Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 20:30:46 )

Which means... I get to see my music husband Shakey Graves preform soon! He's playing a sold out show here. It's been a few years since I last saw him live, he's such a talented musician. His new album also launches in a few days, which means the vinyl I pre-ordered should be arriving! Here's a song if you're curios. :vanora_heart:

Anyone else have any upcoming events/things for the month?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 20:39:12 )
it seems crazy that its may this year has gone by so quickly :vanora_upsidedown:
its ya boy aidan

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 20:46:13 )
Second what Baby said... I can't believe we're almost halfway through 2018 Q-Q time, y'all need to chill out and slow down dude

Congrats on getting to go see your favourite (or one of them) musician! Concerts are amazing, especially when the performers do special little things from show to show. Alas, the only concert I was super stoked about (for the time being, anyway) just passed a week ago, and I didn't get to go :C but A Perfect Circle just dropped a new album, and I have yet to hear most of it, so there's that. cB

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 21:17:55 )
@Baby: Yeah, eh? I feel like February and March didn't even happen.

@Alien: Oh, who did you miss? And APC is amazing! I missed their most recent show here and regret it. I need to give their new album a listen still.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 21:36:14 )

Yay for May! I love May because people are starting to think about, and get excited for summer.
I'm going to Japan this month for the first time! I'm excited, but it doesn't seem real!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 22:29:10 )
Cannot believe 2018 is almost halfway through :o

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 22:43:03 )
nope, not lookin forward to anything

this year has gone by so fast

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 22:45:09 )

Memorial Day weekend in May is Fanime con in this city.
My friends and I have gone most years since 2003-ish.

Unfortunately, last year, a change was made that jeopardizes me.
It was that only certain areas required a badge. The dealer's room, one of the main reasons I go, is the only thing I do that required a badge. So instead of spending $60 (that's the cost of a day badge), my friends were willing to smuggle me in using theirs.
But last year, they apparently got wise to that vulnerability and started requiring a badge for entry into the con as a whole instead of individual areas.
Though I suppose $60 for one day a year isn't entirely not doable.

I'd probably do it if my best friend came but she lives out of state and right now it's unknown.

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 00:46:21 )
I am glad it is May because I'm going into finals at university, and then I get a break (sort of)!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 01:21:39 )
May 1st is my mom's birthday. We had a small celebration yesterday ^^
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 01:33:41 )
@nyreen: It was APC I missed c': They were just at KFMA Day, though they're kicking off a tour if I'm not mistaken...
does that mean we live close to each other? xD
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 02:41:20 )
It's May day!
I'm sympathy stoked for your show. Good music fills the soul.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 03:21:43 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm so happy for you!

@sunny: Yep! Isn't that so weird?

@Shark: I can't believe itttt.

@Angelus: Woah, that's sucks. Why did they make that change? :vanora_worried:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 03:23:49 )
@BunnyPirate: Good luck! I hope they go well. Remember to take care of yourself!

@Fielkun: Nice! Happy birthday to mama Fielkun!

@Alien: I don't know where that is? They came in baaaack in November, I think. I'm in Montreal.

@Glume: Yes, it is comrade! I didn't going to any if the activities tho as the police come out in full force and it makes me too nervous. :vanora_sad:

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 05:26:25 )

@nyreen: As I mentioned, I assume they caught on to the vulnerability.
It never occurred to me before now that I am probably not the only one to do the smuggling bit.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 05:39:03 )
@Angelus: Oh yeah, for sure.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 09:16:33 )
@nyreen: Yep, that'd make me nervous too. The police show up and suddenly a peaceful protest turns violent.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 17:04:15 )
@Glume: My friend told me that the first demo went very well. Then later at the second one the police suddenly erupted into violence and were trying to kettle protesters. They were using rubber bullets, tons of tear gas and had their batons out. It came out of no where and 7 police at once were ganging up on a single unarmed protestor. It's so scary. That's why I don't to to bit events.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 17:09:42 )
@nyreen: Yep, I'm not at all surprised that proletariats would be a big target.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 17:31:58 )
@Glume: Sorry I had typos in that dang post, mobile is so annoying sometimes. Big events* and yeah. I usually go to small demos where we don't walk because those tend to escalate the most. Since folks active in walks don't disclose route information to police, to throw them off. And this makes them very angry because they can't block off streets to prevent traffic, have a harder time dispersing the crowd, etc.

I go to mostly vigils, workshops, speeches, protests outside of places and just smaller things. I'm too scared otherwise.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.