Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Teachers Pet [Rhys × Shadami]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 13:30:05 )
This is a private 1×1 between myself and @Shadami: Feel free to read along, but please keep your paws off the pbutton unless you are one of us.

Warnings: possible mentions of abuse (physical and sexual); language; minors working in a strip club;

If any of these upset you, click away now.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 13:32:38 )
Kyrin Damien Jurelles
16/male/bi

His father walked out a few years ago, and his mum fell ill shortly after. Kyrin, the eldest of his siblings, is doing what he can to keep them together. He's been through dozens of jobs in the last two years, Fired from most of them for his attitude towards customers and coworkers. When his friend told him about a job at one of the clubs on the outskirts of town, he was a little wary at first- that area was known for the types of clubs it ran, and the people who hung out there. Desperate for the money, though, he went and got an interview, the boss hiring him on the spot. Supposedly felt Kyrin fit right in, and that his attitude would do him well there, as the boy would surely not let the customers get away with their usual behavior towards the staff, especially the dancers. Which he became, months after starting there as one of the servers.

He knows it's not a 'good' job, in the moral sense, but it pays well enough to keep a roof over his family's heads clothes on their backs, and food on the table. Plus he enjoys it- even if the late nights often cause him to fall asleep in the middle of class. The teachers, aware of some of his circumstances- father running off, mother unable to work- are willing to just leave him be, as he always gets his assignments done. All except for one...

Jessi-lyn Ariana Jurelles
13/female/??
(Hair is closer to the twins' color)

Jayden Theodore & Gabriel Hunter Jurelles
9/male/??

Camille Jurelles
3/female/??

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 18:05:40 )

Gideon James Gambit
Age 22

Gideon went straight from his high school graduation at seventeen to start college with an online summer program to get a head start on his degree. Four years later at 21 he had a teaching degree as well as a secondary degree in science, as that was the subject he had wanted to teach. Over the summer of the year he graduated he turned 22 and got a job as a science teacher in a high school.
The reason he had pushed to get a job so early and not have a childhood, or take his college years to act crazy was because he had to be responsible early. His parents needed him to be on his feet and taking care of himself as soon as possible because his uncle had a stroke and they needed to move so they could take care of him. His uncle was alone and had no one. If he wanted to stay living around his friends he needed to have a steady job that wasn't going to get pulled out from underneath him, that way he could afford a home to take care of himself. It worked really well as encouragement, but his friends all went in other directions, they didn't understand that he needed to be responsible.
He could have left, he could have enjoyed his childhood, he could have partied in college and taken his time. Now he had a job where the students didn't respect him because he was hardly older than they were. One of his students worried him. He always seemed to have his assignments done, but he was always tired and falling asleep in class. There had to be something that Gideon could do to help him out, but he was always brushed off. Undeterred as he continued teaching, he always kept an eye on Kyrin Jurelles, looking for an opportunity to try to help the boy. For whatever reason, he was reminded of himself. How he acted when his favorite uncle almost died and he wanted to shut off from the world. His math teacher had noticed and pulled him out of the slumps and he was going to return the favor to another person that seemed to need it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 13:07:09 )
Kyrin was at his desk, head propped in his hand. He was half asleep already when his teacher passed back the papers. Looking at it, he frowned softly and made a noise somewhere between a sigh and a groan, noticing the low grade and the note asking him to stay after. When the bell rang, he packed up his books but stayed in his seat.

He had had a long night at the club the night before, then had gotten home only to be up most of the rest of the night with his littlest sibling, Camille, who'd picked up a flu bug at preschool, and was supposed to be in early to help set up that night. All the wanted to do was go home and sleep, but he needed to speak with Mr. Gambit about his mark, and any possible way of boosting his grade.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/7 20:33:29 )

Gideon glanced over the students saying goodbye to those that called out, giving them his smile, but he was also keeping an eye out so make sure Kyrin didn't try to slip out. The poor boys grades kept slipping. He was smart enough to have high grades on everything, the work he turned in completed showed that much, but every once in awhile other papers and tests were turned in that were just terrifying because of the difference. Like some other student had filled it in instead. He nodded content when he saw Kyrin sitting in his desk waiting with what looked like it could be considered a scowl.

Well let's get this over with, he's probably just going to shoot the help down again. Gideon walked up to Kyrin's desk, "I know you're smart enough to be aware of why I asked you to stay after class today, but I'm going to say it again anyways. Your grades are slipping Kyrin, and you're falling asleep in class quite often. I am aware that things are tough for you but that's no reason to turn down help when it's offered to you. I can get you some extra credit assignments to help you boost your grade and help you after school if you're struggling with the problems. "

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/7 21:04:57 )
Kyrin sighed softly, rubbing his face with both hands for a moment before looking up at his teacher, remaining silent for a moment as he tried to figure out how to word everything that was happening, and just how much he could tell the man without getting in trouble.

Sighing again, he leaned back in his seat, head lolling back as his eyes shut. "I'd appreciate the extra credit work... and its not that I don't understand the work..." He replied, keeping his eyes shut. It made it easier for him to talk about everything when he could pretend there was no one listening. "It's everything else that's going on right now..." The teachers, at the beginning of each year, were made aware of his circumstances. They all knew about his father who'd run off, and his mum who was terminally ill and thus unable to work, leaving that responsibility to Kyrin, on top of his schoolwork and taking care of his siblings. Most of his teachers up til this point were willing to cut him a little slack because of it, and so had Mr. Gambit, for a while. Recently, however, things had gotten worse- CAS had been snooping around, his father calling and leaving hurtful, threatening messages at all hours of the day and night... And he was currently in danger of being evicted. With the way everything except his wages (and his grades) had been increasing, it was a tough decision to make whether he and his siblings would eat or have a roof over their heads most days.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/7 21:17:19 )

(CAS is.. the child protective services of some kind right?)

"Is there anything I can do to help with the everything else..."Gideon paused to try to word things right so that Kyrin wouldn't just run away and not accept help, "without having to tell me anything specific about your situation that you don't want known?" He fingered his wallet in his back pocket, knowing that Kyrin had younger siblings and a tough home life with is mother not working, and his father gone, he just wasn't aware of the entire situation. What would be needed in a situation like that. Money probably, whatever disability check or such that the family was getting from the government for the situation was very likely not enough.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 14:10:25 )
(CAS=children's aid society. Same thing basically.)

Kyrin gave a soft chuckle, shaking his head a bit. "I doubt it... unless you can somehow magically fit an extra eight hours into the day...?" He asked, knowing he couldn't. And he wasnt about to accept charity from his teacher. He didnt want or need anyones pity. Getting up, he grabbed his backpack. "I should get going... I need to pick up my siblings and get them home so I can get ready for work. I'll see you tomorrow, sir."

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 04:18:06 )

Gideon clenched his hand against the desk in frustration. No he couldn't help add another night hours into the day, everyone could use that but it just wasn't possible. He looked up in surprise when Kyrin shoulder his bag and started out. "It's Friday Kyrin. Get some rest this weekend, you need it. I will pull together some extra credit assignment you can work on. I know you understand the work, but the paper trail has to prove it."
He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. Maybe he could get some money to the family saying it was a treat for the siblings.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.