Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Ren Faire!!!

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:46:53 )
Jesi Says:
@Kozi: yeah, this faire has been going since 1963! according to Wiki. This is the little intro blurb:

The Renaissance Pleasure Faire of Southern California (RPFS) is the first modern Renaissance faire to occur in America. It opened in the spring of 1963 and has been an annual event since then.[1] Presently owned by Renaissance Entertainment Productions (REP), it is a commercial reenactment of a 1580s[2] market faire at Port Deptford,[3] a waterfront town in Elizabethan England. The Faire is generally open from the first weekend of April through the weekend before Memorial Day.
You can read the rest here!

@Faust Sheep: Same! Kind of. They currently rent out part of the Dam Recreational Area, and the Joust is hilarious lol
It's pretty big; according to my phone I walked around 10600 steps on Sunday, and only about 3500 of those weren't at the fair lol

Art by LittleWhiteDragonlet

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 08:12:32 )
@littlewhitedragonlet: yeah I have noticed a lot of cosplays at the faire

and I see they've gone back to the older map where my bars aren't labeled. (they had a sepia one the last couple years that was more detailed if I remember correctly?) How will the good people know where the Oubliette bar is?? It's the cream of the crop!! Also I am obsessed with The Merry Wives of Windsor if you know them <333

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 13:17:46 )

Jesi Says:

@Luffer Nutter: I thiiiink the ones they sell at the entrance are more detailed, that's just the one on the site, but I can't remember xD we haven't gotten a map in years lmao my mom and I only really have 1 cup of cider when we go, since one of us is normally driving and I shouldn't drink a lot that close to when I take my meds anyways haha but we love the Merry Wives!!! And Broon and Aaron Bonk; those are about the only 3 shows we really watch anymore xD;

I also have a Drabbit puppet from the Imaginarium Galleries Imporium, but he needs to be sent in to have his neck fixed so I didn't wear him this year :/

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 14:34:30 )
@littlewhitedragonlet: Holy— the ren fest is going on right now here too! :0 i usually go every other year.. its easy to get burnt out on it, for me haha.
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:34:01 )

Jesi Says:

@Artemis: my family is all shopaholics and that's mainly why we go haha

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.