Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games The Witcher Series

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/7 21:34:07 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I just recently beat the Witcher 3, though am still cranking out all the side quests purely because I love it so much.
Starting to read the first book now too, to hopefully gain more context in the vast characters I met up with in the games.

What's your take on it?
Favorite/memorable mission?
Whatever, anything witcher!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXJludRC3Fk

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 10:24:29 )
I love the witcher series. Its probably one of the first games that just had way too much going on for me to even scratch its surface. It had a way of making linear seem not linear at all.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 17:12:47 )

@Glume: To me I wouldn't put it as a linear game for many reasons. (rather than it being an illusion of non linear)

There is many different endings, and your choices - as well as what order you choose to do quests in are a big impact on interactions throughout game/end game. The only constant goal that remains unchanged no matter what is "Find Ciri". But everything else you could be replaying and essentially have a whole different game experience. (ex. Who becomes ruler of Skellige). When I think of Linear I think of games that don't have story shifts or choice options and it's like walking in a straight tunnel with room only to get lost- rather than to discover something else.

Have you tried the Hearts of Stone/Blood & Wine DLC? (they're sooo good)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 23:10:42 )
@Millet: Ah, no you're totally right. I meant more like the lay of the land is linear, there's a lot of places you have to drudge around in to unlock other areas to drudge around in... USUALLY I get bored with that aspect of a game (open-world has me all spoiled) but I hardly noticed it because of all those beautiful features you mentioned. I think the latter games were much less world-linear than the first in the series, which is the one I played the most.
I must confess that while I have all of the witcher games, I haven't invested many hours into them or the DLC. They're the type of games I need to set aside time for, so I can get properly lost in it, and I just never have that kind of time anymore :( Maybe I should set myself tiny-goals and play it in spurts...
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 00:51:32 )

Due to my fangirlishness I have to insist you find time! The story is intricate and immersive. I don't think you'll regret it once you get going.

Even if you choose not to play the first two games and only play the third- I think you'll still enjoy and love it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 01:44:28 )
I've dabbled in the first two games but haven't finished them. I like them, but there are just so many buttons I forget how to play if I'm not constantly working on it. @_@

I did meet Geralt's voice actor...who is strangely soft-spoken and smiley and shy-seeming...and he signed my copy of Witcher 3. So that was really nice! The character seems so badass and like he'll just tell you how it is, but the voice actor gave a panel and talked mostly about his experience as an acting teacher and not really anything about the games. Still, he seemed like a really nice, friendly person.

I read some of the Witcher comics and they're awesome.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.