Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Shadowed Flame

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 22:02:36 )
"Well, it's nice to know you can relate." Jaden replied.

"But it's not nice that you can relate." he said further.

"If that made any sense." he added, sighing quietly.

"Anyway, thank you." he then said.

"For saving my life by making my attempt to run away actually good."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 22:04:55 )
Quiet! Lady Luna is speaking!- - - -
She just chuckled as he said what he did.

"Don't worry, it made complete sense." She assured him.

"Now here, eat up." she said before handing the spit over to him, so he could devour what was there.

"After you wat, we'll head to my home."

- - - -All right, she is finished. You may speak again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 22:15:50 )
Jaden accepted the spit, and looked at the food that was on it.

"...are you sure I can have this?" he asked.

She just nodded.

And that's when she saw him tear into the flesh, almost like a starving and crazed animal. He tore chunks of the meat off, strips of it, pulled it with his hands, and made it disappear in a little under 2 minutes.

"....." he was then silent when he finished, and looked at the woman.

"Uh... well... I... finished." he said sheepishly.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 01:06:30 )
"So I can see." she said with a laugh before holding a skin out to him. It was filled with what could easily be assumed to just be water.

"Here, wash it down." She said. She didn't know if he was aware of mana or not, so she was going to play it safe. Put him to sleep and mana them back to her place.

Was the easiest thing in her opinion.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 01:53:24 )
Jaden nodded.

"Okay." he replied.

He then grabbed the skin, and downed the majority of what was in there.

"...." he was then silent, as he handed it back to her, and then yawned.

"....tired..." he mumbled.

"So... very..." he murmured further, before he leaned forward some, and slumped down, clearly asleep.

Which was when the woman heard an approaching group of people... that did not sound friendly.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 02:14:50 )
She was silent before growling, grabbing Jaden, and making a hasty retreat. Or at least trying to.

The cold was getting in the way, and it seemed that Jaden was one wth mana, as it was interfering a bit, resulting in her not being able to flee as quickly as she'd intended. As a result, she'd taken an arrow to the shoulder.

"Dammit..." she growled before setting the trees around them ablaze, and vanishing within them.

The next thing that Jaden knew, he was waking up in a bed, there was blood on his clothing, and there was a distinct lack of people around him. He could hear soft voices from another room though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 02:47:46 )
When Jaden saw the blood on his clothing, he started to panic.

His pupils shrank, his eyes shook and quivered, and he felt his body shake as well.

"No..." he said.

"No... no, don't tell me, I..." he went on.

"Please... please tell me I didn't..." he begged quietly, as he got out of the bed, and looked around.

He didn't know what to do here. Where was he? Was he safe? Had he attacked the woman from before? Was that was the voices were talking about? Who WERE those voices?

He then shook his head, got up, and started to slowly and quietly make his way towards the voices, to at least hear what they were saying.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:00:46 )
"You shouldn't have done that, Demitra." He heard.

"And I mean that." the voice continued before he heard a sigh.

"Mother, I know. But dammit, I had to bring him back. I know I should have alerted you, I know I shouldn't have just up and done it, but dammit, I had to. I couldn't let a child starve or freeze." He heard the one that had brought him there say.

"I... know. But you took a poisoned arrow... I don't know if I can treat this, or if I can have Vincent show up quick enough to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:15:25 )
Jaden paused as he heard that.

'A poisoned arrow?' he thought.

He then recalled something from his past. Something he'd been taught. Something that he was told was something that those of his kind (sort of) could do.

He then gulped quietly, and started to make his way forward again. He continued to walk, until he was right around the corner from where the voices were.

He then took a deep breath, gathered his courage, and stepped out to see whomever was there.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:25:55 )
"I see you finally woke up." the woman that had brought him there said after he'd stepped into her line of sight. In the light, he could truly see what she looked like.

She had long dark red hair, and matching red eyes. Her skin was dark, but not as if it was naturally so. More as if she was one that got a lot of sun. She also had a very lithe figure, looking qquite small as she was sitting there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:39:02 )
Jaden nodded.

"Yeah... yeah, I did." he replied.

"Um... I... I heard that you had a problem." he said.

"A... a poisoned arrow." he went on.

"I think... I might be able to help." he told her.

"But... it... it requires a lot of trust in someone you just met."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:42:12 )
She was silent before the woman that was there, who looked to be taller, just sighed.

"Demitra, it's your choice." She said.

". . . If this gets out of hand, you'll help?" Demitra asked. The other woman nodded.

"Of course." She answered. Demitra then looked to Jaden.

"Do what you need to. This will kill me if not tended to quick."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 03:50:47 )
Jaden was silent, but nodded.

"Okay." he replied.

He then made his way closer towards her, and readied himself.

"I need to see the wound." he told her.

When she made it so that her wound was exposed, and close to him, he licked his lips nervously as he saw the blood trickling from the wound.

He then opened his mouth, baring the fangs within, and pierced the pre-existing wound. Once he did, he started to suck. Suck the blood out of her, as well as the poison.

And as he did, the other woman could see how he felt the taste... left something to be desired. Probably due to the poison.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 04:04:47 )
The other woman, who he hadn't actually looked at fully yet, watched what he did. She didn't stop him, didn't even look like she wanted to... but he could tyell she was on the ready to.

About when Demitra was starting to feel weaker than he'd expect (since it wasn't that much) she tapped him on the shoulder.

"Probably enough." She stated. Her voice was light. ?He could hear a couple things in her words. One was the concern for her daughter, the other was a silent threat for him if he did more than needed.

"If... if needed again... I'll let you know." Demitra then said, her voice quiet.

"Thank you." She added as her mother sighed.

"Because o the poison, you're going to feel like hell for a few days." The older woman said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 04:18:14 )
Jaden, sensing the veiled threat in the other woman's tone and words, released his teeth from the wound, and stepped back. He then collapsed to his ass, and covered his mouth with a hand.

"Oghluph..." he grunted almost fluidly, as he shook his head some.

"Ugh." he groaned.

"I feel... not so good." he said.

"I think I need to throw up." he then mumbled, before pausing a moment.

"...okay, maybe not." he corrected himself.

"But my stomach still feels volatile."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 04:34:51 )
"I think I have some Esper leaves." The older woman said as she stepped up to her daughter and started to wrap her shoulder.

"Those are good for helping vampires, or vampire adjacent beings, to clear out horrid things from their system." She then added, not sure if he knew what the leaves in question were. Essentially, they were a 'non-human aloe' style plant

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 05:01:19 )
Jaden thought for a moment.

"Oh... yeah, I've heard of those." he said.

"I've had them before when I was sick." he told her.

He then shook his head a little, and seemed to calm down... or at least, he was able to ignore his stomach.

"....is she okay?" he then asked.

"I didn't... go too far, did I?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 05:27:16 )
"I'm still awake. I'm still breathing." Demitra answered.

"I'll be fine." She added before getting to her feet.

"I'm heading outside though. Wanna just lay on the grass in the cool air." She then said before heading off.

"I'll go grab some. Do you prefer them in any specific way? Munch on the leaves themselves, mixed into a soup, a tea.... or anything really." The other woman said with a soft smile.

"Because... it's the least I can do for helping my daughter."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 05:41:55 )
"....tea." Jaden replied.

"I've either had it in tea, or just eaten the leaves on their own. And the tea always tastes better." he explained, before shakily getting to his feet.

"And she saved me." he then said.

"It's the least I can do." he reasoned.

"Um... this place is safe and hidden, right?" he then asked.

"Because... there's two groups after me." he mumbled.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 06:02:48 )
"Tea it is. I'll do that up for you." She said.

"And... two groups? She then asked after a moment, her voice curious and concerned.

"I mean... I can think of what one might be... but two?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.