Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [IC][1x1] Roshan and Shadami

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 21:22:51 )
@Shadami:

Disclaimer: We do not own Harry Potter or the Harry Potter universe

Shadami:

It has been several generations since the great war has passed that the famous Boy who lived became a hero for. The muggle world is growing in it's scientific discoveries and more and more witches and wizards are being born from Muggle Families. The Ministry of Magic has spent the last year discussing the best ways to go about lifting the statue of secrecy that has been in place for hundreds of years. Should they do everything at once? Should they keep magical creatures secret still? How much should they reveal?
Though the pureblood argument isn't as strong as it once was, there are still many who hold out on the belief, as well as others holding on to the belief that wizards are superior and should keep themselves secret so that they are not threatened. But the majority of the world is getting ready to finally lift this ban.

The year is 2215 (a random future year picked) and the end of July letters to all eligible Wizards and Witches have gone out for first years to join, and new supplies letters sent to returning students. As an exciting bonus this year, several students from Ilvermony have agreed to attend Hogwarts for a year in an exchange student program, with the same number of students being selected from Hogwarts to attend Ilivermony! The Headmaster/mistress has decided to throw a Grand Feast, and Ball for Thanksgiving to make the exchange students comfortable and think of Hogwarts as another home. As such, dress robes have been included in the supplies list for the new year.

As this is the future, the way things run at Hogwarts has of course seen some changes. The major change from the time of the Chosen One is that classes have been reorganized so that teachers are not run ragged trying to teach more classes than they have time for and keep office hours, and all of their other duties.
This means that classes like Potions, Herbology, and Care of Magical Creatures have been split up into theory classes, and lab practice. In the theory classes, all houses attend one grand lecture, while they practice what they learn in a smaller classroom with just their own house. This way teachers can focus more on working with each individuals needs to provide the best education for the students of Hogwarts.

Exchange students may choose which Houses schedule that they would like to follow.

If a student knows what career path they would like to follow when they complete their schooling they can speak to their advisors to have special classes set up to teach them special skills that they might need for that career. These are optional classes that depending on who would be helping them learn, determines how many minimum numbers of students they need to have the classes happen.

Ollivander's, for example, is willing to teach wand lore to a single student meeting them at Hogsmeade on the Weekends.

If a student desires to teach in the future as another example they can help teach classes and labs as teacher helpers as long as their shedule is free for the time slots. These type of optional learning opportunities are often taken up by year seven students who are focusing on a certain subject as a major.

7-9:30 Am Breakfast is in the Great Hall
9:45-10:45 AM: Class Block One
11 Am - noon: Class Block Two
Noon-One : Lunch and Owl deliveries
1:15-2:15 PM: Class Block Three
2:30-3:30 PM: Class Block Four
3:45-4:45 Pm: Class Block Five
5-6 Pm: Class Block Six
6-8 Pm: Dinner
10 PM curfew, no students allowed in the halls

Year Two Schedule:
Class Block 1: Monday and Wednesday: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Tuesday and Thursday: History of Magic with Professor Harriet Dursley
Class Block 2: Monday: Theory of Potions
Tuesday and Thursday: Ancient Ruins
Wednesday and Friday: Muggle Studies
Class Block 3: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Charms
Tuesday and Thursday: Transfiguration
Class Block 4: Monday: Theory of Care of Magical Creatures
Gryffindors: Tuesday: Care of Magical Creatures Lab
Wednesday: Potions Lab
Friday: Herbology lab
Slytherins: Wednesday: Herbology lab
Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures Lab
Friday: Potions Lab
Ravenclaws: Tuesday: Potions Lab
Thursday: Herbology Lab
Friday: Care of Magical Creatures Lab
Hufflepuffs: Tuesday: Herbology Lab
Wednesday: Care of Magical Creatures Lab
Thursday: Potions Lab
Class Block 5: Monday: Theory of Herbology with Professor Neville Longbottom
Wednesday, and Friday: Divination
Tuesday and Thursday: Arithmancy
Class Block 6: Free Block

Midnight: Wednesday: Astronomy in the Tallest Tower

The above schedule includes all the base extra curriculum classes. If you are undecided in second year where you want to head career ise after school, all of these classes will be added to your schedule on top of the base classes: History of Magic, Defense against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, and Astronomy.

Teachers:
Year 1
Herbology Theory : The ghost of Neville Longbottom
Herbology Lab : year 7 Student/professor
History of Magic: Professor Harriet Dursley
Defense against the Dark Arts: Professor
Charms: Professor
Transfiguration: Professor
Potions Theory: Professor
Potions Lab: Year 7 Student/ professor
Flying: Professor
Astronomy: Professor + Year 7 student

Year 2 -3 additions:
Arithmancy: Professor
Muggle Studies: Professor
Care of Magical Creatures Theory: Professor
Care of Magical Creatures Lab: Year 7 Student/professor
Divination: Professor
Ancient Runes: Professor

Year 4-6 Changes
Care of Magical Creatures Lab: No year 7 student
Potions Lab: No year 7 student
Herbology Lab: No year 7 student
Astronomy: No year 7 student

Year 7 Changes:
NEWT Herbology: Professor
NEWT History of Magic: Professor
NEWT Defense against the Dark Arts: Professor
NEWT Charms: Professor
NEWT Transfiguration: Professor
NEWT Potions : Professor
NEWT Care of Magical Creatures
NEWT Arithmancy: Professor
NEWT Muggle Studies: Professor actual muggle ?
NEWT Divination: Professor
NEWT Ancient Runes: Professor

Other Staff:
Caretaker:
Janitor/Hall Monitor:
Nurse/Doctor:
Librarian:
Headmaster/mistress

Morgan Blackwolf
Male
13 years old.
Transfer student from Ilvermorny; house Thunderbird
Now in Hogwarts into house Ravenclaw

Dahlia Loveless
Female
13 years old
Hogwarts
house: Ravenclaw

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 00:25:52 )

(The Ping didn't go through. Silly thing. And i missed it somehow when i skimmed the RP thread the first time. I'm keeping my journal log here Journal Log link which is going to be helpful to keep track of all my Harry Potter Characters I come up with since I have so many at this point. Hehe. One sec and I'll put my characters here.)

placeholder until i draw him
Eighmey MacManus
Male
13 years old
Hogwarts 2nd Year
House: Gryffindor

Placeholder image until I draw her
Alexa Strauss
Female
12 years old
Hogwarts 2nd year
house: Slytherin

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 02:58:11 )
@Shadami

Well here it was. A brand new school year and a new school to go to. Morgan didn't know what to say or think as he sat in a empty cabin on the train. He listened to it clack down the track, the lady with the trolley was going down the corridor offering goodies to fellow Hogwarts students. The tan male stared out the window as he watched the world pass him by which was nothing like he expected or was used too.

It was odd and made his sick to his stomach having to transfer to a new school and be sorted to a new house where he knew no one and everyone knew everyone else and he clearly was going to be sticking out when he got there. He already stuck out in his blue and cranberry colored robes with the gold rope around his waist. it was a clear sign that he was not from Hogwarts but from a different school. for now he was lucky since everyone was busy spending time catching up with their friends from summer break so they had no time to ogle him and crowd and ask him a bunch of questions which he was thankful for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia traveled the length of the train, peering into each carriage to see if there was an empty seat for her to sit at, to enjoy the ride back to her second home; Hogwarts. She didn't have very many friends but she thoroughly enjoyed going to school and engaging with her fellow students as they learned to master their magical abilities. As the pale skinned female made her way to a vacant cabin she heard the rumors about a new student that was wearing a strange robe that clearly marked him as an outsider.

She gave a small smile to some first years that were piled into one cabin with a pile of candy and treats between them that they were trying to figure out how to divide it up as they talked about what houses that they could end up in and which one they would prefer to be in. She passed the cart, buying a drink and some snacks before she finally found a mostly empty cabin that held the strange male that everyone was talking about. She gave the male a smile and small nod as she took a seat across from him, they didn't say anything as she stared at him curiously and he just ignored her and stared out the window.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 03:41:40 )

Alexa levitated her trunk with the Leviosa spell and started to push it down the train looking for an open cabin, or at least some of her friends. Not that she had all that many yet. She had stuck hard to her studies in her first year and her aloof way of speaking tended to keep people at bay. She wasn't a mean person, she just came off that way to people who didn't understand her. With her friends all knowing other people better than they knew her, and being barely on time for the Hogwarts Express she was left wandering the corridors looking for a place to sit. She would hate to get stuck in one of the open sitting areas where there was no privacy, and she crossed her fingers than there would be a private cabin left open.

Cabin after cabin were passed as she saw them filled with upper classmen and her friends already had places with other people. She started to scowl that she would never find a place to sit, but finally she found a cabin with just two occupants and she threw open the door. "Would you be so kind as to spare a seat in here so that I can sit down? I'd hate to be stuck on the train wandering until we get all the way to Hogwarts." She brushed her loose copper bangs out of her eyes and tucked them behind her ears to get them out of her vision. Her hair was pulled up in its typical ponytail to keep it out of her way. Now that she'd got the question out of the way she looked over the person staring out the window of the train who was wearing some very unique robes. Slowly she shifted positions to lean against the doorframe as her trunk floated behind her. "You're one of the exchange students this year aren't you?"

Alexa was not in her school robes yet, and she was still wearing her day clothes that stood out quite a bit from what would be seen in Hogwarts. Black jeans that flared at the bottom, topped by a cute black and red plaid skirt with chains on it. Metal bangles dangled from both wrists, and butterfly wing earrings dangled from her ear lobes. Her top was a black tanktop underneath a white off the shoulder sweater. She probably looked like a cross between childish and intimidating. She tilted her head slightly as she waited for an answer, a smile on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eighmey MacManus lifted his trunk into the overhead racks in the common sitting area where a bunch of other Gryffindors was hanging out. He could have searched for a cabin but it was always so awkward unless it was empty, to begin with. In the common sitting area you could just plop down and it wasn't thought of as rude or weird, or strange in any way. So this is exactly what he did. He sat down in his seat under his trunk and brushed his hair down into his face. He had learned the previous year that Gryffindors were brave and chivalrous, and somehow despite not having those qualities, he was one.

He of course had changed into his robes as soon as he boarded the train. He didn't want anyone to notice his muggle clothing incase they questioned him again because of it. The Statute of Secrecy was a big thing on the minds of so many students since the Daily Prophet announced it as loudly as possible all the time, and everyone in this world seemed to rely on the news from the newspaper. What would happen when they found out about tvs and cellphones? Sliding earbuds out of the top of his robe he stuck one of them in his ear facing the window so that he could listen to some music and still keep an ear out incase anyone tried to sneak up on him. Yeah he was still a little nervous about heading back to Hogwarts. He clicked play and zoned out, staring out the window as the world flashed past.

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 04:52:37 )
@Shadami:

Morgan glanced at the pale female that entered, noticing the tattoo that she was sporting on one side of neck and shoulder, it piqued his curiosity but he didn't say anything as he turned his attention back out the window. It hadn't been long before another female opened the door, asking to join them. He ran a hand through his black hair turning his bright green eyes to her. He looked the female over, giving a small snort before he motioned to the vacant seats. "Have a seat. It isn't like we are going to kick you out." he said to her in a low voice that was a bit rough as if he hadn't spoke in a long while.

He looked back at the red head as she mentioned he being a transfer student, causing him to frown even more. "Yes....It wasn't really my choice to be a transfer student.. These things tend to happen though." he said after a bit, sighing as he turned his attention outside again, noting that they were going over some water, soon realizing that he was being rude. He turned his attention back to the girl after she was all settled into the cabin. "My name is Morgan and i come from America." though it wasn't like his accent didn't give away the fact that he was a foreigner. he shifted slightly before smiling and offering his hand to the two girls. ”Who might you two be?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dahlia smiled at the girl who asked to join them, nodding her head in agreement before she was drawn to the strange male who was the first to speak up out of the two of them. "Sure. You can join us. It doesn't seem like anyone else would like to join this little cabin anyways." Where her female counterpart was dressed like and edgy rocker skater girl, Dahlia on the other hand was dressed in a simple pale blue dress and simple flats as well. she tucked her pale blonde hair behind her shoulder. She looked towards Morgan as he was the first to introduce himself and explain he was from a completely different continent all together, she shook the offered hand. "My name is Dahlia. It is nice to met you." her voice was soft and small and would be hard to hear if it was far louder in the cabin, though her attention was soon turned else where when her small little sugar glider popped it's head out the hidden pocket on her dress to look around the area. A pink tint crossed her face before she attempted to hide the small creature from view, giving her companions a sheepish smile.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 13:21:52 )

With acknowledgment from both occupants, Alexa bounced into the cabin pulling her trunk behind her. She pushed it up into the luggage space and canceled the spell so that it would fall into place. The house elves would take care of it when they got to the Hogsmeade stop by Hogwarts. "Perfect thanks!" She plopped into a seat, "I'd be excited to be chosen for the exchange program. You get to travel and meet new people, probably for free all in the name of education." She waited patiently as the two introduced themselves and than shook the offered hand of the foreign exchange student. "Nice to meet you Morgan, my name is Alexa, I'm going to be a famous Quidditch player one day." She turned to Dahlia when she introduced herself. "Ah yeah! I remember you. You're a second year like me right? Sorry we never talked much, I was very focused on my studies and doing extra training with the school brooms. I'm hoping to make the Quidditch team this year." Of course she was looking at Dhalia still when a little head popped out of the pocket in the girl's dress. "Now who is that?!" She exclaimed brightly. "That looked far to small to be a cat, owl, or toad. I don't know how I would sneak in a pet like that. I doubt they'd let me have my own butterfly terrarium. Butterflies need a ton of space and as big as Hogwarts is they act like there is no space at all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eighmey opened his bag that he had slid some things to entertain himself on the train into for the long ride to Hogwarts. He ignored the sandwhich his mother had made him and pulled out his new History of Magic textbook. It was one of his favorite classes. He'd heard rumors that there was an old professor that floated around the school somewhere who used to teach the class but he hadn't seen him in his entire first year. Now it was taught by someone very much alive, and they brought the history of magic to life. It was an amazing class, and an amazing history. Who knew that the magical world had been alive for thousands of years right under the noses of muggles everywhere and with such fantastic stories! Slowly he turned page after page as he began reading from the front cover. Music playing in his ears as a background noise to read to.

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 22:11:28 )
@Shadami: xxxxxx

Morgan smiled at seeing the little creature himself, it was something that he was used to seeing as his school was a bit more lenient with what type of animal they can have to deliver messages. For example his was a pomsky wolf mix that was hidden above him in the luggage rack which was watching them all so very intently at the moment. "Yes, that is all very exciting but you are also leaving everyone you know behind and your home to finish school in a completely different place. Luckily we speak the same language so I do not have to worry about that barrier but that still does not change the fact that this is all new to me and for a lot of people it is extremely hard to make new friends." He actually smiled a bit more letting his bright green eyes rest on the red head, chuckling asshe spoke about her dream to be the best Quidditch player ever. "I am not good at Quidditch but I do want to do something with magical creatures." he said to her, being part native american meant that he rather do something that brought him a lot closer to nature and magical creatures always fascinated him. "Why don't you use something to create a pocket space and turn it into a terrarium? that way the school wouldn't have to know about it and it would be your own personal place." he suggested to her, after all he rather liked the idea of a butterfly terrarium, maybe the school would consider it one day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh umm....this is Artemis.And it is okay that we didn't talk much...I have been focusing on my own studies during last year myself." Dahlia gave a small laugh, it was hard for her to admit but she had avoided making friends since everyone seemed to only want to talk to her and interact because of the fact that she was half Veela and she didn't want to make friends like that. She stroked the albino sugar glider's head, offering it a piece of fruit before it ducked back into her pocket. "Art is a sugar glider and they sleep during the day normally so it is kind of easy to hide him. Maybe you could make a small butterfly terrarium instead of a super large one." she agreed with what Morgan said but she was hoping that a smaller one that was kept in a lantern that you could shrink down and go inside to check it out would be far better than a very large one that could get them all into trouble.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/7 15:38:13 )

"Oh yeah, I guess that would be a real bummer, but hopefully you can make a bunch of friends here. She plopped down on the seat next to Dahlia as she spoke, finishing her responses to Morgan before she addressed Artemis. "I'll be starting Care of Magical Creatures this year and I predict that I'm going to be awful at it. You should help me during theory class, I'll probably need it. " She titled her head in thought. "Do you know what house schedule you're going to be following?"

She turned to Dhalia to respond to her comment, "Well perhaps this year we can change that. Second year can't be all that much different than first year and I'm sure we'll be able to manage our studies easier now that we aren't lost all the time getting around the castle." She brushed her hair over one shoulder and listened to their suggestions of how to get a butterfly terrarium. "I'll have to study on how to do those. I've never done that kind of magic yet."

Donator — He/She Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/8 05:35:46 )
@Shadami: hey pinging you here

"Maybe....I will have to be sorted into a new house....how does the sorting even work here?"[b] Morgan asked the girl as he shifted once more, smiling as he finally feeling better about the situation that he was in now that he has met two nice people who weren't avoiding him or upset over the fact that he was different from them. [b]"Sure I could help you with it but I am kind of a natural with animals since I am half Native American. Not sure if I will be much help." he said to her before laughing as his pomsky wolf mix came out from his hiding place to make himself known. "Oh um this is Artic he is a Pomeranian, husky, wolf mix. We been together since practically birth." he smiled as he scratched the canine's head as he took his place next to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maybe we can change that. Right though I suppose that one of us should show Mister Morgan here around so he doesn't get lost. Dahlia laughed before grinning at seeing the dog come out of hiding, reaching out to ruffle his fur before moving to stand up. She stretched and moved towards the compartment door. "Well at least look into it. Anyways I am going to go find the tea trolley and get us some drinks and snacks so I shall be back!" she called to them with a smile and a wave before darting out the door, leaving them both alone. She knew that at this moment the trolley would be in the common sitting area so that is where she headed.
Questing: !

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/17 12:21:20 )

"Oh it's usually a first year thing, stick a hat on your head it reads your deepest darkest desires or something and than yells out to the school what house you're in. I'm sure that because you're a guest you'll get to choose, or perhaps the teachers will have you do it in private." She fidgeted with some Bangles that were on her arm as she spoke, her eyes ocassionally checking out the ceiling as she though about what might happen. "You'll see when the first years do it, we had to last year."
Alexa chuckled at Arric and leaned forward offering her hand to sniff and than scratched him under the chin. "He's a beauty."
She sat back again as Morgan stood up, "Oh it we both could! We could be a friend gang wandering the halls and completely not getting in trouble ever." She grinned brightly. As long as they didn't go anywhere not allowed, "I bet there are even some really cool places that we didn't find in our first year." As Morgan mentioned the cart though Alexa scrambled for her pocket and pulled out some coins. "Oh, grab me some shocolate frogs please."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eighmey looked up startled as he got tapped on the shoulder and he jumped as he yanked his headset off. "Anything off the trolley dear?" He took a deep breath to get past his fright and started to shake his head no but though better of it. "Maybe just a cinnamon bite please." He felt his stomach growl at the smell of the nearly normal pastry. The big difference was that the cinnamon seemed to bite back with each bite of the delicious gooey bread. It was like pop rocks in your mouth. He pulled out his wizard coins and shifted them around trying to find the right amount.He hadn't exactly spent much time studying non muggle money the year before.

(Sorry it took so long... Life you know?)

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.