Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Yeh so I am without a job

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 10:34:59 )

My employment agency let my contract expire because I was at home with back problems. And they obviously don't want people who got sick because of work. I am actualy pissed because my back problems where caused by work. And they have taken zero responsibility. About 3-4 weeks back they said they would make an appointment with the company doctor. But at that point they already knew that was not possible anymore. They just didn't tell me because they wanted my contract to expire.

Anyway already searching online for new jobs but so far it is :( I haven't found anything yet that I can even apply for. Gonne visit some other employment agency's either today or tomorrow.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 11:02:54 )

@Q t e a p o n: In my country it is legal to let a contract expire. Doesn't matter what the reason is. I work on a monthly base. So each month your contract will continue if nothing is wrong. However when you get sick they are allowed to let it expire. I most likely could get back when I am better but with they way they treated me I don't want to work for that employment agency anymore.

Yes I have visited my own doctor. I have a a light scoliosis which makes my back more vulnerable. I could go to the gym and strengthen my back but it's no guarantee that I will never get back problems again. So I definitly want a lighter job.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 11:20:42 )
@vengeance: I hope this is a blessing in disguise. Each time I've had to leave a job for whatever reason, I always ended up happier on the other end. Perhaps the same will happen for you. I'll send positive vibes your way.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 11:46:07 )

@vengeance: the AH is always looking for people

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:17:14 )

@vengeance: also go to the UWV. They can help you find a job you can do with your back and help pay for things your new boss has to change.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:17:39 )

@Tuijp: I am 29. I am way to old. They only want 16 years old who can't do shit. At one point they had a cashier at my ah who could't even do math.

@Q t e a p o n: we have a swimming pool in our city. But it is an expensive one. Physiotherapy is also good. But I am not insured for that.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:21:01 )

@Tuijp: They contacted me yesterday. They told me I should just look for less physical work. Well easier said then done. I don't have a drivers license so I am depended on the OV.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:34:24 )

@vengeance: there are enough times to 16 year olds can't work
The UWV can help you find one. You'll have to see one of their doctors and then they can find out what you can and what you can't do.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:45:00 )

@Tuijp: I was going to apply at the Jumbo a while back. They where looking for someone who was available to work the whole week. So I turn in my application, does the person who handels it say "It is only for weekend work". Like that is such BS. She just saw my age and was like nop to old.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 12:53:15 )

@vengeance: yeah i heard Jumbo is pretty bad
Got something else for you: click

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 13:08:12 )

@Tuijp: I applied there and got rejected. I have no experience in retail so they found better candidates.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 13:09:45 )

The bastards...
Hope you will find something soon

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/29 20:13:38 )
@vengeance: I'm so sorry to hear that! :vanora_sad:
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 02:58:57 )

Can’t they get in trouble for not treating you properly?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.