Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Nightmare

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/20 13:07:20 )

Today marks a new beginning
Tomorrow calls the end
Yesterday our eyes clouded
Now we cannot see

This RP is for Dowan & Mica. Feel free to read along but please no posting.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/20 13:10:33 )

His gray-green eyes fluttered open with ease. Glancing at the alarm clock on the small nightstand by his bed, he smiled. Waking before it went off with its horrible shrieking was always a satisfying experience, and he had received yet another restful night's sleep to boot! Swinging his legs out from under the covers, he took a stand on the carpet and stretched with a groan of approval. Stepping over to the window, he opened the drapes in one boisterous motion to let the sun in.

Or what would have been the sun.

What he saw instead was an overcast sky releasing an endless but soft curtain of rain upon the horizon. He scratched his head with a frown. Wasn't today Saturday? Only two more days before school began, and he was supposed to begin moving into the dorm. As he leaned onto the window sill to watch the drops spatter against the street, there came a round of gentle knocking on the door.

"Alex, honey? Are you awake?" The voice was pleasant and familiar.

"Oh, yeah mom! You can come in," he nodded more to himself and faced the door as an older woman with long blonde hair in a messy bun made her way inside. She subconsciously adjusted the fuzzy pink robe that she was wearing to more conservatively cover the sleeping wear she wore underneath. In her other hand she held a coffee mug with a face on it that seemed to be affected by the level of liquid within. The eyes were lit up, and a big open mouth was present.

She gave a somewhat reserved smile, "Good morning, honey. I didn't think you'd be up already. I guess you've seen the weather, huh? They say it won't let up until late..." Shaking her head, she took a sip of the coffee.

He swung his hands behind his head with a lopsided grin, "Morning! Yeah, I was super excited since they said it would be sunny today, but uh..." He looked back to the open window and then back at her with a shrug.

She giggled, "Those forecasters seem to be a bit off lately, mm? Well, no matter. We'll figure something out! If it doesn't clear up, we can cover your things well and make sure nothing gets wet."

"Sounds like a plan, mom. Oh, did dad leave for work yet?"

"Bright and early," she held up the cup. "Made us some coffee on his way out. Why don't you get dressed and come on down? I'll get some breakfast cooking for you and your sister."

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 00:22:26 )

It was only when the sun began to shoot through the blinds that she realized what time it must have been. It served as a reminder as to why her eyes started to get heavy and the reason her strokes felt sluggish on the large sketchpad. Vibrant blue eyes blinked slowly to face her bed, a crumpled mess of sheets, pillows and cat plush toys almost consuming most of the sleeping space. Fighting the urge to jump into the mass of fluff she instead placed her tools down to quickly undress and change into presentable clothes.

It was like she was going through the motions of washing, brushing and then stepping out of her room to meet the large hallway. It was still the dead of morning for anyone reasonable to be awake but as she made her way down the long flight of stairs, signs of life was heard by the loud clanking sounds of the kitchen. Pausing in front of the door, she saw a stack of pans on the counter, a tray of eggs by the stove and a peculiar man in a black robe analyzing the cooking utensils as if wondering what the appropriate tool was.

The man with speckled gray hair turned to face his daughter, eyes widening at the sight of her wearing the new shirt he had personally picked out for her. A beaming smile spread across his face as he saw her, seemingly proud at her attempt at looking more like an adult. The white dress shirt she wore was wrinkled but only slightly, paired with polyester black pants that looked sleek and long. Her long black hair was up in a messy bun with the blue highlights peeking through in a somewhat chaotic but professional look.

“Aurelia!” Immediately he extended his arms while walking towards her, leaving no time for a response and embracing her in the warmest hug. Despite the temptation to close her eyes to relish in the comfortable motion, she merely raised her arm to pat him on the back as a response.

“Papa. Don’t you have work?” Her voice was soft, almost shy.

“Yes but… it will be the last time you will be in this house for a long time so I moved my schedule around. It will just be you and I today, are you ready for a road trip?” He had the same vibrant blue eyes and they were greeting her with a smile.

“You… will be driving?” She was almost confused as they both walked towards the pans and stove.

“Well, I do know how!” He laughed.

“I forget sometimes.” She softly responded while taking one of the pans from the pile and setting it on the stove.

“Well don’t you worry, I’ll be sure not to crash us.” With a wink, his attention was quickly brought to the pan she picked.

“Most any of them would have worked for eggs.” She informed him as she took notes of his curiosity.

“Oh, really? Let me at least help, I wanted to cook you breakfast before you went.”

“Crack the eggs into the bowl.”

Her businessman father took the time to listen to her instructions, compliment her own cooking skill and managed to play house for the whole duration. His charismatic nature was part of his incredible success, using it to seal several contracts and negotiate favorably. The results of their efforts were a cheese omelet with onion leeks, small sausages and a salad on the side. They ate breakfast together for the first time in five years.

“Oh yeah, I thought it’d be sunny today but it looks like there’s going to be a bit of a shower. Kind of a shame, right?”

“It explains the particularly cold morning.” She took a bite from her salad.

“I saw your luggage in the hallway, are you sure that’s all you’re taking? Two suit cases? I know there are stores around there but you sure you don’t want to take more stuff?”

“Maybe a few more things.” She said, thinking back on her cat plush toys.

--

As she stepped outside the front door she was met with a baby blue SUV with all of her packed luggage in the back seat. He was in the driver seat waving at her while seemingly fiddling with the radio. She had a backpack and peeking out from the top was a gray cat plush.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah.”

Aurelia took a moment to stare at the ordinary scenario and all she could think was how it all felt like a waking dream.

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 11:27:35 )

Alex nodded, "Sounds great! What are we having?"

"Guess you'll just have to come down and see," she teased over her shoulder.

"Savage," he sighed to himself while slowly turning his head to look out the window once more. There was a bright flash in the far distance before a resounding boom followed by a visible streak of lightning. The rain continued to fall in constant, hypnotizing waves, and for a moment he couldn't help but just space out. "Monday starts a brand new school year, huh?" His voice was quiet. Barely audible. "Hope it's a good one..." He shook his head and got dressed.

Moments later, he was downstairs at the table in the kitchen. His sister, Sarah, was already sitting down with a newspaper in one hand and a croissant in the other. She glanced at him with a flick of the head in acknowledgement, "Mornin' twerp. How'd ya sleep?" To outsiders, Alex was the goody-two-shoes of the family. He was prim and proper with a naive air swirling about him, but his sister was the complete opposite. She was lewd and crude, and bigger than life... or at least bigger than he was. She had the appearance to match with tattered clothing and various gothic accessories. She wanted piercings and tats, but that was something their mother hadn't faltered on yet.

He took a seat and gave a passing glance to her hair. "Oh, pink this time? Really suits you, sis."

She nearly choked on a bit of the croissant, "Wha... thanks. I mean, 'course it does!" She scarfed down the remainder of the pastry with a face.

"Of course," Alex nodded as if to further affirm. "I slept pretty good. You're driving me to school, right?"

"Huh? Yeah, sure. I already told you I would, didn't I?" She gave him a side look with a smirk, "Besides, someone has to keep an eye on you and your wittle fwend. You meet them yet?"

He rose a brow, "What's with the baby talk? And... nah, I haven't. I can't wait to, though. Hopefully they're nice and not like a certain somebody I know."

She clicked her tongue but didn't say anything as their mother came to the table with two plates full of eggs, bacon, slices of toast with butter, and hashbrowns. "I'm glad to see you two get along so well. I don't have to whip out the belt in this case," she smiled sweetly. "Now eat up! Let me change and then we can look at what you need to pack in order to impress this roomie of yours." She ruffled his hair with a grin, and he sighed in response.

"Not you too, mom..."

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.