Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Ace Attorney? Ace Attorney!

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 19:32:09 )

Hello there people! Here I am wanting to share a sort of guilty passion of mine, the Ace Attorney games! I've got this 3ds from someone a few years ago and coincidentally, it had the trilogy already installed. I figured it didn't hurt to give it a chance and here i am now, in the middle of dual destinies after using an emulator to play Apollo and Miles's investigations games on mobile (inb4 theyre android games now, i know, but theyre oh so damn expensive ;-; )

This is the 7th, so last game Im playing because a few months or so, i installed Justice for All and didn't actually play much but came back a couple of weeks ago and finished it, only to find out i got the order wrong. So here I am playing dual destinies last like a fool.

Tbh one thing that really gets me all the time (and especially now since the case im in is all ~traditionally Japanese~ is their idea of localisation. Why? Just why? Nothing, nothing makes sense if everything happens in the US (inb4 Kansas)

How did you get into ace attorney? Did you first play it on the DS? What's your favourite game/character? What about the least favourite?
Did you play the miles games? I found them really charming, personally. I thought it was rlly not cool of them to just translate one like why??
I always go for the edgy ones, so Miles was always my first pick. I also Adore Franziska, esp for her attitude lmao
I absolutely loathed godot but I guess id like him more now? He was really a handful in court smh
Von karma is the default hate magnet so im not even going there
I never mingle with the fandom and especially not the fandoms on social media so i dont really know what's what. Here, its just the whole 1k of us lmao

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 08:29:37 )

I've never played any of the Ace Attorney games, but I am fond of a sketch video that was made using the game's assets. It always did seem like an interesting and fun game, refreshing in terms of genre o:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 17:06:50 )
@Vii:
Oohhh, what game? :vanora_shock:

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 18:18:33 )
omg i looooove ace attorney.
I first came into contact eith its awesomeness with the very first installment playing on a gameboy advance emulator.
So gooooood. TT
I don't have a 3ds so I've not had any success following up on the most recent stuff (like the collab with Professor Layton series). Now that things are converting to mobile maybe I will have a chance.

I really liked Dad phoenix in the game with The Yatagarasu. XD But it's been a while so I can hardly remember any details. Oh and Godot is pure coffee awesome.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 22:03:44 )
@Eruca: you can play everything but the two (three with the Layton one i haven't played??) On mobile with a DS simulator
Other than that, ppl rlly seem to love LPs for some reason so im p sure there are lots of those around ;v;

Do you ship anyone with anyone? :vanora_smirk:
I havent watched the anime (yet) but ive heard ppl were disappointed. Have you checked it out?

also i ventured a lil into the fandomland and ;A;

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 01:17:03 )
@Kcalb: This game isn't super grindy, so I'd rather play it for real than watch an LP. :P I actually think I HAVE played everything except for the Layton collab. But idk. I'll look into it.

I ship edgeworth and phoenix. *^* O(of many)TP
My memory fails me about the other characters.
I haven't seen the anime, but I saw the live action movie. It was. ok. The games are better. lmao obviously.

I've not actually ventured into the fandom land at all. What are the fruits of your discoveries?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 10:27:38 )
@Eruca: people arguing about how white the characters arent, everyone is trans and that combination of meme and edginess that tumblr is famous for
i havent checked twitter or any other social media but tbh i feel its better i dont

ohh, well thats far, its rlly good it wasnt a disaster like most game movies but i suppose bc it was made in japan?
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 01:01:58 )
@Kcalb: LOL that sounds so tumblr. tumblr is enough.
I also feel like how white the characters are and how trans they are won't change how I feel about all the characters. Guess that's why it's fun.

Well that movie was made by the same director (and producers maybe) as the kenshin movies. And the Kenshin movies were great. As a childhood fan, I really enjoyed them. But I feel like for Ace Attorney, it was too soon. I feel like live action made it feel too far from the actual games, but it also was too cosplay/cartoon-y for a standalone movie. (It didn't help that I recognized a lot of the lead actors. lol) So the fact that it was japanese made really saved it because the cultural taste was there.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.