Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Hazer's Unholy Horde: A Hangout

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 03:47:09 )
@star2000shadow: You're avatar looks nice. This week was super busy, but at least I have a few days to rest now. How has this week treated you so far?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 09:14:50 )
Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1 |

@SnakeWeaver: not to great, and great at the same time. great in legs healing, i have a mouth operation coming up to remove teeth, then in two months after i get dentures and such.. and not great in toher areas. so how are you?

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 15:27:46 )
@star2000shadow: I'm tired, but good, and lacking surgery action. I hurt a bit from loosing my eye cover, but hopefully I'll find it soon.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 18:02:29 )
Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1 |

@SnakeWeaver: if you can't you should report that you lost it and they'll give you another one.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 20:05:44 )
@star2000shadow: Report to who? It's not prescribed to me, there's not a lot out there for those with photophobia who don't fall under the most common types. It was bought for me by a friend. The closest to help a professional I've gotten was being told they refuse to test my eyes because they don't see the point.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 21:52:13 )

@SnakeWeaver: ....your kidding me..i that's horrible..im so sorry.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 22:16:18 )
@star2000shadow: I wish I was kidding. I recall in high school, I once told a counselor that I wasn't glaring- I was in pain. She was someone who should have had some amount of basic training to understand how minds work in order for the school to let her counsel kids, right? She should have been able to understand that back then I was forcing my eyes to look as normal as I could at my own expense and pain whenever I could to try to feel more normal. Doing this caused more blinking and eye watering because honestly it likely wasn't healthy. Her reaction when I told her I wasn't glaring though? She called me a liar and said I had social issues. There were multiple physical clues that I was telling the truth, but she never looked for them. Even though I'm 32, I think about that a lot, mainly because I wonder how many other kids who were differently able did she call liars. It's a horrible thing to wonder, but I can't help it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 22:58:32 )

@SnakeWeaver: I'm so sorry you went through that. she really shouldn't of been in a position where she was supposed to help kids if she didn't ahve all the basic training or even listen to it..i'm so sorry you went through that.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:06:21 )
@star2000shadow: There's no reason to apologize. She wasn't the first, or last to judge me harshly or inaccurately. It's just something that stayed with me simply because I know I'm unusually hardy and unlikely to be the first, or last kid she ever saw and wrongly judged. That's the only reason what she did stays with me. That thought haunts me a bit, especially since she's in a position where most kids would be looking for help from her. Does that make sense? Just thinking of the damage she's possibly done in the name of helping children 'get better'.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/23 23:28:23 )

@SnakeWeaver: yeah that makes sense, I'd be worried how many kids felt bad for their disabilitys because she tells them th eir lieing. i had that issue. where people expected me to act liek all thetoher kids and because of my disabilitys i couldn't. it just gets frustrating and what's worse is thinking how other kids like me or even worse then me coudl be treated by someone who does that. simply because like you I'd want to protect them from that. because it IS damaging even if we're older and can disqualify what that person said it still stays with us.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 00:13:14 )
@star2000shadow: Exactly. I hope counselors are expected to be a bit wiser these days, but honestly? I'm unsure if they are expected to be since there are still teachers who will punish four year old girls for wearing something that shows their shoulders, despite that the only other things not covered are the neck and head. .

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 02:37:02 )

@SnakeWeaver: ...your kidding me. i grew up in tank tops because it was cheaper then getting tshirts and such..

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 03:04:53 )
@star2000shadow: Looked for the story I was thinking of, I was one year off, but yeah... Dress codes it feels like have gotten worse over time instead of better?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 03:37:28 )

SnakeWeaver:
@star2000shadow: Looked for the story I was thinking of, I was one year off, but yeah... Dress codes it feels like have gotten worse over time instead of better?

WAY worse, there's some schools no mater the weather where both boys and girls have to wear long sleeved shirts, and someo f them are in HOT areas, meaning kids could get heat stroke and stuff but seriously fromt he sounds of it she was covered.. if they ahd that much issue give her a small over coat to go over the dress and she'd of been fine, why make the little one even MORE hot by having her in top pants PLUS gyms hrots i mean..that was horrid.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 03:40:25 )
@star2000shadow: Yeah, I'm glad that I graduated high school before things became that crazy. I don't like the idea of such crazy constrictions getting put there. Also I have no idea why shoulders are viewed that why by anyone at any age. This isn't the victorian era where people put clothes on tables because their tables legs look 'too sexy'.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 17:24:10 )

@SnakeWeaver: ....'blinks'....they put 'clothes' on their table legs because...'brain breaks'

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 17:46:20 )
@star2000shadow: Remember people were uber sexually repressed in the victorian era, so yes that's why we have table clothes in the modern age still used. Men in the Victorian era thought table legs were too arousing as they were reminded of womens legs. Just think of the amount of repression it takes to start seeing ladies sexy legs on a table.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 21:36:03 )

@SnakeWeaver: that is a lotof Repression.

Donator — Sea Snake Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/24 21:43:15 )
@star2000shadow: Right? XD It's one of the many reasons why I think when people see issues with modest outfits over something as silly as a bare neck or shoulders that it's actually an issue with the person upset over it, not the outfit itself.
Free Tiny Pride Flags

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/26 11:34:33 )

@SnakeWeaver: agreed, i mean seriously put them in shorts and boys and girls at that age are practicly indistiguashble.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.