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 23:46:24 )
@Another Movie Addict: What did you do?
Did they correct it and charge you the proper amount?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 23:47:38 )

@Rallaa: No they just had me eat what they brought me, and the owner gave me back the difference.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 23:52:05 )

Anonymous:
I ordered takeout and the food was decent, however I ordered brown rice and I received a colored white rice. When I called to inquire if they have brown rice( assuming that they had possibly mixed up my order) I was told that they refer to brown rice as “Fried White Rice”. When I asked if they could supplement my rice for a different option (as I do not eat white rice), I was told that I would have to pay an $3 up-charge. I will refrain from utilizing this establishment as my go-to place specifically due to the poor customer service and misleading menu options.

Another great review.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 00:00:49 )
Wow what the fuck.
I definitely wouldn't eat at a place if they refused to give me my proper order.
I'd have just told them to go fuck themselves and left.

Also, that brown rice thing is super fucked up.
I'm guessing they do that because white rice is cheaper and keeps for a lot longer that brown rice.
Most people who just hear "oh, brown rice is better for you" won't notice the difference, so they're getting cheated by the restaurant.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 00:02:57 )

The worst server was the owner's wife. She's the one that freaks out on customers and causes a scene. I've seen him cover up her mistakes a lot. Would not be surprised if she's the main thing to get that place out of business.

It is a shame though, because the food was alright.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 00:12:04 )
Someone call Gordon Ramsey on them!
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 00:17:09 )

Supposedly those shows actually cause those places to shut down.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 04:09:48 )
@Another Movie Addict: sadly not if you're a huge chain like mcdonalds
my nearby chain has the worst people working at it. my mom and i just went a few days ago only to have the cashier be super rude, not actually listen to us and still got our order wrong in the end. they put like, one sandwhich in one bag and smashed everything else in the second bag, and that was just one experience.
but thats been an issue since before i was born there (or nearly so), so doesnt look like theyre going down anytime soon.

but ey, im never going there again

vote with your money peeps
9000/48000 volts!
PING me :vanora_smile:
Some sick dungeon beats
i want to rp! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 10:27:49 )
We\'ll carry on

@Ina: I live in a town between 2 cities, both with their own McDonalds. The city to the north has the same kind of “service” like yours. Last time I went there was with my brother after a movie (the cinema is right next to it).
I asked for nuggets and medium cola without ice (their cola is cold anyway and extra cold just hurts my stomach). So I got a large cola with ice and a hamburger. I went back to say they were wrong and they told me they weren’t and thatit was my mistake for not speaking clearly. o.o

The city to the south, their Mc, if they forget to add sauce, you can go back and get free cola.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 13:12:39 )

@Ina: So far the service at our local McD's has been pretty good. Not like the most amazing thing ever, but no outright ass holes.

I've only been to the place I'm talking about twice, and that was more than enough for me. A lot of my friends excuse the behavior because of the good food, and that it only gets bad when they're busy. But honestly the servers are just poorly trained and mean. The second time I went, had to order something twice because they forgot my order entirely. The AYCE was 20$ which isn't terrible, they'd bring you a sheet to order from and then bring it to you. Instead of a buffet set up. So you had to rely on them to not fuck up your order, which they did. Every time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.