Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello, there.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 23:42:18 )
gosh this place is just so huge~! I've been fumbling around the place for about 20 minutes now and finally thought I would take the time to write out an introductory post...

So, uh, hi! My username's Porg, because I love porgs c:
I'm not new to forums, I've been using different ones like Dappervolk (which is far less forum-y than this) and I was using another but I've forgotten its name... Anyhow! Despite the fact I'm generally used to these things, this place was quite different! I mean, the avatar is in a good spot (and I like that clicking on it takes you to editing, that's a relief) but my observation skills are very low and it took me at least 5 minutes to find the "shops" button which I now see is clearly in the corner...
I really like the pixel aesthetic of the website, and like that they have so many colour options??? like?? so many colours for just one item it's kinda scary haha

aaa I'm rambling a bit
okay so I really look forward to being a part of this community, and being able to understand every button, and find my way around easier :D
thank you for reading my post~!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 23:57:46 )

Heyy & welcome Porg! ^v^
I'm so glad you like what you see, trust me, Voltra is the best.
I absolutely love it here too, i've been here for a couple of months now and if you may have any site questions, feel free to ping me (press "@mention" on my post) and i'll try my best to help out!
Lovely avatar, btw! <3

Questing: click here!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:07:04 )
Hi Prog! Welcome to Voltra~ So glad you could join us c:
I romped around dappervolk for a while too, but the appeal wasn't as great when there aren't as many active people around. :P Same as you I suppose!

I think you're discovering Voltra at a regular marco polo speed in just 20min. If there's anything you can't figure out, lovely folks like Nyuu here are happy to help if you ask, including me! You'll be figuring the ins outs and backdoors in no time! Happy posting!

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:18:37 )
Well hey there, welcome! I hope you like it here and stick around. :D

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:31:07 )
@Porg: Welcome Porg! So nice to see a new face. I also tried Dappervolk for abit but didn't quite like it as much as here. Its more pet-centric I think. Voltra focuses more on forums and avatars. I hope you decide to stick around :vanora_smile: so what do you like to do in your free time? We have writers, artists, movie-lovers, music-lovers all kinds of people from all walks of life.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:39:59 )
@Saeyra: Yeah, I think I might end up using Dappervolk more for the pet focus and this place for the forum :D
In my free time? I enjoy doing pretty much, ah, everything ^^" Gaming, writing, drawing, reading, editing, exercising... I'm kinda still trying to figure out which ones I enjoy the most.

@Shark: thank you for the welcome~ So far I do like it here and plan on visiting frequently c:

@Eruca: Ah, well, I still play Dappervolk consistently - my only trouble is the data being wiped along with all conversations and friends and it just makes me sad that any progress I make means next to nothing. So I'm trying to limit my daily gameplay. But you're right, there aren't that many active people over there, I always thought that was just because of timezones but I guess i could be better.

@Nyuu: I feel bad for not knowing how to do this because its probably super easy, but you did offer so... I notice a lot of people seem to have preset signatures and post formats? I was wondering what button I click to get to there, haha, just because my posts look slightly bland compared to the rest ^^"

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:49:08 )
@Porg: I think it's because people are there for the pets rather than the conversation. XD They are soooo adorable. But I've had terrible luck with the shops. Haha.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 00:56:32 )
@Eruca: I can agree with you on both those points, haha, the pets are way too cute for my heart to handle~! And the shops are such a pain :vanora_cry: I'm not really a fan of gachas in real life because of the luck basis, and that's one of Dappervolk's main attractions... Makes it hard for me to like them.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: So far I do really like it! Such nice people and such beautiful art c:
and, uh, Sir Lionel, would you mind me asking why your head is floating..? Did something... happen? D:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:30:03 )
@Porg: Do you see the word settings on the top right side? click it and look to the right again you will see forum settings. There you will be able to set your post style and your signature.

On Dappervolk I got to the end of the quests and its just dailies after that so it got really boring. I also don't like their forum layout very much. And yeah everything will get wiped so no point trying to do anything productive. :vanora_xd:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:38:20 )
-> enter Porg
@Saeyra: Thank you for letting me know~! Hopefully that worked... Ah, I probably should have checked before adding them but, are there any rules against GIFs in signatures?
Yeah, I agree, I don't do the dailies that much anymore, I just kinda go on to play the cute Turnip Thief game and make my pets happy with me c:

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:41:14 )

Hey! Welcome to the site, Porg! Always nice to see new people.
Your avatar is looking rather cute. Really liking that color combo ^^

|

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:52:25 )
@Porg: There is a test forum where you can test out post styles and signatures. There is no restriction on .gifs in your sig or post style but there is a size restriction. So try not to make it too large. :vanora_smile:

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 01:59:42 )
@Porg: Yeah, same. It's been brought up by many people as a criticism. But, seeing as all the data will be wiped, maybe things will change after closed beta. :P

Oh, and nice to see you figuring out how to spiffy things up. Those pixels are adorable!
Ping me

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 02:38:07 )
Greetings Porg! What is a Porg exactly? ...besides yourself of course. I'm hoping its something blatantly obvious so I can have an aha! moment later. Based on experience org COULD mean online roleplaying game... but what is the P? Post? Power? Party? Pumpernickel?
Snap, maybe its not even an acronym at all...
Teach me your Porgish ways!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 03:52:50 )
@Glume: A Porg is the weird and cute, fluffy penguin thing from the last Star Wars movie.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:01:35 )
-> enter Porg
@Miss Kitty: Ah, thank you for the compliments on my outfit~! Yours is absolutely stunning, though, really love the pastels together :D (also the over-sized bow is suuper cute!)

@Eruca: It's a shame the site's getting criticism, it's really quite lovely aside from a few things, but I guess it can only grow with feedback...
ehe thanks for noticing the pixels! I drew them recently in honour of my new Tamagotchi friend, hehe~

@Glume: Ah, sorry, I somehow assume everyone knows these things >~<
Well, it's definitely not an acronym... as far as I'm aware. But Power Online Roleplaying Game seems like a pretty sweet acronym to be sure!
Naw, Porgs are exactly what Saeyra showed them to be! Super cute little bird-like creatures with heaps of fluff and even more courage c:

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:05:13 )
@Porg: welcome to Voltra! ^^
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:19:10 )
-> enter Porg @nyreen: Thank you so much for the welcome~!
"Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to..."

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:44:24 )
Hello there Porg and welcome aboard. Nice to meet you. Hope you'll have fun around!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:48:21 )
neko says;
Hi, Porg! I dunno what that is, but it sounds cute. :3

Welcome to Voltra! nvn

sell me rigs please♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.