Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Children?

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 14:23:40 )
I really do not want children. Children are so much work. I do not have the energy or patience to raise kids. Kids are small people with less experience, big portions of their adult life depend on their caregivers' actions, and I don't think I will ever be ready for that responsibility. I don't hate kids even if I sometimes say I do. I just hate that I'm expected to adore them without any complaints, or that if I have qualms with kids I'm expected to "love and want them deep down anyway". My dentist once told me that I'd "change my mind" about kids and it took all my willpower not to bite her hand then and there. If I was ever going to have a kid, I would adopt them and I'd go for an older one. I'm talking teen or preteen. Even that sounds like too much for me, though. TL;DR, I don't hate kids I just don't like or want them. I want kids to have happy and healthy childhoods (as far away from me as possible).

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:32:53 )
I never want kids and haven't wanted kids since I was fourteen or even younger. I work with kids and I enjoy that.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 06:38:24 )
When I was in preschool, I was playing with my blocks.
They would let the small rugrats out of their pen to crawl around every now and then.
They would *always* knock over my block towers, and I could never build them as good as I had before.
I've disliked anyone younger than myself ever since.

Besides that silly story, I just don't find children cute. Especially babies.

Even if I didn't dislike kids, I could not properly care for one.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 13:49:46 )
I have two children, and that should say what I think about kids, but as for others, its none of my business if they want kids or not. IT is their lives not mine. I know there are times where things are tested and buttons pushed but thats how kids find out limits. its just how things are.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 01:38:25 )

"I never understood why people think if you have kids that you loose yourself, in fact you shouldn't loose yourself. I have a son and I have more so gained my identity then lost it. It is a myth to think once you become a mother, that is all you will be. Also, take into consideration we are all kids at heart.... We like kid things, we are on a site devoted to being a child at heart. Without them, you wouldn't have cool toys and shit lol... That's how I view it. Plus, it gives you a major excuse to actually go to places that generally only kids go and enjoy it without being looked at weird. lol... Don't get me wrong, I think it is a decision one makes personally.

From my experience, all kids are good including freerange kids.... Kids who are allowed to develop their own personality without boundaries... Though I would never do that to my son, he needs focus, some kids can thrive that way. I have seen a few kids who grew up being wonderful people. Its all about what's good for your kid. The reason some kids maybe bad is multiple reasons, but never judge a temper tantrum in a store or seeing a kid scream at the top of their lungs, for all you know they could have autism or just a bad day. It's not always easy handling situations like that and you can't just yell and smack the kid. A lot of parenting is actually understanding and patients figuring what is wrong. The mistake is assuming hitting and yelling work, they don't. The only way a child is raised completely wrong is if the parent doesn't take the time to learn their child and goes into them with every mistake. Its usually over bearing parents that end up being the problem or parents that completely neglect the child that is also the issue. Its the extremes that are at fault.

Becoming a parent does make you understand better the world around you and the misconception of having kids makes you loose yourself or your lack of freedom is wrong. It's having a good support system behind you and the willingness to just learn, patients etc.... "

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 07:40:59 )
I don't really have any feelings about kids in general, positive or negative. Some suck and some don't. I've probably disliked more kids than I've liked, but it was because they were brats, not because they were children. I don't like watching them for more than a short period of time and I won't change a diaper, but interacting with them doesn't cause me any distress under normal circumstances. I also don't really have any opinion on how many children people have. So long as you aren't being abusive, neglectful, or otherwise awful to your kids it's not my business. The idea of raising them sounds like the absolute worst fate in the universe for me though. I would do everything in my power to never have kids. Thankfully my boyfriend had a vasectomy earlier this year, so the possibility of it happening now is slim to none, and ever since he had the procedure I've felt a great sense of relief.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/26 03:44:49 )
I don't like children personally. I don't hate them. I rather not be around them if given a choice. I just feel awkward around them. A lot of women my age are having kids and they always want me to look at their baby pictures and gush over them. I have to force myself to be gushy because I don't want to hurt my friend's feelings. You give me a puppy or a kitten and I'll gush but a baby and you'll get a forced smile. Not sure why I'm this way, but I just am. I don't understand how some people really like being around them but I appreciate the fact that some people are meant to be great mothers.
If my husband and I ended up with a child I'd probably be ok with it and love it, but I wouldn't want to intentionally have one. I don't think I'd be the best mother and I wouldn't want to deprive a child of having a loving life/parent. I do have pcos and they say I'd need to have fertility treatment to have a child and everytime I go to the doctor they ask me when I want to do the treatment. I'm like I'm in my twenties still and have no plans for kids but thanks for offering. xD I rather me not be able to have children than someone else who'd love to be a mommy.

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 03:49:54 )
I don't care what other people want to do with their lives and their bodies, but I'm never having children. I hate them and people don't seem to understand I'm never changing my mind. My absolute dream is to be able to afford to get my tubes ties, and to find a doctor who would do that procedure on an unmarried woman with no children.

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/2 01:49:38 )
I've never really liked kids. I'm ok with babysitting and helping take care of kids but
I'd rather have pets lol. Not that I'm trying to compare the two but I feel its more of a preference.
Its a lot of responsibility to raise a kid and tbh I dont have the best health. There are genetics
I do not wish to pass on to a child so I lean more toward not wanting a child. IF for whatever reason I
decide that I want a child I'd probably adopt. I feel there are kids who deserve a loving home and not everyone
is so fortunate to have that chance.
But overall at this point in my life I don't think I ever want kids haha. I feel it wouldn't work out with my current lifestyle,
and I don't think I would be able to be financially stable enough in general.
Despite my opinion, someones choice to have kids or not is completely up to them and their choice to be respected.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.