Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat You don't have to be on facebook

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 21:51:13 )

So Europe has new privacy rules but facebook is not going to conform to those rules. Instead it said people don't have to be on facebook. I really hope Europe goes in hard because facebook clearly doesn't care.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 05:43:42 )
Maybe they'll make an alternative social media website. Who knows.
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:05:41 )

On one hand, Facebook IS right. You do NOT have to be on there. It's just people enjoy being on there (for... whatever reasons, I don't see the reason myself XD), on the other... as was said... well, Money talks.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 10:05:46 )

@vengeance: hyves is coming back

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 10:23:44 )

@Tuijp: the owner tgm said he doesn't feel like bringing it back.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 10:26:03 )

@Lady Luna: Unfortunately many schools and workplaces force you to be there. When I was studying we had to make a Facebook so we could keep up with each other in photography class.

And Facebook knows that all to well.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 11:33:06 )

@vengeance: another company wants to bring it back

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 13:44:39 )

@Tuijp: Yep but then they need the rights to the name and tgm doesn't want to let it go at the moment.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 13:57:03 )

@vengeance: maybe they can get a new and better name

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 14:05:08 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: They are going to move all data of people to America so that they have to deal with american privacy laws and not the europeen ones. They really don't care at all.
@Tuijp: Maybe they can.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/20 21:45:32 )
Yeah, I don't Need to be on facebook. and I'm not. Other people need to stop asking me to join. Still, I don't see that as a "need".

I'm all for Europe outlawing Facebook if they're not gonna abide by the laws. idc. my life is fine without it and there are plenty of other alternatives.
Ping me

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:11:23 )
I admit to using it once in a while- but it's true, no one fully 'has' to be. That said, perhaps because I don't understand international privacy laws when dealing with a company that I'm pretty sure is set up specifically in my less-than-stellar area... I'm not sure if Facebook has to actually abide by laws in another country unless they're in the country. I don't know how their data banks and such work, but many companies set their headquarters up in countries with lower taxes and as such have to abide specifically by that country's laws. So... It may also depend on where the HQ is. I'm really not sure.

Either way... There are probably better social media sites in other countries. I'd like to join some of those myself. xD

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:34:00 )
neko says;
Facebook is boring anyway. u vu

sell me rigs please♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.