Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Summer '18 Plasma Orbs Feedback Thread

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 17:09:58 )

Summer '18 Plasma Orbs (RIGs)

Hey Volties!

Your feedback on crates is really helpful so we want to extend that to our Plasma Orb sets! Your feedback will help us rethink how we design and create these items.

This season's Plasma Orbs are:

Common Plasma Orb

x6 Dual Toned Hairs / very common
Snuggle Bunny / common
Squid Ink / common
Corvid Couture / common
Ellie / common

Ryou Plasma Orb

Ryou / rarest
Skunk Punk / rare
Hopper / uncommon
Snuggle Bunny / common
Squid Ink / common

Alicorn Plasma Orb

Alicorn / rarest
Sky Master / rare
D.J. FURocious / uncommon
Corvid Couture / common
Ellie / common

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Quote the next post for this template we put together for you to use.

x6 Dual Toned Hairs
★✩✩✩✩

Snuggle Bunny
★✩✩✩✩

Squid Ink
★✩✩✩✩

Corvid Couture
★✩✩✩✩

Ellie
★✩✩✩✩

Ryou
★✩✩✩✩

Skunk Punk
★✩✩✩✩

Hopper
★✩✩✩✩

Alicorn
★✩✩✩✩

Sky Master
★✩✩✩✩

D.J. FURocious
★✩✩✩✩

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 17:19:34 )

x6 Dual Toned Hairs
★✩✩✩✩

Snuggle Bunny
★✩✩✩✩

Squid Ink
★✩✩✩✩

Corvid Couture
★✩✩✩✩

Ellie
★✩✩✩✩

Ryou
★✩✩✩✩

Skunk Punk
★✩✩✩✩

Hopper
★✩✩✩✩

Alicorn
★✩✩✩✩

Sky Master
★✩✩✩✩

D.J. FURocious
★✩✩✩✩

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 19:58:32 )
So, I'm not sure if this is where i leave this thought..

But I noticed on the Alicorn we have all three hair colors on black in white version. And only one color and ombre in the other two. Is there a reason for this? Is it possible to add red and the other blue toned hair to the other sets?

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 20:29:59 )
@Bone Wench: we will not be making any additions to the already released sets. These decisions were made by our artists. We do hope to release a dye system in the future so eventually you can recolor the hair how ever you please. This thread is for feedback on current sets to give us a better idea on how we develop our future sets. :bernard_happy:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 22:15:59 )
Fozzy:

x6 Dual Toned Hairs
5/5

Snuggle Bunny
3/5

Squid Ink
2/5

Corvid Couture
4/5

Ellie
2/5

Ryou
5/5

Skunk Punk
5/5

Hopper
4/5

Alicorn
5/5

Sky Master
5/5

D.J. FURocious
5/5

Here is my vote, sooo hope I did that right XD LOL
Back from the land of anime

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 02:34:59 )
Fozzy:

x6 Dual Toned Hairs
★★★★✩
Okay whoever have the idea of this is really smart
It give more depth to the commons that we already have
Would love to see this developed not to just hairs in the future, but other commons as well <33

Snuggle Bunny
★★★✩✩
Probably not my cup of tea, but the carrot pillow is really amazing
Maybe one of my favourite handheld items in the site for now.
The bunny ears are cute as well kinda more variations from the commons we have.
The top tho in the other hand is really weird, it doesnt cover the whole body, so its really weird in the crotch area.. In the chest area, its also cut really weird in the armpit area.. Making the whole clothes looks 2D for me.
But it might look good if comboed with another commons tho to cover the weird parts.

Squid Ink
★★★✩✩
Okay the brush is also one of my favourite handheld item on the site so far. The top is also a killer
The hat on the other hand is weird xD
Mostly its because of the tentacle like thing lol
Its really odd for me, its weird as a hair, and if we use a hair on top of it, the hair kinda cut the tentacle hair thing really weird when equipped
I would totally love this set 10 times better if we get an additional pose without the tentacle like thing on the hat xD

Corvid Couture
★★★★★
Probably not my cup of tea, but this deserve to be higher tier than the common of the orbs tbh. Its a really amazing set
The headband is a clear standout for me, and i have no problem at all with the rest of the set

Ellie
★★★✩✩
Once again, probably not my cup of tea as well, and the handheld item is probably one of my favourite handheld item on the site.
The balloons is a clear standout for me
I kinda wish for the top part to be separated as different pose..
the shirt, the outer shirt and the pants, instead of just combined them as 1 pose.

Ryou
★★★★✩
Okay i might sound really harsh on this xD
Mainly because one of the pose is like really amazing, while the other part is ehh..
If i were to rate this per pose, i would give the holding dragon pose a 100/5, it is just that amazing for me.
5/5 for the horns, didnt really fit as part of the set.. But as an individual item its really amazing, the attention to detail is just perfect
I would give the dragon on the side a 3/5, is it just me or its just a copy paste from the holding the dragon pose? xD
the dragon itself is amazing, but the placing & the pose of the dragon is really odd for me.. Its kinda detach to the overall avatar, Imagine a dragon standing on the shoulder breathing fire? That would be wayyy cooler

Now to the bad part, the rest of the pose gonna be a 1/5 for me
Personally i dont think the hair & eyes need to be there. It just isnt unique enough and doesnt really fit the set, would be better as a common for me. If you are planning to add facial feature & hair to a rare set, make sure that it is really unique... Sweetcakes/Alicorn would be a good example of a hair which are fine to be in a rare set
Maybe if you insist on a hair & eyes for the set.. You could make the eyes include a tattoo pattern under the eyes area or something
Maybe take the pattern from the shirt part
The hair maybe would be nicer if you give like a hair with a lot of ornamental stuff? Kinda like what a chinese royalty female hair looks like?

Personally i think you guys are too focused on making the whole set can be wear together at the same time, and the holding the dragon pose kinda cover the whole body already.. it doesnt have to..
You can make poses like dragon tattoo? Or idk anything

Skunk Punk
★★★★★
This is the set which i think the whole part is just perfect
Definitely 1 of my favourite item on the site far
didnt really have any critique on this sorry xD

Hopper
★★★✩✩
Not my cup of tea xD
While the coat part is amazing
The rest of the set itself kinda look odd for me
The ears are bent in a weird place, the legs looks wriggly xD
The facials are unique tho, which is quite good

Alicorn
★★★★★
The hairs are amazing
The wings are amazing
The headwings are amazing
The horn & the tunic are a bit plain, but still amazing

Sky Master
★★★✩✩
The sword gonna be a 5/5 for me
The eyepatch kinda overshadowed a bit by the eyepatch we have from the victorious captain set
The coat is awesome tho <3
The boots is the part that looks a bit odd for me, maybe beacuse it looks like it have heels on it? XD

D.J. FURocious
★★★★★
Gonna be the same as the skunk, this is a set which have a good balance on it, i love every part of it and i dont really have much of a critique on it sorry

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/27 14:22:35 )

Instead of telling you about the items. I would like to give my feedback about the Rig itself.
Could there please only be one RIG for Volts and one for Ohms. Having more than one is confusing.
And sorry if I didn’t explain myself well. I’ve been traveling for a long while and I’m very tired.
I editted this post to make myself a little clearer.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 05:59:40 )
I actually really like how it is set up. I do get that it is indeed expensive, but honestly the only real change I would make is to have some items be rarer than other in the common orb. I think that the items shared between the orbs should be rarer in the volt orb, because I already have as ton off freakiing Ellies and squid inks, corvid cotures and snuggle bunnies, from opening alicorn and ryu orbs, I don't want them from the common one too. It's just flooding the market. But I LOOOOVE that you guys did hair recolors. If the common orbs only had uinique recolors of commons I would be really happy about that,

Fozzy:

like I said would be nice to have drops adjusted
x6 Dual Toned Hairs
★★★★★

Snuggle Bunny
★★★✩✩
tad generic but it's a common item so I shouldn't expect more. We just have SO MANY rabbit ears on this site something different would have been nice. Like pugs. Or space. Or aliens. Oooh or fairies. Not only do we already have rabbits ears in vyc's shop, but we just came off an event that gave us 2 more rabbit ears...

Squid Ink
★★★★✩
I think this item is really cute and I adore the sweater. The hat looks like of like patrick form spongebob though who is not a squid and that kind of throws me off. Maybe it's a personal thing XD

Corvid Couture
★★★★★
I really like this item, was not expecting a flapper kind of thing, very original

Ellie
★★✩✩✩
I'm sorry I just don't care for this item. But I think it is entirely personal tastes and not because the quality of the item

Ryou
★★★★★
Such a well made beautiful and cute item, very much of rare quality <3

Skunk Punk
★★★★★
I dig iiiit

Hopper
★★★✩✩
again more bunny ears. Also the eyes are positioned really high on the face. All three stars in this go to the body mods!! They are amazing, both of them! And I used to not like the legs mods on here, so much imporvement in such a short time is very impressive.

Alicorn
★★★★✩
I LOVE IT! Honestly the only reason a star is empty is only cos the need for more color options <333

Sky Master
★★★✩✩
I love the eyes but I wish there was a pose option to have 2 eyes of the same color at once. To wear the eyes and another pose would require 2 of a rare item

D.J. FURocious
★★★★★
This item is so rad and I like it SO MUCH

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 06:08:17 )
@Totalanimefan: not really, by splitting it into 2 orbs, it actually help you in getting all of the item
Lets just say after opening a certain number of orbs, you are missing an alicorn.
with the current system you just need to open alicorn orb which have 5 kind of item in it
But if you combine the orbs, you need to open an orb with like 10 kind of item in it... Which gonna make it harder to obtain the alicorn

Like @Luffer Nutter: just said, its the common one that i have issues in xD
Since yeah those who already open the premium orbs kinda dont really want to get the rare of the common orb..
And those who dont buy premium orbs dont really feel the need to buy common orb to get the rare one, since they can just buy it from another user cheaper than the common orb itself lol

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/30 02:51:50 )

@Raxton: I get you. That is a positive.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.