Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports Weird Login Hoodoo

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 17:27:14 )

I'm having a SIMILAR issue to okios when they posted about two months ago;
I'll type my username and password for my mule, Juggy, into the Voltra login, then when it refreshes and logs me in, I'm on my main account? It does this fairly regularly, at least every other day or so, since I made my mule. I have different passwords for my main account and my mule, so I'm slightly confused as to HOW I'm being logged in on my main when I've entered the -COMPLETELY DIFFERENT- login information for my mule...??? O__o Halp?

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 17:33:21 )
@Fade: I'm positive it has to do with the url. There are two different ones www.voltra.us and voltra.us. You'll notice if you are logged in then go to voltra.us, it'll appear you're logged out, but if you go to, say, www.voltra.us/forums, you should still be logged in.

Are you clicking sign-out before logging into your mule/other account when switching between the two?

To avoid all this buggy-ness I'd say use another browser for your mule OR ctrl+shift+n for incognito mode on chrome.

We haven't been able to fix this issue yet, but we are aware of it. :vanora_smile:

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 18:11:10 )

@Fozzy: I've noticed the URL issue, and I don't have any issues with that.
And yes, I am clicking sign out before trying to switch between my two accounts.
BTW, your avatar looks fantastic. :D

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 18:15:05 )
@Fade: Well, shoot. We'll try our best to try and figure out what's causing this!
And thank you! :bernard_happy:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 18:30:44 )

@Fozzy: Awesome, thanks Fozzy! c: And you're very welcome~

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 18:38:53 )
@Fade: and
@Fozzy: sorry for the ping. But I thought I'd mention this.

This account uses a diff browser from my main, BUT I have had the exact same issue while trying to log into patreon. So it's not something that is just here.

I have no idea the reason or issue, but... As was said.
Diff browsers or incognito would be your best bet for the alt account. At least for the immediate future, if only just because it's annoying otherwise. Lol. (like... Really annoying at that. When you can't log in, it's almost infuriating, I find)
110k // 225k volts.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 20:14:02 )
have either of you tried clearing your cache so it don't happen?

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 22:23:51 )

@Unicorn: Yep, tried clearing the cache/history/cookies/EVERYTHING and it's still happening. :<
@Lunakiri: Good to know that I'm not the only one. XP

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 22:26:44 )
@Fade: what windows do you have, and what internet do you use?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 22:48:26 )
honestly caedon has the same issue, and it's becoming a pet peeve to login 2x.

i think it has to with the url like fozzy said.
can't voltra.us be redirected to https://www.voltra.us?

example:
i type in gaiaonline.com and get redirected to https://www.gaiaonline.com. Gaia doesn't seem to have this login problem.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/2 02:19:02 )

I've taken a look at the routing and everything, and honestly can't figure out why it's logging you into your other account; my only guess is cookies, but if you cleared those and it's still happening, I just don't know. oTL
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 01:44:50 )
@Fade: I'm unsure if this has anything to do with it but have you tried clearing saved passwords could be flicking to your last logged in account so you think you are logging into your alt but in reality you just logged back Into to your main.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/3 23:10:25 )
Does Voltra use IP address things when logging in? If the server is looking at this and mismatching...?

We had a sorta similar problem at work where the server cache was looking at a bad variable and sticking you in the wrong account.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 06:04:06 )
@fade: has the issue been solved? if it has please let me know and I'll lock the Topic
relocated to Death c:

Donator — Cactus Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 15:00:42 )

@Chaos: I haven't had any issues lately, so I'm assuming it has been. c: Feel free to lock the topic. Thanks~
Fade on Solia/Fadeykins on Sapherna
Please PING me so I'll see your response <3
Juggy is my mule~

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 15:12:20 )

Locking this on request

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.