Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Plasma Orbs Suggestion

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 10:03:42 )
Okay i love the items & the idea of it
I would like to make some suggestion tho,

1. Would it be possible that the common orb got it own rare that isnt on the ohms only orbs
The rare doesnt have to be as high quality as the ohms only one..
Just make it exclusive on that orb, giving more of a reason to spend volts / ohms on it?
I mean its kinda weird that the rare at the common orb is the common one at the ohms only orbs..
So that people who bought the ohms only orbs are actually targeting the hairs lol

2. Is it possible to get an additional pose for the orb itself?
I would love the orb pose without the "+" in it, or a floating orb? xD

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 10:07:52 )
Well the hairs are exclusive to the common orb, but I would like if they had their own rarity scale as well.

Also I would love if the ombre styles in the future had a black and white chromatic option(maybe could be used as a future rare forbthat orb?) as it is easier to match >3>

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 11:12:19 )
Yeahh making one of the hair to be the rare of the common orbs is actually a better choice imo
Rather than making the common of the ohms only one as the rare hahhaha xD

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 14:32:33 )
Thanks for the feedback!

I can say I based item rarity off the 3 RIGs together and not each individual RIG. The scale goes:

Very Common
Common
Uncommon
Rare
Rarest/Very Rare

And that's a good estimate for how many of each item will be floating around/available in the market.

The Common Orb is a way for those who cant donate to get premium RIG content, while still keeping the Value in the Premium Orbs for those who have the choice to support the site.

So the Orbs are like a ladder (a very short one haha) going from Very Common to Very Rare.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention ~ right now it's not possible to add more than 1 pose for the Orb itself. So if you all don't like the plus, that can be removed from the actual pose. It's on the thumbnail to show that it's a premium orb is all.

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 15:34:18 )
Yeahh but like i said before, the common orb become pointless actually..
Not many people gonna realize it now since it is quite new,
But i m sure people will not buy the common orb as much in the future.

Mainly because people are actually selling the common items from the premium orb for less than the price of the common orb.

So for someone who cant donate, trading with another user is actually a much better way to get a premium rig item than playing the common orb itself.

All of that makes the hairs to be what people actually buying the common orb for, not the premium rig in it.
And you guys kinda put them as the most easy to drop, which makes it less of a reason to buy more of the common orb

Which actually gonna make the common premium orb item could be more common than the common in the common orb xD

Just saying that people got a reason to keep buying the premium orb, But not much a reason to keep buying the common orb

I think it would be different if 1 of the items in common orb are actually rarer than the premium item in the common orb
People would keep buying for more orbs to get it
Both of those who use volts / ohms

But its all up to you guys tho.. :)

--

I would personally love if the + got removed from the equipable orb pose
But thats also kinda a good point to make it different from the common one
So yeahh its up to you guys too i guess xD

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 06:55:40 )
@fozzy:

yess I would love to equip he orb but that + sign ruins it, I would't even be mad if the drops for the common orbs weren't changed if I could happily equip the other orbs XD

I love so much this idea of a gold sink, but I think that it would be much more effective if the rarity scale for it was adjusted. Maybe even make certain hair styles rarer than the other. Because Raxton is right, I bought 2 common orbs from the shop before quickly realizing I could get the items cheaper on the exchange. And the less rare ones I would get an abundance of from opening the other orbs. I totally get wanted to give users who can't donate a chance at preium items, but users who can't donate also have quite easy access to those items in the exchange for volts yanno?

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/28 16:21:01 )
I have a few ideas in mind to make these adjustments and especially the gold sink more effective with our future RIGs. I was more so giving the users who can't donate the ability to gain premium sets without having to search the market place, but we can at least readjust the drop rate.

I'm pretty happy with how this first run has turned out, but I am even more excited to improve the RIG system with the release of the Fall '18 orbs at the end of August.

Thank you guys for the valuable feedback! :bernard_happy:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.