Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Destiny!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 11:06:13 )

Sorry about the inaccuracy of my Destiny 2 countdown c': I was concinved that it came out on the 9th, for some reason, and not the 6th.
Hey everyone ~
I figured it'd be cool to have a little thread to chat about Destiny, maybe share some tips, and meet other players / coordinate raids and fireteams and such. If you'd like, post with your gamertag as well as the console you play on and I'll add you to the list! When it comes to discussions, please tuck potential spoilers into spoiler tags.

It's technically 10 days by this time but for some reason putting that up feels misinforming o_o

Anyway, what's your favourite part about Destiny? How long have you been playing?
What do you spend most of your playtime doing? I was lucky enough to play the beta for both games, but I missed out on most of years 2 and 3 of Destiny q-q *sobs at all the loot I'll never obtain*

Do not add anyone on this list without first contacting them and asking their permission!
Username - (Console) - Gamertag
Addy - (Xbox One & PS4) - Addark
Burial - (PS4) - lBurial (with a lowercase "L")
Thalanil - (Xbox One) - Miss Yoona
Vii - (PS4) - MAGIVESTIGIUM

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 11:13:14 )
Omg a destiny Thread! Day one beta player here, psn : lBurial (with an L,I think) have a little over 900 hours locked in though I quit playing months ago. Super excited about D2! I'm a hunter main <3 favorite part of the game was loot for sure. Also loved patrols and strikes, I did hundreds of strikes because I was pretty much a solo player :vanora_cry:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 11:18:13 )
@Burial: Yess, fellow day-1-er! That first boot-up of the game was so exciting though, wasn't it? I remember getting goosebumps from the music. cB Still do sometimes. Do you play on PS3 or PS4? o:

Also a hunter main, though I'm slowly leveling up a titan. I love the flourish and agility of the hunters, but I'm such a Leroy Jenkins that titan is more realistic to my play style. xD

That's a ton of time to have sunk into a game! I honestly haven't kept track and I'm ashamed to say I don't think it's anywhere near that, but I spent a long time in situations where I had no wi-fi and couldn't play q-q I can totally relate on killing the strikes, though. And then it got to the point where you knew where all the enemies were going to spawn and could breeze through the thing in like 10 minutes. xD

My friend used to come over with his console and we'd be sitting there in the living room having a 21st century LAN party. xD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 12:12:27 )
Started out on ps3 but transfered over to ps4 when the taken king came out. Yeah 900 is a lot but I know some hardcore players that have like over 1500! It's crazy :vanora_xd: if you're ever curious there's a site called timewastedondestiny that can show you how many hours you've put into it, that's how I found out mine :)
I'm so excited to boot up D2 and listen to that sweet sweet menu music
:vanora_heart:
That's so Cool! I wish my irl friends played destiny so we could have like a little destiny Party! But sadly they don't :vanora_cry:
Are you getting D2 on release day?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 12:34:10 )
@Burial: Hmmm it won't let me check right now but I'll have to remember that, thanks for the tip! ^-^

Yes, booting up D2 for the first time is going to be so exciting. Bungie says there's a lot more story and whatnot and based upon the beta I'm certainly excited to see what happens and how everything unfolds! I'm kind of disappointed that they just kicked the first game to the curb like they did, though. :c

Definitely getting D2 on release, if I can afford it. Are you? xD I pre-ordered it so hopefully I don't end up having to pay the late fee AND having to wait to play lol. What I'm not sure about is whether GameStop is having a midnight premiere, but I think it's in the mall here so probably not... o:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 12:42:53 )
@Vii: yeah I just checked sorry I think it's cause D2 is so close they're gonna update it so it's offline atm
I'm mostly excited for patrols! I would spend hours just wandering around collecting mats on each planet, it was so much fun !
For sure getting it on release day, pre-ordered the limited edition cause I wasn't able to pre-order the collectors:( the only thing I'm worried about is that I live near Houston so with all the flooding I hope the game stop I pre-ordered at gets the game in time
I did hear of gamestop doing prereleases at 9pm? Maybe, or maybe that's just digital lol I'm not sure

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 20:55:38 )
@Burial: Oh yeah, I love patrols! It was a great way to just grind towards the beginning, too. I always ended up leveling beyond the story missions lol c':

Oh, shoot, hope you've been safe with the hurricane pelting you guys. And it certainly would suck to come so close to the release of D2, only to have it delayed because the truck couldn't get to GameStop. xD

I'll have to call the GS here and see what they'll be doing. I wish I could have ordered the Ghost Edition of the first Destiny, but we were too broke q-q It's funny, Destiny is one of my favourite games and yet I don't have the collector's edition for it. xD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 21:02:13 )
I play on Xbox One (Miss Yoona)
I can't wait for the next one to come out :D
So excited
i played years 1 & 3 and betas for both

my body is ready for d2 :vanora_heart:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 21:11:43 )
@Thalanil: MY BODY IS READY TO HOP ON THAT D...2. xD
The beta was hella intense, I was standing there with my mouth agape like

"IF THE VANGUARD DIES I'M GONNA FREAK"

Thankfully everything was okay but yeah! Can't wait to see what the Cabal are up to... and I'd like to see a resurgence of The Stranger...

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 21:32:25 )
@Vii: we were extremely lucky with the flooding honestly. I mean I'm only worried about a game not coming in on time while people have lost their homes and stuff, makes me feel pretty bad :(
Ugh I was so mad that I missed out on the ghost edition! But it was my fault, I waited way too long to preorder it lol
With D2 though I went the day it was announced and I still wasn't able to preorder the collectors edition. The guy at GameStop said they were only given like 3 or 4 to preorder but I wasn't too upset since it's just a bag I'll never use anyway :vanora_xd:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 21:40:57 )
@Burial: Well, that's good, I'm glad you're safe. ^-^ And it is sad to think that others have lost so much in comparison, but I suppose it just makes you that much more thankful for coming out the other side unscathed. Watching stuff about it on the news has been nuts, too. But then I saw something about people leaving their animals chained up to die and couldn't handle anymore. D:

Also, why the heck would GS only set aside so few Collector's Editions for pre-order? .__. That's kinda lame, honestly. If someone wants to pay that extra little bit of money, you'd think they'd be all over it since the employees all earn commission.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:56:20 )
@Vii: it definitely makes me feel thankful. I know what you mean, I didn't actually see the videos but I did see some pictures, it was just so heartbreaking.
I have no idea! I was so mad cause I literally left work early to go preorder it, not even 4 hours after it was announced and I still couldn't get one :vanora_huff: later that day though I did have the chance to preorder it via bestbuy online but I decided against it. Like I said the bag isn't really practical for me, I mean if it had come with another light up talking ghost then hell yeah I would've preordered it but I don't NEED the bag lol might as well save my money. Besides there's tons of merch coming out <3 I'll just get that instead !

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:00:46 )
@Burial: True, so true! I feel ashamed to admit this but the only Destiny merch I even have is a poster and a T-shirt. I've hardly looked at what Bungie even has for sale. Totally would have been awesome if they released another wave of light-up ghosts, too c': but I can see why they wouldn't want to do it twice. But yeah if it was just a bag, I mean.. it probably just has the logo or something, right? Now if it actually looked like something from the game... > 3>

Only four hours after the announcement is still pretty intense too, even for only having a handful of copies to set aside.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:11:59 )
@Vii: omg I literally want everything bungie has in their online store xD I think the only things I own are the limited editions of the base game, the taken king and I also got that cute cayde figure you got for preordering. Oh oh and a hunter keychain <3 I've been trying to get my hands on a hunter figure that came out recently, it looks so great but it's so hard to find! :vanora_heart:
The bag was supposed to be like "cabal" themed and it comes with a solar charger or something and a thermal blanket ? I think , I dunno but I wasn't impressed :vanora_huff:
Yeah apparently one guy had come in early on, maybe an hour after it was announced and preordered 2 copies atleast that's what the GameStop employee said so who knows

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:29:34 )
@Burial: Woah, you got a Cayde figure? That's awesome!! The only thing we got at our GameStop was.... a lame wristband. |D Action figures have a way of doing that, too, especially right around the launch of a game (naturally). I remember when Deus Ex: Human Revolution first came out, the Adam Jensen figures were $30-50, but after a few weeks they skyrocketed to well over $100. I kicked myself for a long time for not getting one, but eventually received one as a gift. c':

Damn I would love a Hunter figure too, tho. So many awesome action figures and busts have come out over the years that I never learned about until after they were gone. xD Like the limited edition Samus Aran sculptures that light up! Gosh I'd give almost anything to have one.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 13:17:01 )
@Vii: yes ! He's so adorable ! I kept him in the box up until the beta started then finally decided to put him out on display <3 I kinda want that wrist band though xD
Don't you just hate when that happens :vanora_cry: sometimes I don't pay attention to like new figure releases and stuff like that and by the time I find out about it it's too late ! They're all sold out and are going for double the price on eBay :(

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 19:13:44 )
@Burial: The wrist band honestly isn't even Destiny themed, it's a blue and green tie-dye GameStop thing that says "Power to the Players". c': Totally would rather have a Cayde for my collection LOL I mean I'm always down for a trade loljk

But yeah I feel like I'm always late to the party with merchandise. The only game I have a lot of cool things for is Portal, and even then, my ottoman stopped holding air so I had to get rid of it q-q

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 21:24:20 )
@Vii: aw that sucks! I thought it would be a destiny themed wrist band cause I swear some GameStops were giving them away when you preordered along with a poster too. I didn't get any of those though just the little figure. On the destiny Reddit I think someone said their GameStop was giving away destiny fidget spinners, I was kinda jealous just cause I want everything destiny! :vanora_xd:
You had the inflatable companion cube ottoman ? I also hate that when I was a kid I would get so much cool stuff like figures and toys but I never took care of them and now I would kill to have all my old things back :vanora_cry:

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:07:57 )
I have Destiny on the XBOXOne. I got in super late, like, when they were starting to sell the game with all the dlc's for like 40$. I like it. I mainly play a Hunter, but I think I have a Titan I'm working on. I wish I had money to get the 2nd one, just because I know all my friends are getting it. I'm usually the last to show up to the party when a new game comes out. Although, I will say, I have been eyeing Forza Horizon 3 for a while now....there is Hot Wheels DLC for it....
My awesome Art

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 05:33:00 )
@Burial: Yeah, a Destiny wristband would have been cool but nah. Just GameStop. xD

SPEAKING OF WHICH... they just called me and said they're doing an early release for D2 on Tuesday! So I get to go pick it up Tuesday night! HELL YES! Right in the middle of my weekend lol. And I totally can relate on abusing toys as a kid. Between cutting the hair off collectors' dolls and losing pieces to my action figures when I brought them to school, I was rough on my stuff and definitely regret not having some of it.

@ChemicalDivision: Darn, it sucks you never got to experience Destiny earlier on, but I'm glad you got to play it at all! There was so much hype and excitement around and the worlds were always full of other players, but naturally activity trickled off, and others focused more on things like The Crucible and Trials of Osiris so I found (and still find) it hard to complete some tasks that require teaming up with a few other Guardians. Though lately I've made a bunch of friends and there's been more activity since Destiny 2 is so close. <:
Also, I'd totally buy you Destiny if I were your friend, everyone else was getting it, and knew you couldn't get it. q-q Alas I'm broke this month because I got pulled over for speeding in July. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.