Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 20:42:48 )
I haven't had an actual vacation since I graduated high school and that was five years ago. Nothing big like going out of the country, I can't afford that. I'll be leaving next week. I don't think I'll be bringing my computer and I don't really trust hotel wifi so I don't think I'll be on frequently while on vacation.

Probably going to try to find someone selling Rainbow Mesh before I go and finally change my avatar. And maybe Skunk Punk also. (I didn't get a lot of sleep last night though so I'm going to wait till tomorrow when I've got more time and some more sleep.)

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/18 03:39:23 )

@Faust Sheep: have fun! Try to check in once in a while to see if the event has started.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 17:57:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Some poor timing on part then. I wasn't aware there was event happening soon. I guess I will have to come on more frequently on my vacation than I had originally planned. One hotel though only has free wifi in the lobby so I might have to use my data for the time I'm in that hotel...

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 18:49:52 )

@Faust Sheep: Yeah try to make it only on your wifi and not your data lol
Where are you going?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 21:05:48 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm going a lot of places.
Virginia and DC and some other places. Sort of a cross country trip.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 21:28:26 )

@Faust Sheep: Oh those are really beautiful places. I went there for the first time last year and I LOVED it! The food is really good too.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 19:42:24 )
@Totalanimefan: I've never been to Virginian, but yeah DC has some pretty awesome parks. I saw most of the monuments on my eighth grade field trip, I don't even know how many years ago that was, so I am mainly going now for the food actually. There are some amazing food places.
Any suggestions?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:13:06 )

@Faust Sheep: yes I do! I loved the ramen at Camplins it’s a 30’s Black and white movie themed restaurant and bar. The ramen there is super legit.
Farmers and Distillery- my husband and I’s favorite place. Go there for breakfast when it’s not the weekend (they do an expensive brunch that we didn’t think was worth it). They have a real British Fry up. (My husband is British and he said it was legit). Their French toast was one of the best I’d ever had. We always went there with some friends for afternoon tea and coffee. We also tried their donuts there. I loved the tea and my husband said top 5 places for coffee. We are going back more than once. The location of this one is in Chinatown. By the Con Center.
Honeygrow- this is a smal chain that is from Philly. It’s super good. It’s like a make your own salad or noodles and everything is super fresh and tastes wonderful. They have one with crab in it for the summertime and it tastes great.
There are a few Nando’s which is great. It’s mostly chicken cooked on a grill with various spice levels. If you guys don’t like spicy, I wouldn’t go, but the food is great.
There are other restaurants I want to try in DC but I didn’t get a chance to last time. Most of the food is by the con center, since that is mostly there I was, but there are multiple Nando’s and Honeygrow restaurants.
I heard in Georgetown that Baked and Wired is really good. I hope that I have a chance to check it out.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 20:19:02 )
@Totalanimefan: I checked all those places out on google and they all look great. I think I might have to schedule another trip in the future so I can visit all of them. All of them are also pretty close to my hotel, within walking distance. I'm definitely going to check out Farmers and Distillery and Baked and Wired on this trip.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 06:47:15 )

@Faust Sheep: you have to let me know what you think about them!! I’m glad that you are staying near there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.