Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 00:51:15 )

So, today was my last day at work for a while. The owners are selling the place, and the new owners are closing the place down for renovations. It's not 100% guaranteed that I'll have a job at the end of it all, but the new guy said he wanted to keep me and a couple others, so here's to hoping.

I was outside taking a break with one of my fellow coworkers, a woman in her 60s named Red. Since I started working there we've kind of bonded; we have a lot in common and get along really well. We finish our smoke and she says, "I want to give you something." And gives me this cute little woven trinket case, which I open to find a pair of earrings she'd worn earlier in the week, and I'd commented on them.

Guise. Those earrings belonged to her grandmother. I was like "holy cow, dude, are you sure?" and with tears in her eyes, said she really wanted me to have them. I honestly felt kind of bad taking them but at the same time, I'm so touched that she entrusted me with something that is so old and has such sentimental value. Q-Q I'm going to miss everyone while we're closed (especially if not everyone comes back) but Red is among those I'll miss the most.

I've been looking forward to this little vacation for a while now, but leaving today felt so...surreal. I'm eager to see the changes the new owners make, but I'm also just like...wow... that's another chapter of my life closed.

We're all planning a bowling party here soon, which will be fun. 8D

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 01:32:26 )

Awe. That was sweet of her. My coworker/boss is a really nice older lady. She's a lil shit, but so am i lmao.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 01:56:57 )

@Sassifrass: Ayyyeee takes one to know one amirite? xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 02:10:49 )

@Vii: Basically. I was shy when i first started working. But then in the fall when people were starting college/ going back to college my job does this thing called the "back to college" event. (im a sample lady for a grocery store lol) but like for the college events we travel the state for a night. And i was still fairly new at the job for the college events. But we warmed up once we found out we all had a thing for black men lmao
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.