Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hi! Wanted to say hi and

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 03:37:01 )
Hi. I had surgery Friday. I battled the insurance for it and was approved, then denied four times just mere days before each, every time for bogus reasons. The last time they did it was on April 9th (their reason this time was that I had a set date that they wanted me to get it by and I did not but only because they changed their minds and denied it every time right before.) The lady who works with insurance companies for the patients resubmitted the claim and harassed them into saying yes on April 18th.

And here I am at the hospital until Friday.

I am bored and miss my babies. Want to keep me company?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 03:39:13 )

@Shamrock Shamus: Ooof.
That sucks. I can'rt help but think that fighting Insurance is a massive heacdache DX

And I hope you're all right.

Also, at lewast it was approved!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 03:45:24 )

Glad you were finally able to get in :)
But, on the other hand, hospitals suck..and are boring >> At least in my experience.

|

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:05:43 )
@Lady Luna: Its almost more painful than an actual procedure. I don't know how they sleep at night. Not only will this surgery actually cut their spending on me in the long run (because dialysis every other day for the rest of my life is going to add up. Dialysis is not cheap.) but it would also, help protect me from possible future medical emergencies regarding my issue and the exiting thing for me is that if there's no complications from this, my life expectancy is much more plus I can go back to work and get off disability. I want to be around for my kids. I want to work.

I am doing good now. The surgery went smoothly and I thought for sure that I was going to be in pain and complete misery after. But even the day of, after I woke up, I barely feel anything. It honestly hurt worse to rip a bandaid off after, which is a bit ridiculous. Lol. But it does get sore if I sit up too long. Not unbearable though.

I have had more intense procedures though. I have had a lung removed, organs rearranged, my prostate removed, my tonsils removed, my broken bones pieced back together and held by screws and my screws taken out, so I think my pain tolerance may be a pretty high because I have just been a walking medical disaster my whole life.

I am glad it was. That lady deserves a bonus, a vacation and a raise. She did so much for me. I want to send her a thank you card when I get home. It's not a lot but I want her to know that I sincerely appreciate her patience and persistence for getting me covered.

How are you?

@Miss Kitty: Thank you. : ) They are. My girlfriend is here though. We are a couple hours from home and she can go back if she wants but she doesn't want to leave me. She's a nurse herself but for a different specialty. She says she can't leave me here alone after surgery and vulnerable and feel good about it. Though, our children miss both of us.

How are you? What are you up to?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:14:02 )

@Shamrock Shamus: It's awesome that thins are working out for you~<3
Seriously.

There's always a concern with surgeries, whether something will go wrong and whatnot.

And it's awesome that she was able to help so much~<3
Send her a box of chocoaltes. Lol. XDDD

And I'm all right. Just finishing up a commission actually~<3
So can't complain. ^ ^

Donator — - Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:38:34 )
@Lady Luna: Thank you! I am so happy. I took so much for granted. I am sorry I ever did. I want nothing more than to live a relatively normal life (I know normal isn't actually real but I mean, things like being able to drink fluids as much as I want without worrying about it causing my heart to stop, going to work, not having to do dialysis every other day, and even peeing. Lol)
I am so excited.
Right. But the benefits highly outweigh the risks.

Haha she deserves it.

Nice. : ) What type of artwork is the commission?
I brought my tablet and I may draw when I can sit up next.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:43:14 )

@Shamrock Shamus: Everyone takes little things liek that for granted until they have reason not to. It's not something that is necessarily bad.

When you grow up ABLE to do things that would be considered normal... then can't? It really does bring about how important the little things are, and how grateful people SHOULD be that they can do them.

So it's wonderful that things are looking good for you!

And the commission? It's a NSFW slime hypnosis animation. Lol.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 11:08:48 )

@Shamrock Shamus: glad that they finally approved it and that you could get the surgery.
What kind of surgery was it? And how did it all go?

Do take time to recover completely or I'll have to bribe your daughter to tie you to the bed.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 11:54:59 )
Congrats on finally getting the medical attention you need. I do not know why it has to be so hard for people to get taken care of (yes I do), but I'm glad you have people fighting for you. It'd be exhausting to do alone. Stranger-hugs from me to your supporters.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 12:17:21 )
@Shamrock Shamus: Jeezus, Shamus. I didn’t know you had all of THAT happen to you. Yikes! Feel better, you. ~super!hugs~

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 16:29:23 )
Hey that's so great that it finally got done and you had someone on your side. It's always wonderful when people like that really care about their job and the people they serve. Wishing you a speedy and painless recovery! Hope you get to go home soon!
previously keef with a k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.