Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Reading lists and challenges

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 16:14:51 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Do you have a reading list? Do you stick to it? Do you participate in reading challenges?

I've tried making reading lists before, but I never stick to them. I always find something else I'd rather be reading.

I do well with reading challenges, though. I'm a very competitive person and noticed that my friend pledged to read 100 books on Goodreads last year. I thought I'd show her up and pledge to read 200 books myself this year! It's really hard to find that kind of time so I'm about 30 behind right now, and this year she only pledged 5 so now I feel silly. lol!

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 17:19:22 )
I got into reading for a little bit cuz my girlfriend liked to read before bed for a while.
I made a list of fantasy authors I wanted to read eventually.
Then we both stopped reading before bed cuz she got a tablet and started reading any other time other than bedtime.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 21:53:45 )
@Rallaa I'm too tired to read in the evening. I do it in the morning while my work computer is booting up its 15 million programs (mild exaggeration) and I take a book with me wherever I go, so I actually do a lot of my reading in the checkout line at the grocery store, while my tank is filling with gas, and while stuck in traffic. lol! Then there are those awesome days where our systems go down at work and instead of goofing around with people or messing with my phone, I read.

What fantasy authors were you into?

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 04:54:04 )

I have tried to do reading challenges before. It can be pretty challenging to meet goals if they are set high. Never know what road blocks life with throw your way.

I have lists of books I would like to read, but the goal is set for "eventually" since there are so many on there and I keep finding even more I want to read.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.