Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Mythical Meetings and Demonic Dealings

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:00:54 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, I don't expect you to do so right here, right now." Hal assured him.

"You'll be taken to the department where you'll have all the tools and resources needed to do the physical repairs." he said.

"And the glamour is for a demonic contractor agent of mine, to hide her more... arachnid-like features." he went on, causing Blair to recall what Evan has said when the idea had taken hold of him.

"If you like, you can meet her and she can give you a more thorough explanation, and then you'll be taken to the department to see what you can do." he offered.

"She should be in the building currently."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:10:02 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Blair nodded.

"All right, yeah. That would make it much easier." He commented with a light laugh.

A couple of hours later, Anya made her way up to Hal's office, no glasses in sight. After being granted access into his office proper, she just smirked.

"got 'em." She said simply before handing them over, knowing he'd want to check the quality of the actual glasses.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:30:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal accepted the glasses and looked them over.

"...well, now." he said.

"Never would have guessed they'd been cracked." he commented. "Look as good as new, if not better than before." he said further, inspecting them all over, every nook and cranney.

"Spectacular craftsmanship, too." he went on.

"Well, that's half the battle." he said further.

"How are they for their intended purpose?" he asked.

"You generally have a feel for how good a glamour can be."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:34:26 )

Anya was silent for a moment before holding her hand out. Lemme put them on and we'll find out."[/b] She commented, and he handed them back.

She slid them onto her face, and he was able to watch as her features shifted slightly. Her fangs were gone, as were her extra eyes. The two that remained were just a rather pale blue, almost like the white rings she naturally had. Which was definitely better than before. Previously, her eyes had looked off, the sclera was darker than it should have been. However, with these ones, it seemed fine, perfectly normal.

"Seems pretty solid, from my position."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:52:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Already, they look like they're doing a better job than the previous glamour." Hal commented.

"Well, then." he said.

"It seems that Mister Cunningham's work is speaking for himself." he told her.

"However, how was he? How did he act around you, how did he treat you?" he asked her.

"And how did he seem to act around the others that worked there?" he asked further.

"His attitude and such is also a big part of this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 05:54:11 )

"Chatty and candid." Anya answered honestly.

"And by that, I mean that he was very chatty, inquisitive, and told it like it was." She added.

"was refreshing hearing from someone that the previous glamour - what he could tell from the remnants on these before - was shit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 06:19:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I've heard enough, then." Hal commented.

"Looks like he'll be joining the Glamour department ASAP." he said.

"...good thing, too. I was very concerned about finding someone quality to work there." he admitted. "Some of the products that are required are extremely high-level." he mumbled.

"Finding someone that does THAT level of quality is... well, to say 'difficult', would be an understatement." he went on.

"Seems like a genuinely nice boy." he said with a small smile.

"Just remember, he's taken." he then warned Anya with a smirk and a wink.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 06:23:42 )

"And gay." Anya commented with a laugh.

"Don't worry, I know." She added. "He's cute though." She paused a moment, seeming to think about it all before shrugging.

"anyway, good to know he'll be hanging around. Seems like a good kid, and damn the genuine interest instead of fear regarding, well, me, was refreshing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 06:43:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Really, now?" Hal asked.

"Now THAT is a plus." he said. "It's good that he wasn't scared of you, and seems to be willing to learn and make friends here." he continued.

"Regardless, now you can finish the negotiations with Vic." he then said further.

"So THAT'S a problem pushed out of the way." he went on.

"As for Blair, I'll need to speak with him about his new employment." he continued.

"Do you know where he happens to be?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 06:49:48 )

"I think he's headed off to talk with Dr. Kiczys." Anya answered.

"Something about grabbing a bite to eat and then heading home if there was no need for him to hang around." She added after a few seconds.

"So... if not in the medwing area, then likely the cafeteria."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:09:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response.

"Thank you." he replied.

With that, Anya left, and Hal pressed the button for the P.A. system.

"If there is a Blair Cunningham in the building, please make your way to my office as soon as you can." he said. "Again, Blair Cunningham, to Agent Sharp's office, at your closest convenience." he repeated.

Blair WAS still in the building, as he and Evan were just making their way TO the cafeteria. They stopped when they heard that, and Evan looked at Blair.

"Guess you're making a detour." he said.

"Want me to tag along, wait in the receptionist's lobby for you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:11:45 )

"Sure, if you wanna." Blair answered.

"We'll do food after." He added after a moment. "Most likely he just ... wants to touch base after the whole thing with Anya." he added after a few seconds.

"So... let's go." Was the last thing said before they turned and headed off toward Sharp's office, neither of them entirely sure what it was taht was to come next. Blair knew one thing, this was likely a make or break meeting, and he hoped it was good.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:31:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They made their way to the receptionist's area, and while Evan sat down in one of the chairs, Blair was beckoned to enter. He did, shutting the door behind him, and Sharp nodded once more upon seeing him.

"Hello again." he said.

"I could beat around the bush, lead you one way with words to surprise you wish the conclusion, make small chit-chat, but I'd rather get straight to the point." he reasoned.

"The work you did on those glasses was phenomenal, they look better than new." he said further.

"And Anya has said that not only is your glamour of top quality, you were a joy to work with." he continued.

"So, with that said, I would like to hire you on, full time, as a member of Glamour and Disguises." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 07:35:34 )

Blair just chuckled lightly.

"Not gonna lie, when I inititally saw her she freaked me out." He admitted after a moment or two.

"I've seen worse and weirder though." he added. "Just... took a second to get past the initial shock."

"Anyway, I'd love to accept. If only just because honestly? I do it on the side, but I would absolutely enjoy doing what I can officially. Better materials, and thus better quality." He said.

"Thank you, so much."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:00:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded again.

"Right." he said.

"Having said that, assuming you have the time, I would like to get started on the paperwork for hiring you." he told him. "Standard agreements, banking info, and other things." he continued.

"I'd like to have you start as soon as possible, which would be this coming Monday, provided we get the paperwork done now." he went on.

"Is that doable?" he asked.

"Or am I intruding on any plans?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:02:27 )

"Not at all." Blair said.

"Just... lemme poke my head out and let Evan know that I'm gonna take a bit." He then said.

"Sound good?" He asked. Once he agreed, the blonde got to his feet and did just that. He stepped out, let Evan know things were ok, he got the job, and he was going to do the initial paperwork, meaning he'd be busy for a little bit.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:23:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan just smiled as Blair told him all he did.

"Congratulations." he said.

"I knew you could do it." he told him.

"Now, you filling out the paperwork might take a bit of time." he continued. "And I only have so long for my lunch break." he reasoned.

"So how about we raincheck, and make it dinner tonight?" he suggested.

"We'll have something to be celebrating, after all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:26:56 )

"Done deal. I'll catch ya later, Evan. " Blair said simply before giving him a hug. After he was gone, Blair just made his way back into the office.

"All right. Let'sg et this done." He said with a chuckle.

"Because yeah, I got nothing in the way now."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 21:57:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Excellent." Sharp responded.

With that, they set to work. A bunch of different papers needed to be signed, filled in, initialed, everything. The banking info was given, Blair found out that his pay was certainly nothing to sniff at, and Sharp had told him that it would be sorted out by his first pay date.

It was all filled out, filed, and all that was left was for Sharp to get things finalised, which he said would be done by Monday. Overall, the entire process for the paperwork took a little over an hour.

"Ah! Yes." he then said, snapping his fingers.

"You'll need employee identification, which I will have done up before you leave today. Which is to say, within the next hour or so." he told him. "And let us not forget... your signing bonus." he finished with a smirk.

He then took out his chequebook, filled it in properly, tore it out of the booklet, and slid it over towards Blair. It was certainly what Blair would call a generous amount, to understate it. This place really took care of their employees, it seemed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.