Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Event Feedback - We wanna know what you like!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 01:32:34 )
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Hey guys!

The nature of avatar sites has been shifting for a while and what worked in the past doesn't necessarily function so great now. As staff, our aim is to always improve on communicating content in a smart, pleasant, and readable way. No one wants to trudge through walls of text and we understand that, so help us make your experience with lore and writing elements the best it can be!

Any feedback on how threads are presented so far? Both positive and negative feedback is helpful, so don't be shy!

Do you like lore being separate from instructions?

How would you like to best indulge in lore? Like the daily grant stories, in chapters like the Wonderland event, in random threads that pop up with stories of their own, or some other ways?

Any games or other ideas you wish we would incorporate into events?

Have prizes been incentivizing? Do you like the idea of participation grants?

These are just some questions to open up a discussion and are by no means exhaustive. They also don't require an answer if you wish to leave other feedback. Please lay it on us! Thank you in advance. C;

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 03:11:59 )
I liked the Vontell thread. It was cute.

The lore being separate is good. Allows people to ignore it if they're not interested.

Any way you want to serve up lore is good. Randomly appearing seems like a bad idea unless we get notified of it somehow.
I can foresee a situation in which some people completely don't notice, and miss out on lore.

During the beach event, I had good incentive to participate.
This anniversary event though, I only feel incentivized to enough submit entries into design and drawing threads because it was simple for me.
Posting doesn't feel like it has a purpose for me, this event.
I'm more of a lurker at heart, so I can't bring myself to try posting (and numbering) for *chances* at getting items.
I'd prefer posting to get currency and turning it in, or participating in some kind of actual game or activity.

The Frizz thread is more fun, but it's annoying that it's only on certain pages. People would want to join in on those pages so they get a chance, but then they'd have to keep track of the pages.
Or some people would want to participate for prize chances but might be unlucky enough to never be online when it's on the prize pages.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 03:55:37 )
I really liked the thread where you sent in good/nice words about fellow users. That should have stayed open longer.
I like the event threads in general, and I think that they prizes are great too.

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 04:32:56 )
I will be back after the event ends xD
But for now, i would suggest to avoid using image for instructions ( text )
Because the text are so small on mobile D:

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 04:36:55 )
Yeah, the details of how Frizz's thread worked shouldn't have been included in the image.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 05:06:06 )
@Raxton: Feedback on past events is welcome as well, just so you know. C;

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 07:17:04 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Noted on the rules thing! For me on mobile I can zoom in clearly on the images no problem, but I understand that isnt universal for browsers. Will from now on separate all rules.

I love Vontells thread too, but we also have to consider managability. Leaving it open multiple days would be a lot of catching up for post management while staff slept and such. Ultimately as the site grows, threads like Vontell's sadly wont be possible.

As for the page number prizes, maybe it would be best to say "every page for x pages" but I worry that would make it easier for the same cpuple people to just keep posting all night and secure before others get to see it? Nonetheless, youre right that we dont want people uninspired to play until the page numbers are close. Will try to think of work arounds!

Super appreciate the feedback guys. :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 12:11:42 )
I love reading about the lore, and I love that every event has lore aaaaaaaaaaa feed me all the lore please, I live on plot~~~~ aaaaaa *takes screenshots of item grant stories*

The only thing I'm a little iffy about this event is the text presented to us in images. I get that's it's aesthetic and pretty, but for some reason whenever there's a chunk of text presented to me in an image, my brain goes: "THAT'S AN IMAGE, NOT A WALL OF TEXT! You can't read an image, just look at how pretty it is instead~" because my brain is an idiot, apparently. But they're pretty anyway >w< It's just me lmao

Participation grants are great! Gives people some incentive to join in on the fun, I think ^w^

Hmm, games.. I can't quite recall right now, but I had a lot of fun in the Wonderland Event and the games there, and interacting more with the NPCs was absolutely delightful

I might be back later once I think more XD
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 13:00:33 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

*goes to review the wonderland event because it was before my time*

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 16:24:24 )
Well personally, i would prefer item design contest, avatar contest, drawing contest, etc to be an annual thing.. Instead of on events xD

I would prefer the events to include more games, the more variety the better... Some of what we did before are actually quite fun.
Also be mindful of people living in different timezones.. Because like at the beach event, the games are only on like an hour or so.. So it would be a huge disadvantage for some people xD
So for some people, it would be the same as no event at all

The participation rewards are nice, but be careful in giving to much volts, i would prefer giving choice of commons, common orbs, or the current event items instead of awarding volts
We have to many volts in the system already imo

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 21:33:22 )

Raxton:

The participation rewards are nice, but be careful in giving to much volts, i would prefer giving choice of commons, common orbs, or the current event items instead of awarding volts
We have to many volts in the system already imo
This.
I totally agree with Raxton here. Why not giving away another event item?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 23:31:07 )
This is great feedback so far! Really appreciate it, guys. We may not respond specifically to each post, but we're reading over what you're saying very carefully and would rather not dilute your feedback with our own dialogue.
Just by posting here and conversing with each other is helping immensely! This is to better serve you and improve your experience, so please speak up if you have anything to say. C;

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 23:36:51 )
Yeah, if there are event items, I'd rather get those than volts.
I can get volts anytime.

During the 'posting currency' events, I can understand not wanting to give out tons more event items, cuz there might already become a surplus of them.
But giving out event items is perfect for an event like this current one because we're limited to 1 of each event item per account.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/4 23:48:00 )
@Hazer: oh right..I forget about that cuz there is usually nothing in there.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 00:00:25 )
i like the scavenger hunts with vreg-sama

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 00:03:07 )
i also like event items
i just like to hoard
i like most event items. the wonderland and halloween sets are my fave

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 00:54:42 )
I love reading the lore for each npc.

but for each contest, there should be different winners for each of the contests. not the same ones all the time, let others have a chance.

I really liked the part of the event where we sent in good/nice words about fellow volties. It should have been more than sending in 3 volties usernames. to say nice things about, because we all have a lot of friends, and there is a lot of nice volties on here. it should have stayed open longer.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 02:00:24 )
@Unicorn: Yeah, Vontell's thread was nice, but it's a lot of work for them to keep track of all the messages. That's why they limited it to just the one day.

Though, having some word ahead of time would have been nice.
That goes for anything on the site.
Things that happen for just a short time definitely *must* be properly communicated beforehand.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 04:34:27 )
Just a friendly reminder we're still gathering feedback and would really appreciate your input as it matters greatly to us. C;
Thank you!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/12 04:41:03 )
@Dowan: I love the fact that we got to spend volts for event items, as much as I love it when we have event currency for event items.

but the bundle, and bucket should of been for volts, and the items of the event be event currency.

now I know that it may, or may not work that way or ever again for that mater. but if there is away around it to happen again I say have it that way. Just an idea.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.