Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Tapping into The Abyss

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 07:53:35 )
"Yeah, I do." Ash responded as he got closer to Aedan.

"The kid's still in his 'cocoon' stage." he told her. "Strictly speaking, they shouldn't be using their power as they are, as it risks breaking him, and sending them back." he went on.

"Obviously, if he dies, then that's that." he told her further.

"But I think there's a way to get them to retreat, while still keeping that boy alive." he continued.

"....unfortunately, it won't be pleasant to do." he then mumbled.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 07:55:20 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Aedan was silent for a moment.

"All right, I'll bite." she started.

"How do we get them to retreat without killin' the kid?" She asked.

"Since we've been requested to try and keep him alive if we can. If not, the kid he's involved with will understand, I think. He did attack her, so ... yeah. Regardless. Spill."

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 08:21:52 )
"They need to keep their presence inside him." Ash replied.

"If we continue to injure him, more and more of them will leak out." he told her.

"However, I will also need to pulse my own mana into him, in order to disrupt the flow that they have going INTO him." he then said further.

"If we can do that, then they will have no choice but to withdraw from him, lest they actually LOSE some of their presence, and have it severed from them." he continued.

"It's convoluted, and finicky, but it should allow him to survive this, at least."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 08:23:38 )

"Convoluted? I'll say." Aedan said with a shake of her head.

"So what am I to do? Ty's got the whole distracting and injuring him pretty solidly." She added.

"And you got the mana thing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 08:33:58 )
Ash shook his head.

"No, if you look, he's slashing at the tendrils." he told her.

"He can't get close to the kid's body." he said.

"I need you to actually get in there and start injuring that BODY." he continued.

"Anywhere you can find. Chest, back, legs, arms, just start making cuts." he went on.

"You'll need to do it when I start pulsing my mana into him... you think you can get close to the kid, with Ty distracting him as he is?" he asked, as Levi's body started to descend a little, from Ty's slashing at the 'tendril legs'.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 19:35:34 )

Aedan was silent, watching Ty for a few seconds.

"I can try." She stated.

"I"m good, but this may be a bit ... more than expected." She added after a moment or two

'Just the word and I'll get in there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 21:10:33 )
Ash sighed.

"Well, you'll have to try." he told her.

"This may be our only shot at saving this kid." he said.

"We mess this up, pretty sure killing him's the only option left." he finished.

"....no pressure or nothing." he then added.

With that, he concentrated on forming a special ball of mana in his hands, and narrowed his eyes as he watched the fight between Ty and 'Levi'.

Ty had managed to bring him/it back down to ground level, but he then suffered a full attack from all its tendrils.

"NOW!" Ash yelled to Aedan, as he fired the orb into the kid's back, which turned into a small but steady barrage of them.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 01:15:25 )

Aedan didn't hesitate. Once she was told to dive in there, she did.

She went in with all her everything, and managed to get a couple pretty good slices with her nails, which trailed to his side as she swung around to be in front of him. At least, she started to.

Until she felt a couple of the tendrils pierce her. One where her heart was, one through her head. She froze, knowing that one wrong move would result in her death, completely.

Nevermind the fact that the one in her head was stopping her anyway. She found, while aware of everything still, she couldn't feel anything for the moment. Probably due to wherever it had hit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 03:18:16 )
Whatever was inside Levi was flowing out more regularly now, and it was clear that the grasp that The Ancients had on him was waning... considerably. But it was still there.

"...YOU ARE FOOLISH..." they said to Aedan.

"WE ARE... WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN... YOU CANNOT STOP US..." they went on, just as Ash rushed in past Aedan, the orbs of mana having stopped.

"SHE can't..." he said, making a fist with his left hand, cloaking it with black fire mana. However, he then extended his index finger out, as the mana collected around it, and extended past it, like the blade of a small lance.

"But WE can." he finished, as a couple of tendrils pierced his chest. They barely missed his heart, however, and he pressed on. He then took his finger, and plunged it right into Levi's torso, around his lungs.

When he did, Aedan felt the tendrils that had pierced her weaken in strength considerably... as though they were starting to lose their solidity.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 04:04:39 )

It took a lot of effort, even after they weakened, but once they did, she tore the tendrils that had pierced her out, before staggering back, her senses trying to right themselves. That was so not something that had been pleasant, but at least it was a thing she could, in theory, handle. She didn't think it would kill her after the fact.

She survived through hell, after all.

She turned her attention to Levi, ASh,a dn Ty, wondering what was going on there,

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 04:31:39 )
Ty was off to the side, leaning against a wall. He looked slashed and pierced, like he'd been attacked by many clawed animals... and it seemed like he was fading fast.

But she knew not to be worried.

Ash, meanwhile, was bleeding from his wounds, but was still standing close to Levi.

"...YOU WOULD SACRIFICE HIM..." the voice said.

"I do all that is needed." Ash responded, before jerking his finger a little, and causing some black substance to be spat out of Levi's mouth.

"....YOU... YOUR DARKNESS IS... INTRIGUING..." the voice said further.

"YOU HAVE... NOT HEARD... THE LAST OF US." they finished.

It was then that Aedan saw the cloudiness in Levi's eyes disappear, before he slumped forward into Ash's arms, limp and still.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 04:38:40 )

Aedan was silent for a moment.

"Is he still alive?" She asked, glancing toward Ty. She didn't pay much attention to him, due to how she knew that he'd be fine.

"Seriously. He still alive?" She asked. "At least they're gone, regardless."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 04:57:32 )
"We need to work fast." Ash replied.

"Is he alive? Yes and no." he told her.

"My mana has some... unique interactions with the soul." he then said.

"He should technically be dead right now, but I've essentially encouraged his soul, spirit, and will to keep fighting for some more precious time." he continued.

"He needs medical attention, and he needs it NOW." he went on.

"We need to get him back to the Unit, STAT." he said further.

"And considering the variety of people that work there, it should be possible, whether I get emergency clearance to teleport in, or you know someone that can get him there."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 05:00:19 )

Aedan nodded before pulling her pohone out of her pocket and hitting speed dial for the one person that usually was available for quick immediate transport.

"Yo, Zeke." She started.

"Come to where I am, I know you can find me. We stopped the ancient vessel, adn the kid's gonna die without help." She added.

"Now make it snappy, will ya? I'd rather he didn't die."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 05:22:47 )
A few seconds later, close to 10, Zeke appeared in a column of light.

"Here." Ash told him, handing him Levi.

"The lungs are the big problem, but all his other injuries need tending to." he said further.

Zeke just nodded as he accepted the boy, before he disappeared with the patient.

"...so..." Ty said, not fully regenerated, but enough that he could stand on his own power. "The boy has lost a part of himself, and will never be the same?" he asked.

"Noooooooot necessarily." Ash responded.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 05:49:23 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before sighing.

"So what is the damage to the boy?" She asked after a moment, he voice curious. Ash just shrugged in resopnse.

"Depends on him." was the answer.

"Wait, what?" Aedan asked in response.

"Well, I basically severed their connection to his soul, and it's entirely dependant on him. If he wants to, has the will to, he'll be normal afterwards. IF he doesn't have a strong enough will, he won't. Can't say what will happen."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 06:18:49 )
"I didn't know that was possible." Tyson admitted.

"...neither did I." Ash admitted.

"Excuse me?" Ty asked.

"What I just did... call it... 'soul scalpel', I guess... came to me in a burst of inspiration." Ash told them. "I came up with the idea in wishing I could safely tear them away from his soul." he said further.

"...you belong to a very specialized organization, don't you?" Tyson then asked Ash.

"Yes." Ash informed him.

"Anyway, perhaps we should consider heading back to the unit, ourselves?" he then quickly suggested.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 06:21:11 )

AEdan just sighed lightly before nodding.

"Yeah... might be a good diea." She agreed.

'Considering I feel like I gotta get checked over for any remnants myself. I feel like that mana is crawling yunder my skin, and oh my freaking hell that is horrible." She commented with a shduder

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 06:43:22 )
"I know the feeling." Tyson said.

"I can check." Ash told them.

"See if it's anything to worry about." he went on.

"Because there might be some remnants, but there are a lot of factors to take in, regarding whether they should be removed, or if they will dissipate on their own." he said further.

"Dissipate?" Tyson asked.

"If it's small or weak enough, it will dissipate, as you are not proper vessels for The Ancient Ones." Ash explained.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 06:45:26 )

"All mana dissipates on it's own, if given the chance to." Aedan commented.

"But sure. Take a look." She added with a shrug.

"Gotta get this," she motioned to where she'd been pierced through, "stitched up anyway. So I gotta stop by the med wing regardless."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.