Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Not sure what to do (A rant of some sorts)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 21:57:26 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

I'm gonna talk about something that has been bothering me for the past few weeks, and I just don't know what to do anymore.

So I've been friends with a guy for quite some time now, I'm going to call him Rabbit for this. Rabbit and I usually talk about art or just stuff in general. One day, we happened to be discussing games and he said that he wanted to find a game that we could play together, so I suggest one to him and we start playing.

Another friend of ours, who also happens to be on the same discord server that we hang out on, caught wind of it. I'm going to call him Hamster. Hamster wasn't very active on the server except for the friendly lurking as well as laughing at what ever the lewd pop finds in a random search. Hamster also happened to play the game that I got my friend Rabbit into.

Ok, so it doesn't seem like there isn't anything wrong, Rabbit and Hamster just want to play games. But Hamster DMed me and we talked about a few things. He then tells me that he likes my friend Rabbit. I'm not sure why, but this got me jealous of him. I am in a really good relationship and I don't plan leaving my boyfriend, and I did happen to tell him this too. But the other thing that did bother me was Hamster only wanted to play with Rabbit since he decided to play the same game.

This is the same game that Hamster also happened to make a comment on my play style, way before Rabbit decided to play. I might have taken this the wrong way as well, but Hamster made the comment that he didn't want to play with me since I wasn't really good. But Hamster is completely fine with playing with Rabbit, who has only played the game a few times and is still learning the controls.

I've asked Rabbit to let me know when ever he is up to playing the game, and usually Hamster will pop in and say that he is wanting to play with us as well. Which really doesn't make much sense to me, because when I happen to be online, Hamster never sends me a message asking to play. He only wants to play with me if Rabbit is playing with me. The last few times, I wasn't able to play with Rabbit due to some things I was taking care of. But Hamster will play with him, even though Rabbit's play style is still very fresh.

My boyfriend does think Hamster has gotten big in the britches ever since he introduced Hamster to the game. He understands how I feel on the issue with Hamster and didn't really give much advice on the matter. I'm just not sure why I am jealous of Hamster getting close to Rabbit.

I don't want to hurt either of them or ruin our friendships over some dumb jealousy, but I just can't stand it anymore. I'm just not sure what to do anymore. I barely have any friends as it is, and I don't want to loose a friend that I've been friends with for quite some time.

That's the end of my rant for now.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 02:04:07 )
I can definitely understand your frustrations; your friend Hamster is being shallow. However, I think in time their infatuation will dwindle and things will revert to 'normal'. Maybe communicate a bit more with Rabbit over DMs? Or you can just wait it out and hope things do settle down.

When I was a kid, I would often introduce two of my friends to each other...
...who would proceed to hang out and do stuff without me all the time. q-q That hurt. It's not quite what you've got going on, but it does seem like Hamster is trying to "steal" Rabbit's attention from you.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/14 16:00:57 )

@Vii: This is a bit late to your response, but Rabbit ended up asking him to play right in front of me on my own discord server. This has really gotten me depressed, even though I really shouldn't let it bother me. I ended up announcing on my server that I was going to take a 5 day break a few days ago. Rabbit thought it was his fault, but I couldn't tell him that it was. Truly, it was both Rabbit's and Hamster's fault. I ended up talking to my boyfriend about it and decided that it might be best for me just to leave it be and not play with them anymore. It really sucks since I was the one that introduced Rabbit to the game and my boyfriend introduced Hamster to the game. I'm probably not going to tell them unless they ask me to play with them. I don't want to end up hurting Rabbit's feelings. He is a good friend.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.