Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat (repurposing) So I made it alive

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 01:49:26 )
So my vacation has been postponed indefinitely. I have family in the hospital.
(Repurposing thread because I don't feel like making a new, I'm still on the topic of my vacation, and this was still on the first page.)

So I made it to my first destination alive, despite the best efforts of some really bad drivers. (I seriously almost got into 5 wrecks because people were being stupid.)
I'm actually at my great aunt's house. Since I had to pay a lot of cancelation fees from the first time I had planned this trip before the whole issue with my step dad happened, I don't have as much money for this as I had originally so I'm staying with family while I'm here before I go onto my next place. The thing is... I'm all the way out in the country on a farm. I do not plan on cleaning up after any of the animals, but I will pet them and love on them and tell them how wonderful they are. All of them are rescues too. My great aunt has a few horses, a donkey which she actually got as like a support animal to keep the horses company when they are feeling anxious, around 4 cats, and very old dog that it mostly deaf.
I was dead tired last night so even though I came in around 8pm and had time to pop on and say hi to everyone, I just had enough energy to chat a bit with my aunt and pass out in the guest room. I am glad she has wifi (I think it's actually faster than mine), but I am with family and family always comes first for me so I'll be coming on in short bursts. I actually have few adult cousins (second cousins/removed cousins?) that are supposed to be stopping by since they have been told I am in town and a lot of them have not seen me in like 14 years.
So anyone else on vacation/ going on vacation?

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 02:34:43 )
Is the family doing okay at least?
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 03:17:07 )
Not entirely sure. The doctors were still running tests. They say he'll definitely need surgery, but other than that we're still in the dark.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 04:08:40 )
@Faust Sheep: Sorry to hear about that, hope you're dong alright and that he'll be okay.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 17:13:45 )

Hope everything is alright.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 21:36:58 )

Oh my gosh that is awful! I hope that they will be ok. -hugs-

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/28 20:39:26 )
Brother was just picked up from my place so I can come on now that I'm not having to watch him. (I wouldn't have to watch him if he wasn't so oblivious to everything.)
So it wasn't as bad as the doctors were making it seem by being all secretive. Well, he was cutting it close, but he didn't need a major surgery. They just performed a simple one on my step dad. He'll also be able to drive tomorrow. So another person in the family doesn't have a gallbladder.

Since it didn't end up being so serious and has a high recovery rate, I can finally leave. My vacation now won't be as long and event filled as I originally planned and I won't be able to go to as many places also. I'm still packed from last time. (I never unpacked my suitcase.)

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 15:46:47 )
So first post has been updated and repurposed.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.