Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Writing Prompt Wednesday! Win a CRATE!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 00:27:40 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

You may use this badge if you ever win a weekly writing prompt!

[img]https://image.ibb.co/hJwGze/imageedit_2_7806923009.png[/img]

presently closing contests until Voltra has more activity. No one active really seems interested(thats ok!) Saeyra won the raffle for a crate.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 01:03:53 )
Awesome idea!! Good luck and I hope alot of people join!

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 05:52:04 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Ill post my example in a day or two. Obviously cant pick myself to win but I do enjoy participating.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 06:11:30 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

@Millet: Hmmmm, I'm going to move this to the literature forum, I think it would fit in there better than the general chit chat. =)

(Also, I may join in!)

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 06:12:19 )

Ah ok, sorry bout that!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 11:37:58 )
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This sounds fun!! i think i'll participate <3

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/15 16:13:49 )
&hearts; &hearts; &hearts; &hearts;

@Deaa: I think this'll interest you!

Questing: click here!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/16 03:24:11 )

Will submit my example tomorrow incase anyone is confused

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/16 18:30:50 )

DILIGENT HALFLING FIGHTER FROM AN UNCHARTABLE ISLAND WHO IS SECRETLY ENAMORED BY EMBROIDERY

“Complete ye tasks any fasta’ or any betta’ and I’d be forced to assume you’s ain’t a Halfling- but a sorceress aiming to inevitably black mail me.” Dunbar said while gleefully patting Quin’s back.

Quin, gently bows in appreciation.
“Thank you sir, your compliments are much too kind. Will that be all?”

“No, I wish to drown ye ears in unsolicited advice for a minute.”

Quin looks up troubled, he was under the impression he could do no better so what could there possibly be to give advice on?

“Wipe ya face of that alarm, you misunderstand.”

Quin uncomfortably stands straight, prompting Dunbar to continue what he has to say.

“You are a diligent fighter, you play your role here in the Hunters Guild well. But, uh- can’t help but notice people avoid ye, lookin’ at ya as too much a goody goody.-”

Quin unintentionally cuts Dunbar off.

“I’m alright with that sir, my duties come first. I care not for a popularity contest.”

“I wasn’t finished ya bum, I told ye I had advice not a statement. I’d never tell ye to work less hard, but perhaps ye need not….” Dunbar stumbles on his thoughts.

“need not?....” Quin implores

“Need not dress to impress. Ye a hunter, find something comfy and practical. The boys I’m sure can appreciate your hard work. But by Gods you dress like you should be on the royal court. It’s an unnecessary effort my friend and it sends off the worng message.”

Quin looks down in shame. Eyes darting left to right.

“Sorry sir, but this is how my people dress and I find preserving my Islander culture, is a personal duty of mine.”

Dunbar’s head kinked to the side.

“Lad, it just looks like fancy embroidery on any ol’ tunic to me. No one would guess this is foreign atti-“

Once again, Quin cuts Dunbar off- immediately irritating him.

“IT ISNT JUST ANY OL’ TUNIC. It’s made of felted equine hair, and the punctures of the embroidery hold much better on this material compared to other laise’ scraps!”

Immediately after finishing, Quin’s face shot of embarrassment, and a tinge of anxiety began to escalate in his chest as he took in Dunbar’s furrowed brows and half pursed lips.

“A small unheard of island is known for it’s horses and clothing made from?” Dunbar asks skeptically and condescendingly.

It is true Quin came from an island allegedly cut off from the rest of the world. Quin had traveled desperate to find new land, and while he was indeed successful, he had completely lost his way and has no idea how to return home. The lie however, was that his home island had anything to do with fine garments.

On the contrary, they although mentally civil had lacked any intellectual integrity of the cloth. Presently, the only thing that helps Quin not break down into depression of his home is the exquisite beauty of these foreign lands embroidery.

If he looks like he is dressing to impress a noble rather than a damned gaggle of brutes than so be it; perfect even! For it is those of nobility who have the most access to fine clothes and detailed embroidery, laced with real gold.

Getting the chance to catch their eye, work they way up the ranks and have access to finer materials and patterns they’d surely help the memories of home sting far less.

But…deep in Quin’s heart he does not realize that apart of his fascination comes from a secret desire…for his lover back home to someday wear the fantastical white and gold embroidered dresses of these lands. How beautiful she would wear them…finer than this lands Queen. Any hint of these thoughts, triggers moisture to pent up in Quin’s eye. So he shakes his head, grounds his feet and accepts that without progress- it’s just a fantasy.

"Earth to friggin' Quin" Dunbar draws him back to reality.

"Sorry, sir." Quin awkwardly bows down and takes leave- unintentionally leaving Dunbar skeptical of Quins honesty and priorities.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/16 20:03:57 )
This is a very fun looking activity.
I may join in if I'm allowed. C;

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/16 21:28:44 )

Of course you are allowed!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/16 22:21:26 )
Awesome. I'm also excited for this thread to get more participants! Writing contests of any sort are always fun to read. C;
Your example had a lot of personality.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/17 10:57:42 )
Can I still join? I know it's Friday )':
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/20 23:36:47 )

Oh wow this sounds super cool, I''ll definitely be doing this!
@nyuu: thanks for tagging me

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 17:48:30 )

Kcalb:
Can I still join? I know it's Friday )':
Yes, everyone can join throughout the entire week. I'll edit my initial post to reflect that more clearly.
Ya'll have today still!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 17:51:23 )

(Because of the miscommunication, I will keep this prompt up one more week. I really wanna see what you guys come up with!
All future prompts regardless of participation, will be changed every wednesday though.

@Dowan: Thanks a bunch! :)

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 18:29:07 )

@Millet: This looks like it could be fun. I do have a question, however. What time on Tuesday do the entries have to be submitted by to be considered for the prize? If there’s enough entries for that, that is.

Nevermore

Looking for RP Partners

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 19:35:36 )

@Quoth the raven: I'ma say 11pm Voltra time and will edit my post to say that, thanks!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/28 06:55:45 )

Now that I have a staff position @ Voltra, I am capable of upping the quality of the prize!
First post was updated to reflect that all winners throughout the month (1-5 potential people) will be entered in a raffle
to WIN the current months crate!!!

I hope this bigger prize will prompt people to participate!! :valsunglasses:

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/29 05:41:44 )

You mean like the "blackout" "10kposts" black and yellow banners Ive seen? :o

Could i comission someone to make those? I cant make tiny things

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.