Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My day is going terrible

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 18:00:18 )
I work at a daycare my child attends to and she is sick today. Her dad can’t leave work or they’ll take his position from him and I don’t know anyone else who I can trust to care for her.
What else sucks is I am the only other person who works where I work so if I leave we could lose our license. So I traded chores with my boss’ son. I’m picking up his siblings while he watches the kids for me. So my daughter is just sleeping in her car seat but I wish I could just be home with her cuddling her instead :(

Adulting fucking sucks ass.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 18:06:07 )
:( what a stressful situation. I hope your daughter gets better soon.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 18:35:44 )
@sunny: after 12:30 I believe I will be all good to go home with her. She’s just chilling eating crackers. I believe she’s at the end of this sickness too. We are in the diarrhea phase sorry for tmi.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 20:43:56 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I’m confused because I swear I typed my reply to you earlier in the post above... but coming back here it’s not there anymore?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 00:28:47 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: well anyways as I was saying in the message u ate earlier was.... I always leave that place feeling like a mess. I got an apple sauce hug first thing this morning by one of our one year olds lmao

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:05:04 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Maybe they need to work for their pension? That's how it works around here anyways. Since your paycheck automatically adds to your pension. Alot of parents I know are worried about that, they don't want their kids to have to worry about taking care of them when they are older. There are cheaper ways of doing it like grandparents and/or neighbors which is what alot of people do as well but sometimes they aren't on the best of terms.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:32:02 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Yeah I heard that its really expensive too. Maybe they are afraid if they quit their jobs they won't be able to get it back?

@butterfly: I have a sister that used to work daycare as well. The end result was now she never wants to have a kid ever. :vanora_xd:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:00:37 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I know what you mean. I make minimum wage, and pay half the rate, and I’m still struggling to make ends meet, living paycheck to paycheck. That’s why I’m only paying half. Because if I paid whole it would be me taking home $400 a month versus my whopping $800

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:04:04 )
@Saeyra: I never wanted to but it was the only way I could afford the childcare to begin with. And I definitely don’t need more kids. Taking care of 12 makes me want to keep just my one and call it quits.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: oh I also forgot to mention, I’m in California and here we have a program that pays for childcare for the parents who don’t make enough to pay for it themselves. It’s called Children’s home society. I could even qualify but I’m okay for now.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:16:15 )
@butterfly: Well she first started because she saw that there was a huge demand for childcare workers. Then she discovered WHY there was a huge demand for childcare workers and so she quit and pursued something else :vanora_xd:

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 04:45:59 )

Damn that sucks. I hope that tomorrow is better for you.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 21:41:01 )
@Saeyra: yeah it’s a gross exhausting job. You’re working with people who don’t listen and also poop themselves on occasion.

@Totalanimefan: today was definitely easier. My daughter perked up but stayed with grandma today so I could work most of my shift without having to worry about keeping my kid from the healthy kids. Now she’s at home with me finally playing and being her normal self... still a little poopy, sorry tmi but still more normal than her lethargic self yesterday :(

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 22:04:50 )
@butterfly: That actually sounds similar to taking care of the elderly. :vanora_xd:

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 22:06:36 )
@Saeyra: yeah I’ve done that work before too. I don’t know how I keep ending up with these jobs :vanora_cry:

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 16:08:51 )

@butterfly: that's fine. It's not TMI.
I'm glad to hear that it went better yesterday

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 17:35:37 )
I hope you get some quiet time and that your kiddo feels better asap
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 19:59:35 )
@Totalanimefan:
@nyreen:
She’s all better now friends! Thank you for the kind words :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.