Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Unique entertainment where you live?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:11:40 )
Anything interesting where you live, that you can't just find anywhere?

Something I enjoy doing locally is touring historical homes (especially those of Civil War interest). It's actually very inexpensive. For only $2 or $3 you can walk around a beautiful, lavishly decorated mansion and learn some history. Most places don't let you take photos inside, but some do! And many of them have lovely gardens and grounds you can roam at your leisure. One day I just house-hopped and went to three different old mansions, one after the other.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:50:47 )
We have a local history museum and we have a yearly event called Levi Coffin day.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:51:02 )

hmm unique places where I live, what came to mind is the Bison Park located near my town.
Reclaimed land, nature preserve kinda place. There's a viewpoint place where you can see the bison from afar.
I found an interesting article about the herd.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 05:52:40 )
well, we've got horse races and car races...

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 06:01:47 )
We have rice cake festival during our town anniversary and holy procession of saints.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 10:56:56 )
Four of my favorite words: Frozen Dead Guy Days.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 19:15:23 )
I live next to the Peak District which is a national park in England. It's good for walking across high rocky hills & fells etc. There are lots of National Parks in the UK but I'm partial to the Peak District :3

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 20:09:46 )

In my own city we have a museum that belongs to the top musea of our country. We also have a race track where I frequently visit races. If we go a bit further, I say 1 hour there is this:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.