Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Looking for 1 x 1 RPs

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/15 06:28:27 )

@Lady Luna: I'm... rather terrible at explaining things, truth be told. However, if you're interested-
In the game's universe there are people with powers known as Conduits (or Bio-Terrorists, depending on who you're talking to). The public is aware of their existence and tends to fear them, though they are not without sympathizers.
Due to events in previous games, most Conduits are dead. The remaining ones are being hunted down by the D.U.P. (Department of Unified Protection), a government agency created specifically to arrest Conduits. (This organization is responsible for the term "Bio-Terrorist", by the way.)
Brooke Augustine, the game's antagonist, is director of the D.U.P. and a Conduit herself, with the power to manipulate concrete.
Delsin Rowe (the game's protagonist) butts heads with her several times, and reveals during their final confrontation that he "has figured out she staged the Conduit escape at Akomish to instill fear in the population and give the D.U.P. a reason to continue their regime."
Augustine responds by telling him that she was only doing what she had to to save the Conduits, even if it meant imprisoning them to protect them from the general population.

You go on to defeat her after that, and the ending can go one of two ways:

"If Delsin has good Karma, he spares Augustine and exposes her crimes to the world. She is arrested and the D.U.P. disbands. Delsin, Fetch and Eugene convince the humans that they can peacefully coexist with the Conduits. All of the imprisoned Conduits are freed. Delsin returns to the reservation and heals the tribe members, then paints a mural dedicated to Reggie.

If Delsin has evil Karma, he kills Augustine and, together with Fetch and Eugene, takes control of Seattle. He releases all of the imprisoned Conduits and absorbs their powers. Upon returning to the reservation, Delsin is met by a wheelchair-bound Betty who banishes him from the tribe for the killings in Seattle. Shocked and angered, Delsin destroys the entire reservation."

As for our story, maybe a better question I should have asked is if magic has been subjected to science. Not necessarily to explain how it works, but rather to ensure it's not fraudulent and is a phenomenon that, albeit unexplainable, can genuinely happen.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 02:31:50 )

@AutumnPumpkins: Damn, you sound like a dream. Pity I won't be active again until November. (You most likely will see me online, but I won't be able to respond much, if at all.)

Then there's the fact that it seems that I might not be cut out for this. I tend to enjoy world building a tad too much and it seems to put off people. (As in, I like knowing how everything works out before delving into the rp.) Not sure how you feel about that, so might as well be up front.

Also, I will probably have to change my response time. I like doing research, and though it depends how in depth I go with it, it might cause me to post only once a week.

If you still want to give this a go later on, please do let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the interest, and I'll probably read your roleplays on here if you do start up any, heh.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 02:40:58 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

@Quoth the Raven: If it's been subjected to science (if that works better for the story) the results are likely inconclusive. How the hell would you test that? lol.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 06:22:55 )

@Lady Luna: That's what I was wondering as well.
Anyway, at least now my curiosity is sated as to why most people wouldn't believe it exists.
By the way, what would you say is the percentage of the population that can use magic?

@AutumnPumpkins: It depends. What are your fandoms?

Nevermore

Looking for RP Partners

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/18 19:58:10 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

@Quoth the Raven: Percentage? Hmmm
Probably .... 20% or so. Give or take.

It's USUALLY in well establish bloodlines with it, but it can show up sporadically within others.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.