Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Going into surgery today DDDD: [UPDATED]

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 14:37:46 )
Updates:
~ Surgery postponed due to bone infection. Too close to craniofacial nerve to risk pulling it without the infection gone. Antibiotics to kill a horse given. Hopefully this will take some of the epicly-horrible pain down. FML

-

I have surgery this afternoon, and i'm pretty scared. D:

I was told not to eat beforehand, so i'm all hungry and wobbly and terrified. ;_;

--

Have you guys ever had to have surgery? Were you scared?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 14:43:01 )
@Kozi: Sorry I haven't. I can only imagine what you are going through and I wish you all the luck in the world *hugs*

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 14:46:23 )
I did when i was a kid tho
So i dont really remember what it feels like D:

What kind of surgery is it?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 14:54:36 )
@Saeyra: Thank you, love :3 I hope you never need it!

@Raxton: In-depth oral surgery for a badly broken tooth. The guy isn't sure if he'll have to cut it out of the bone, or not. It's the closest emergency appointment I could get, since it is making it hard for me to swallow, therefore eat/drink. ;_;

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 15:03:19 )

@Kozi: Good luck with it. I had surgery twice. I was fine until I ended up in the waiting room. And waiting room as in the room you end up in before the sugery room. I ended up crying. But I'm sure you will be fine.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 15:24:17 )
We\'ll carry on

I had surgery 5 times in my life. The last 3 in the last year. I always was nervous, but there is little to worry about. There is always someone there who is just there to keep an eye on your vital signs.
The no eating or drinking before is the hardest part, really.

But good luck and I hope it will all go well for you.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 16:13:14 )
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

@Kozi: I've had multiple surgeries and of course they're no fun,
There's no point in worrying too much though, it'll be fine ^^
Afterwards you'll be tired and woozy but that gets better soon

I wish you all the luck! <3

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 16:48:46 )
Thank you, guys. I appreciate your kind words. TT^TT

@Tuijp: Oh my! Why so many surgeries? I hope you're much, much better now.

@Nyuu: I hope it'll be a relief. I'd take almost anything at this point. I hope yours went okay as well. D:

@vengeance: Oh, i'm sure i'll be a shaky, sobbing mess. That sounds about right lol. XDD;;

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 17:14:52 )
&hearts; &hearts; &hearts; &hearts;

@Kozi: I'm sure you'll feel so relieved when the pain is gone! <3
I'm fine, it was a couple of years ago^^

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 17:34:45 )
@Nyuu: That's good. I'm glad you're feeling better now. :3
@Elithiya: Oh god. That sounds so painful! D: Did they remove the whole gallbladder? My mom had to have hers out, since it was nearly bursting. DDD:

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 17:57:00 )
@Elithiya: Aww, what a sweet baby. Is she yours?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 18:26:52 )
We\'ll carry on

@Kozi: because of a combination of Marfan Syndrome and being transgender.
If everything goes according to plan, I will have surgery at least 2 more times in the next year.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 19:45:28 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

TBH Surgery was the best sleep I ever got.

I had a parasite infection that started to spread to my liver. Idk if you ever seen those creepy YouTube videos of people having tons of spaghetti like worms removed from them but that was me and I was terrified. I unknowingly ate contaminated meat. After all said and done it wasnt that bad. Everyone is different though.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 20:49:14 )
@Tuijp: I had to Google that one. It sounds like a royal pain in the keister. DD: I hope you can feel your greatest one day. Also, apologies in advance if I eff up your choice of pronouns, i'm really bad at that. x_x;; (which is bad considering I changed my own. derp.)

@Millet: HOLY SH- Dude. i am so sorry. That must have been so traumatizing for you. DDD: But i'm super glad you it taken care of, though!! Poor Millet-chans.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 20:51:10 )
Updated the thread with newer info.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 21:09:40 )
@Kozi: Omg bone infection?! Sounds painful man! How did it get infected if you don't mind me asking?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 21:15:19 )
@Saeyra: The tooth broke, like BANG. But the pieces are still there, and mobile, so they shifted. A piece of my gums got caught, and pinched horribly. That piece died off, making an infection. By the time it hurt enough to alert me something was wrong, it had gotten pretty far. ;______; #killme

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 22:10:13 )
@Kozi: Oh yeah! That happened to my older sis! She had dental surgery and a piece of tooth was left and caused all sorts of bad things to happen. Don't worry, we went to a good surgeon after that and he fixed it up really fast and easy. But yeah tooth problems are the worst Sorry man. They hurt more than any other body part because they also cause headaches.

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 22:46:49 )
&hearts; &hearts; &hearts; &hearts;

@Kozi: ahh i'm so sorry to hear about the bone infection!! i hope that passes soon so you can get the surgery D: <33

Questing: click here!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 23:15:24 )
@saeyra: Yeah, man. It was to the point where I have migraines and was drooling. It is so. gross. BLECH =__=;;

@Nyuu: I'm counting the days, for sure. This royally sucks. Thank you for supporting me, through all of my whining XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.