Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing the Future

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 21:25:23 )
He sighed as he looked at the selection of handwear before him, perusing the various gloves and such. He looked at his own fraying grey thin wool gloves, and shook his head.

"Guess I have no choice." he said.

He then looked at a pair of black leather gloves, and grabbed them off the rack.

"Suppose I should upgrade. Be somewhat fashionable, at least." he said further, before looking at the full-length mirror that was off to his side.

His slender build hid just how strong he was. He didn't show any muscle build, but the muscles he DID have were impressive. He focused on pink muscle building. His short hair was jet black with white stripes throughout it, and his eyes were a solid grey. His blue jeans were faded a the knees, which went with his black t-shirt with the logo for his favourite band on it; Skül-Fyre, and his dirty white sneakers.

"......." he was then silent, before looking at the black leather gloves again.

"Then again, might be a bit too much. Too conspicuous..." he mumbled, putting them back... and then grabbing them again. "Or not. I need something more durable." he reasoned.

He then paid for the gloves, and walked out of the store, looking around.

"Guess I should get back to sch-" he started to say, before he heard a commotion close by. He looked in the direction of the noises, just to see someone duck into the nearest alley, with people chasing after them, saying things like 'get her' and 'don't let her get away', and other such things along those lines.

"....and that alley's a dead end..." he mumbled, deciding to follow those that had run into the alley, and investigate.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 22:57:10 )

She dove into the alley, the cloak she wore billowing out behind her as she did so. At one point, her cloak caught on some trash, but she did care. She just let it come off as she continued down the alley.

Until she hit the end though. That was where she stopped and cursed before turning around. Only to see the search party behind her, to put it nicely.

"I have done nothing to you, so why do you insist on following me so?" She asked, her voice soft, almost to the point of being barely legible as it carried on the wind.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 23:18:10 )
The ones that had been pursuing her snarled when she asked what she did.

"You know why." one replied.

"It's only a matter of time." another said.

"We need to stop the problem before it spreads." yet another growled. "We can't let your kind continue to infest this world." they added.

They continued to encroach on her, as several of them brandished weapons... knives, pipes, that sort of thing.

"Any last words, freak?" one asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 23:19:56 )

She just sighed.

"Sure." She said.

"Sure thing. You can do whatever you want, I suppose." She paused here.

"But then you'll just be sending an innocent girl to the grave. You really think that'll rest well on your consciences?" She asked.

"Because... I really don't want to die." She finished with.

Agian... She thoguht with a mental sigh as she feigned fear.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/12 23:43:05 )
"INNOCENT!?" one of them spat.

"You are FAR from innocent!" they growled.

"You and your kind are a disease! One that needs to be irradicated!" they hollered further.

"That so?" a new voice asked from behind them, at the opening of the alley.

"Care to elaborate on 'her kind'?" he asked, starting to take his gloves off.

"Just want to know how serious to get with this."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 02:29:05 )

"My kind?" She asked, her voice confused as someone else stepped into the area. She was silent as he asked his question and said what he did.

"As he said, please elaborate. For I am unsure as to what it is that you mean. If you mean properly raised, then I assure you, we are quite a threat to you and ... ahem... your kind." She then said.

"If you mean those that have sanity, again, we are most certainly a threat." She paused here.

"I am unsure as to what else you may mean though. So please, elaborate for us."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 02:58:30 )
Once again, the person growled.

"Damn mutants!" they said.

"You're all a pox on-" he started to say, before the one that arrived just sighed.

"I was afraid of that." he muttered.

"Very well." he said, putting on the pair of gloves he had just bought.

"Looks like I don't need to get serious." he concluded, before picking up a medium-sized rock, and throwing it at the mob, hitting one of them upside the head.

"You wanna fight? Then let's fight." he said, taking an attack stance.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 03:01:26 )

She was silent.

"Hey!" She called to the one that had thrown the rock before darting past the crowd and getting in between them.

"As much as they may deserve it, do you really feel like stooping down to their level?" She asked seriously.

"There is nothing there. Do you really want to follow them into that pit of despair?" She wasn't so much trying to defend the ones that were chasing her down. Instead she was trying to avoid more trouble coming to the one that had stepped up to try and save her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 03:31:29 )
The one that had intervened just sighed.

"Mm." he muttered.

"Whatever." he said.

"What!?" one of the mob members yelled.

"She has a point." the male said.

"Besides, you probably don't need a trip to the hospital." he added with a smirk.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 03:54:11 )

"Of course I am right. I seem to be the only one here able to use their head." She stated simply, her ethereal violet eyes locking on his far more subtle grey ones.

"I do not believe that anyone here would like to visit somewhere of that sort." She added, mere moments before pausing as they heard ... something from behind her. He looked over her shoulder and she twisted to see what she heard, before they heard something akin to a shot.

"Ah..." She said quietly before the purple that he saw, that ethereal. haunting violet, flickered and faded to a more natural blue, and she dropped to the ground. It wasn't hard to tell that she was dead, almsot instantly.

Seconds later, her figure was visible, barely. It almost looked as if she was... well... a ghost.

"Ah, shit." She said with a sigh, looking much different, but having the same violet eyes he saw before. Even if they were faint.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:19:43 )
"Woah!" the male exclaimed, as he saw this happen.

"Exposed!" one of the mob members said.

"Get her body!" another yelled.

"We'll dispose of her then!" they added.

"Oh boy." the male muttered, before picking up the girl's body.

"We better scram." he told the ghost before him.

"Something tells me it'd be bad for us if we stay." he added, before he started to run.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:35:43 )

"Yeah, no shit!" Her ghostly form exclaimed before seeming to vanish, mere moments before he heard the male that had cornered her let out a scream. It didn't take long after that before he felt her presence, but couldn't see her. She was around, but it wasn't possible to tell where.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:00:14 )
He paused and looked around as he felt her presence, but shook his head.

"Right, questions later." he said.

"Need to move." he muttered.

"Hm..." he then mumbled to himself, before nodding.

"The school." he said to himself.

"They'll know what to do." he reasoned, as he started changing direction, and ducking through some other alleyways.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:17:47 )

It didn't take long before they reached the school, and he made his way through the halls. As he beelined it for the medical wing, he dodged questions about who the hell he had brought in, and why, figuring that it was more important to get her some attention instead of answering questions right now.

They didn't ask any questions after he had told them that she needed help, and that she'd been shot with something.

AS the body was being looked over, the ghost sighed, and he heard it within his own skull.

Sorry, hitched a ride. She said, although he heard it as his own thoughts.

And I can't get back into that one there. I don't know why.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:31:07 )
'Huh?' he thought.

'Oh, I... see.' he thought further.

He then got the attention of someone that was working on her.

"Excuse me." he said.

"She's communicated with me." he told the woman.

"She says she can't get back into her own body for some reason." he informed her further. "Probably due to whatever it is she was shot with."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:32:52 )

There was silence before a nod.

"Blood panel it is." They said. They were filling in for the one that was normally there, due to how they were off to do something that they had been asked to do.

"Because we gotta figure out what it was, of course." They added before drawing some blood from her form.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:46:53 )
The male nodded.

"All right." he said.

"And yeah, of course." he reasoned.

He then sighed, and sat back down.

'Ugh.' he thought.

'This day turned out to be more eventful than I had initially thought.' he said mentally, before looking around.

'Uh... which isn't a complaint towards YOU, mind.' he then added, guessing the girl could hear his thoughts.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:49:29 )

Even though one could argue it is my fault that you even ended up dealing with that group. She replied after a few seconds.

Also, thank you. She added.

I realise that I very likely would not have come out as well as I did had you not stopped to help.

---

It took awhile, b ut neither four hours later he felt the presence of the girl vanish. He'd been booted out of the room awhile ago as the one that was looking her over wanted to check her over more thoroughly, which would require removing some of her clothing due to where she'd been hit.

Now that she wasn't in his head, and it felt a lot more empty too, it meant he could just forget about her if he wanted, or go check in.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 06:10:34 )
He blinked his eyes a couple of times, and looked around.

'Uh...' he thought.

"Hm." he muttered.

"I should just go." he said to himself. "I never asked to get involved in this." he mumbled further.

He then got up, and started to make his way to the exit doors, but stopped. And looked in the direction of where the girl was.

"..............." he was silent for a few moments, and then sighed heavily.

'But I'll feel like crap if I do.' he lamented.

With that, he did a 180, and made his way to the room, knocking lightly on the door.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 06:16:19 )

There was silence for a couple of minutes before the door opened, the one that had been acting as medic there.

"Ah, yes. She was asking for you, actually." They told him before stepping aside.

'I'm done here. You're welcome to sit and talk. Oh, and take her up to the Professor, as well."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.