Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What the heck am I supposed to do all day?!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 14:51:30 )
So, until recently, I've been employed as a manager, sometimes pulling over 8 hours a day with no weekends. My daily routine was usually wake up, go as hard as I can, eat, crash, repeat.
Now, due to the fact that literally everyone I've ever worked for wronged me in some way
(job 1:I was threatened with being fired and then stalked at home for defending an employees state rights. job 2: Got promised, trained for and worked as the manager of a department for a full month before they put someone else in charge claiming they "had no idea I even wanted the job, you must have forgotten to apply" job 3: got pulled into the office daily for some ripe new BS after making it known I wanted to be in management again, when I asked what I was doing wrong and why people who were late and people who quit got hired into management when I was doing all their jobs and kept getting moved from department to department... I got told it was because of my cleavage. I told them I thought my cleavage was fine since I worked in a back room with no ventilation surrounded by women. I was then told I looked like I was selling it. Yep, my boss called me a prostitute.)
I have had to take a part-time job in the evening as a housekeeper. yay. But like... I have ALL THIS FREE TIME NOW.
I mean, I have no problem filling the day with art and movies, but I'm getting very sick of being in my house all day. I need an outside activity! Now... due to my narcolepsy I pretty much travel by foot, so "going for a walk" seems less like an fun activity and more like something I just have to do to get to that fun activity. What do people even do during the day!? I like... want to be social but in a non-committal way. I want to do... things... but I hate sports. All my usual going out activities are night-time based and usually cost money which I do not have. Am I too picky to have fun?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 15:11:06 )
Maybe try crafting? It can be social if you join clubs etc.

Your previous managers sound so dodgy :o surely that last one is grounds for sexual harassment?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 15:19:11 )
Yep, I'd say so. Ooh, I forgot to mention the actual last one who let me only have one delivery driver half the time during the busiest holiday, wouldn't let me call anyone to repair our chocolate freezer (we ONLY sold chocolate covered fruit, it was kind of important.) and then called me after I had somehow pulled it off after 3 sixteen-hour days in a row on the first day off I was allowed to give myself in two weeks to say "the owners don't think you can handle the job". She demoted me, cut my pay, then tried to send me to a store she knew I could not get to because of my disability. When I told her I couldn't make it to the location she took it as me quitting without notice. lololo.... I'm so over being in management. If thats how it makes you treat people I'm so ok with cleaning toilets for a living.
I suppose crafting could be fun. I could go find some edgy granny knitting circle and we could make blankets for all my metal head friends <3

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 16:53:42 )

Hm, I would say to get involved maybe at a book club? See what your library has to offer besides books, you can walk to there, I hope?
The other would be to enjoy a meal in the park. I always like doing that.

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 17:47:26 )
I usually play Overwatch.. being social with people in the comfort of being in my room uvu
Please ping me!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 17:59:37 )
@Totalanimefan: I should totally find a group of people who like to read about gore, chaos and communism. WHERE YOU AT PEEPS?

@Milkii: I dig MMO's but the general public is a pain to play with. Maybe I need to join about 10 more dungeons and dragons groups.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:08:34 )

@Glume: What about looking for a local DnD group? There are some near me. I see them at my board game nights.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:09:54 )
@Totalanimefan: Perhaps there are some lonely losers needing to fill their days like me. Imma have to go to a game store and MEET ACTUAL HUMANS. This sounds fun.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:11:04 )

@Glume: Yup, that’s what I did lol

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:42:00 )
@Totalanimefan: I just worry, because I already have an amazing DM on saturday nights... what if anyone else I find is complete rubbish?
Man, I started to design my own world to RP in SO MANY TIMES and failed to follow through...

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:45:58 )

@Glume: Ah I see. I didn’t know that you were already apart of a group. Maybe to a library you will go instead lol

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:53:57 )
@Totalanimefan: I mean, I suppose I could play a non D&D game. I like card games and anything that involves creativity. I could probably even like... start my own group to do a thing. I am a natural leader, and I'd be able to be selective in the crazy I surround myself with XD

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:54:44 )

@Glume: There are a ton of good board games!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:55:53 )

I’m off to eat lunch, I’ll talk to you later.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:56:17 )
@Totalanimefan: I need to get to browsing then! Thanks for the input, have fun!

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 19:01:02 )
Try your hand at different types of crafting, sculpting, etc until you find something you enjoy. I guarantee there's a group of people even if on the internet who love it as much as you do and they can make some great friends!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 19:04:05 )
@artits: I can make ALL THE THINGS. Or... I used to be able to. I was very crafty as a teen and sort of stopped once I had to learn how to pay bills and whatnot. I feel so much older than I am :D

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 19:09:53 )
@Glume: Perfect time to get back in the saddle ;u; you can even be super thrifty and make it a personal challenge lol

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 19:13:47 )
@artits: I used to work in a thrift store that is literally right down the block from me. I was made for this!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 19:14:36 )
@Glume: YOU GOT THIS :vanora_xd:

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.