Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hope my parents aren't stupid

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 15:00:59 )

Tomorrow we are suppose to go to Germany to do cheap grocery shopping again. However it is going to be really warm. Around 25 degrees (77 F) in the shadows. Which means it is even worse in the sun. Normaly the dog goes along but that is really not a good idea right now. He will die in the car. I already asked earlier today what we are going to do with the dog and dad was like "He has sat in the sun in the car before". Uhhmmm I really hope that was a joke and not a nothing's wrong with taking the dog.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 15:54:03 )
@vengeance: I would be fuming! Even in the shade she car will get hotter and the poor thing will be so uncomfortable! I hope your parents decide to leave the dog at home. Is it unable to be left alone?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 16:07:00 )

@Vii: It has no problem with being left alone for a while. It's my parents who have a problem with leaving it alone.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 16:21:59 )
@vengeance: Ah, I can relate to that--I always feel bad leaving my dog alone. But they're much safer and better off at home, and I know when it's really hot here my dog would rather be in the AC anyway lol
I do hope your parents see the error in that thinking :/

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 19:41:02 )
@vengeance: Don't quote me on this, but where I live, I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to leave a dog alone in a hot car. It might be worth checking out local laws on that sort of thing. If common sense isn't persuasive, perhaps that can be.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 20:31:42 )

@Glume: In my country they warn that people can smash your window and take the dog out of the car. You can get a fine here but that's it. I am not sure out my neighbour country,

Edit: did a quick google and they will break the law over there if they do it.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 20:57:12 )
@vengeance: Thats a scary fact worth sharing, too.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 23:54:18 )
@vengeance:

Leaving a dog alone in a hot car is NO laughing matter. Where I am, if the dog were to die I am pretty sure that's a federal felony that is punishable by jail time.

Your dad had better leave that dog at home.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 00:48:06 )

Tell your parents that it's against the law to do that!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.