Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Looking for 1 x 1 RPs

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 20:10:48 )

Recently I've wanted to try getting back into writing, and I think roleplaying would be a good way to ease into it. Granted, I've only done it once or twice, and that was back in my early teens, but it shouldn't be too hard, right? Anyway, keeping my relative newness in mind, here is what I'm willing to do:

Genre: Modern Fantasy, Supernatural, Paranormal, Mystery, Crime, Action/Adventure, Magic
Gender: Male (but I can attempt a female if I absolutely have to)
Species: Human, Vampire, Siren, Werewolf, Demon, Mixed

Characters I’m most likely to portray include a vampiric siren named Jordan who so happens to hate rain; Christian, a recently turned vampire abandoned by his sire; and Adrian, a florist who can commune with the dead.

I do have a few other characters if these don’t fit into the setting we agree on; I’m willing to create new characters as well.

Regarding settings, I prefer original ones due to the fact that I haven't read or played anything where I feel like I've picked up a character well enough to portray them. There is one exception, though. (As in, I don't feel like I have a great grasp on their personalities, but I am extremely open to at least trying.)

Fandom: Overwatch
Characters I feel comfortable with: Reaper and Sombra
Characters I'd be willing to try: McCree, Hanzo, and Soldier: 76

Writing Style: For now I'll say that I'm willing to do a paragraph or two. That might change as I actually get to writing. I prefer a formal style, and will do my best to ensure I have proper spelling, punctuation, and a general grasp on grammar. Please note that I'm not asking the same of you, but at the same time, I would prefer if you'd at least write a small paragraph and not use text talk.

Posting Frequency: I'm able to get on everyday, and am willing to wait up to a week for a response. Just let me know what you're willing/able to do.

Before I forget, here's what I'm NOT willing to do: Romance

I think I covered everything, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'm looking forward to writing with you.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 16:42:29 )

Bumping this as it fell off the first page. Also went ahead and added the characters I'm most likely to roleplay as in my opening post.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 20:48:58 )
How active are you? I wouldn't mind doing a role play but I only rp with active people. If there is more than 4 days since a reply I will lose interest fast. I've had TOO many people start a rp with me and then just vanish(not just on this site but others). So yeah I'm a bit leary to start rps now a days.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 21:52:15 )

@Blair Elric: Overall, I'm not the most active poster (not very many threads catch my interest), but for those that do, I try to respond to any mentions/replies within a day or two. I tend to be online nearly every day, if not every. However, that is dependent on whether I'm busy or not in real life.
As for your concern regarding posting frequency, it is understandable, but rest assured that if something were to come up that wouldn't allow me to reply within 4 days, I would definitely let you know.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 22:21:12 )
@Quoth the Raven: Sweet! ^_^ Yeah I'm here everyday but just to do a few small things. I'm also off and on busy since I'm a mom and housewife. I try to post as much as I can but understand that others also have a life and are busy. I just get annoyed when people poof and don't say. I too will always say when I am busy or can't post. I like when people keep me in the know and I do the same as well. ^_^

So, down to it. I am in a vampire mood but don't have much of an idea on a story. I'm used to doing MxM rps as of late and would love a non romance one. Some thing with a bit of action sounds nice. ^_^

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 23:52:33 )

@Blair Elric: As I don't have any particular story ideas in mind, I think I'll look around for some prompts; I should get back to you with a few either later on tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully we can decide on something from those, or at least be inspired to make our own.
And vampires are definitely fine by me. I'll make some character profiles for the ones I mentioned in my opening post.
Lastly, thank you for giving me a chance. I was beginning to think I wouldn't find anyone to roleplay with, to be honest.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 00:03:14 )
@Quoth the Raven: Oh I know how you feel. I just have the one rp partner and I would love to have more but it's hard trying to find ones. I've been looking on here and just about gave up till I saw this, to be honest it was your username that drew me in, I'm a huge Poe fan. ^_^
Also for a bit of an idea I was thinking supernatural detectives, both our characters being vampires and detectives helping out the non human community . That way it can give us diff stories which can/will be the cease they work. I just kinda popping into my head just now. XD lol

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 01:31:10 )

@Blair Elric: It's always a pleasure to meet other fans of Poe. He's one of the few writers whose works I thoroughly enjoy. His writing is just so gratifying, it has me hooked from start to finish. What's your favorite piece of his, if you don't mind me asking?

As for your idea, I think it's an excellent one. Do you have a preference for the types of cases they would work? Personally, I would love a murder investigation, but I think tracking a missing person would be interesting as well.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 02:30:10 )
@Quoth the Raven: Well for one The Raven then it would be the Tale tell Heart then The Mask of the Red Death. ^_^ I have a book of his complete works and I have just about read the whole book. ^_~

Sweet! Well they can do both I think, but murder first for sure!! It's an easy way to keep the rp going for awhile. Also for character profiles do you like real pics or do mind anime ones? I'm good either way as I normally like to have a photo at least for my character as it helps me better get into character. :3

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 03:41:32 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

@Quoth the Raven: If we can come up with some sort of interesting idea, I'd be game to try and do a thread with ya!
I don't usually RP outside of my usual RP partner (Colin), and please don't base my style of replies off of those, if you've seen them
I largely match what I'm given. If you give me short posts like that, then I'll give you short posts like that
You give me better more meaty (so to speak) posts, you'll get better posts back.
Example: Dark Mana with Dowan. (I so wish that this thread could be revived. DX)
Like I said, gimme something to work off of, and I can give you plenty~<3 xss=removed> > I know it doesn't speak wonders for my writing abilities. Lol)

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 13:00:10 )

@Blair Elric: Ah, those are all excellent choices.  The Pit and the Pendulum is another story of his that I enjoy.
I also have a book of his complete works, but I tend to misplace it a lot, apparently.  Hopefully I can find it again.

Anyway, a murder it is, then.  How much of this are we going to plan out in advance, by the way?  Or are we just going to see where our characters take us from the start?  Forgive me, it has been an incredibly long time since I've collaborated with someone.

As for the character profiles pictures, I don't have a preference.  So whichever you think suits your character the most, I'm all for. Would you require images of my characters, by the way? I don't have art made for all of them, and I personally don't feel comfortable using other people's art that are representative of another character. I feel even more strongly so about photographs. So it would just be written descriptions for them.

@Lady Luna: What kind of plots are you generally interested in? And which characters do you prefer roleplaying as?

As for the length of our posts, personally I'm aiming for a paragraph or two, but that is subject to change as we actually get to writing.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 13:19:58 )
@Quoth the Raven: Oh I like that one as well. ^_^ My book is sitting on a shelf, I have like a tons of books and am picky about them. lol

Well we can play it by ear, with it being many cases we can just make up details as we go. Like one of us can play the boss to give out case details for the basics and just go from there. ^_~
Sweet! And no you don't need a pic, so long as I know what your character looks like in my heard is fine. Mostly hair and eye and skin color and how tall they are and body build, like extra thin or just average male build. Just the basics. I SUCK SUCK at art anymore and never have enough currency on any site to get art of my OCs so I use pics then make that character around the pic.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/9 17:52:01 )

@Quoth the Raven: Oh of course. All I require, really, is something that I can work with.
Even if it's just 1 paragraph of fluff to describe what's going on, thoughts, where they are, whatever, and a single line of text. As long as I can work off of it, it's all good.
I'm not a stickler for 'length'. I do like longer posts, but I despise novels unless they are a 'treat' because 'omg I so got an idea for this ,.. and the post kinda got away from me'. I like 'em in bursts. Reading that much all the time can be a pain, LOL.

As for characters. I seriously have a million characters I can choose from.
Although Erica is one that can manipulate the emotions of the average person. (Some are immune to it, of course. She's not perfect) Gets her into a lot of trouble, but I'm not entirely sure what kind of thread she could be thrown into aside from what she was conceived for.

But I do have a mountain of other characters. So if we could come up with a loose idea for a thre----

What about a modern day witch trials?
Our characters are out trying to find the cause and probably kill him (Or just beat him to the point of no recollection for what was going on?) because the pair of them (or just one? Whatever) are prime suspects for it, even if their names aren't on the 'list'... yet.
??

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 01:03:37 )

@Blair Elric: Alright, that's fine by me.

And I feel your pain. I was never particularly good at art, but I feel like whatever skill I had has deteriorated so much I'm definitely not in any hurry to try making portraits of my characters. I would love to commission artists I follow on social media, but not many are willing to work from a written description. Oh well, can't have it all.

Anyway, I think I'll be using my siren for this roleplay. (I keep saying siren, but for the purpose of this roleplay he will be considered a vampire.)

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 125 lbs
Eye Color: Grayish Blue
Hair Color: Black
Race: Mixed (Asian/White)
Nationality: American

About: Personality-wise, he's somewhat lofty. It’s not that he’s arrogant, but he feels a sort of disconnect from people.

He is a practicing witch and has a keen interest in toxicology.

Also, he hates the rain.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Speaking of which: To be clear, is this story essentially a modern setting with supernatural beings? As in, they live amongst humans, technology is a thing, etc?

@Lady Luna: You've piqued my interest. A similar scenario is playing out in Christian's story, where a rogue vampire is turning humans at an alarming rate. Although that in itself is cause for alarm, what's even more worrisome is that this vampire abandons those he has sired before they are able to fully bond. (In order for a bond to be successful, a human's body must first not reject the blood of their potential sire. If the transfer of blood is executed without any complications, then a mental link must be established, in which eye contact is crucial. This second step is what the rogue vampire is purposely omitting.) This leads to a city being run amok with beings that range from hysterical to furious as they seek a sire they can't recall, all the while trying to figure out what is happening to them. (To clarify, vampires whose bonds are broken will stop at nothing to complete it, but the longer it takes to do so, the more unstable and deranged they become.) Christian himself almost suffered this fate but another vampire took pity on him and essentially forged his own bond. Not many vampires will do this because even if the bond is, by definition, successful, since the blood of two different vampires now resides in the veins of the newly turned, they can't be easily controlled.
Ah, this is actually turning out longer than I planned it to be. What I was trying to get at is that Christian's new sire has been on the trail of this rogue vampire for some time now, but he's always been a step behind. Although he isn't personally being accused of these wrongdoings, he's still trying to uncover the truth.

Anyway, for our story, what do you propose to be the spark that ignites the powder keg, so to speak?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 01:10:28 )

@Quoth the Raven: That... definitely sounds like an interesting story. I'd read it.
Dunno if I could play a part in it and do well though, myself.

As for your question, hmm...
Good question.

Probably whomever is at the helm witnessed something 'unnatural' and rebelled against it or some shit. You know, the whole 'that's not natural. Let's purge 'em'. Kinda thing.
Even if it's just a magic show as a kid, and it stuck with them. So 'magic' is the bad thing, so to speak.

Admittedly, I haven't put THAT much thought into THAT. > >

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 14:07:40 )
@Quoth the Raven: Neat, like the guy. ^_^ And yeah modern and living with humans, but I'd say that it's not comfortable. Like the humans still don't trust the non humans all that well, kinda like the Netflix movie Bright.
I made an OOC so that we can talk more about things about the rp there, I also posted my character in there as well ^_~
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/4382/#425970
Back from the land of anime

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 01:45:27 )

@Lady Luna: Do you mind giving me a few days to mull over and expand on that scenario? The thing that I'm most hung up on at the moment is why our characters would be suspect.

@Blair Elric: Alright, thank you. I'll go ahead and switch over to that thread. I might as well post Jordan's info in there as well, while I'm at it.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/11 01:47:45 )

@Quoth the Raven: Sure thing =)
As for why one or both of our characters are suspected for being 'unnatural' could simply be because EVERYONE in the city is suspected. Lol.
Everyone gets checked. They haven't yet, therefore there's the suspicion.

Donator — Whatever Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/14 06:08:43 )

@Lady Luna: I've been busier than I expected to be, so I think it might be best to be bouncing ideas off of you instead.

When you first suggested a modern day witch trials, I was working under the assumption that you meant something public. That got me to thinking of the game Infamous: Second Son.

Before I continue, however, was I wrong in thinking that? How did you want to approach this? That our antagonist be covert, or that it be public knowledge that magic (to use your example) exists?

Nevermore

Looking for RP Partners

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/14 19:37:50 )

@Quoth the Raven: never played any of the infamous games. Lol.

And I figured that it's public knowledge, even though most people don't believe it exists. It'd be easy to have jt that there are people out there who, while they are told that it exists, are the type that need to see it to believe it... And they haven't seen it.

Beyond them, yeah. It's common knowledge.

Some people support/side with the magic, others call it a curse or a blight.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.