Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Searching [ 1 X 1 ]

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 06:49:01 )
Welcome

Hey all, I haven't RPed in a while and I'm getting an itch to write.

Interests

Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Psychological Thriller
Supernatural
Romance

We can come up with brief plot ideas, find one we like and then just go with the flow.

Character Preference

I will often create a new character for the RP. I play as cis, trans, queer and hetero characters. Some characters will prefer she/her, he/him or they/them. It'll be in their little biography that I'll post before the RP begins.

Replies

The length of my replies will be between one to seven paragraphs long. It depends on what's happening in the story. I'll usually be able to pump out anywhere between one to four, or more, replies a day but there might be a day where I'm busy and unmotivated so I won't post a reply. I'll contact you if this is the case and keep you in the loop!

If you're interested post here or PM me.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 23:55:17 )
Howdy! I'd be curious to play with you, though I can't guarantee my timing with replies as much. I haven't got an exact 'schedule' in general, but I can't say I'll be on every day by any means at all, but on days I am, I may be able to do more than one reply a day depending on timing. It depends on a lot of things for me, namely what the reply is to (because I won't reply if I don't feel I can make a decent one/am up to it), my health, and other things.

With characters... I tend to be the 'rehash' sort. I adjust characters I have to fit whatever we write, because I have so many as it is that it feels hard to fit any more in my head and in general, I don't feel like I can do a good job giving something to work off of with a character I barely know at all. Quality over quantity, to me. That said, they tend to vary quite a bit with things like gender and sexuality, so that shouldn't cause much of an issue. In terms of general genres, I'd probably go with sci-fi or fantasy, or a mix of both. I tend to treat supernatural as a category of fantasy anyway, and romance is usually something I prefer as a side-plot, because otherwise it's often rushed or forced in my mind.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 02:30:42 )
@Juneberry: Hey hey! It's totally understandable if you're busy and can't make it on every day. I don't reply either if I'm unmotivated because I don't want to post something that I'm not personally happy and satisfied with.

I'm okay with you reusing characters. Oh yeah, when I mentioned romance I meant it as a sub-plot! If we did Sci-fi or Fantasy what would you have in mind? Any ideas?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/18 23:41:20 )
@nyreen: Considering it took me a week to write this reply (I need to be more stable with using the computer. I'm losing my edge as a comp nerd! xD)... Uh... Yeah, time is good. As for general ideas...

Sci-fi could be either aliens, time travel, space travel with/without aliens, etc... <- go to staples
Fantasy can be as simple as a world where magic is the norm, a world where magic is slowly becoming known, psychic powers of some sort... lots of things.

Concrete plot ideas? Not really. Depends on the subsequent staple type things you like for the genres.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 02:22:20 )
@Juneberry: I'm really up for anything. Maybe we could do a sci-fi where it's humans and a few other races, they've established an alliance and it's been a decade since that alliance was formed. Then one day they find out that a super xenophobic group of humans are poisoning colonies of aliens, etc. and a group of sorta vigilantes have to find the source and stop it? o wo

for maybe I'm down for a world where there's a mix of magic being accepted and shamed. I'm a little sleepy so I can't make up a plot rn but maybe something where a local clan of elves are being pushed out of their sacred home, a forest with their sacred tree where they live with spirits, and this angers the spirits. so now there's all sorts of rogue spirits around that need to be put to rest?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 02:31:48 )
I like the idea of the vigilante group, 'cause it can be any sort of band of misfits we throw together to save the day (or fail, who knows? We'll root for them though, naturally!). It could really be something similar in the fantasy setting too- perhaps the methods humans used to push the elves out of their sacred forest was destruction of said forest, and when it causes the spirits to erupt in anger, a group that can be both supernatural and humans that were against the entire situation coming to fruition try to help put the spirits to rest to apologize for their people.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 03:10:26 )
@Juneberry: ah kinda like there's a spirit and mortal council and gods and goddesses and there could be a sorta agent from the spirit world that comes to the mortal world to help calm down the spirits and stop the humans from their path of destruction ?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 00:05:13 )
@nyreen: I think that kind of isn't the same, but at the same time, I like it way better. A council with an agent sent to stop the chaos is a great method! It makes me think of a secret organization of some kind keeping an eye on things and seeing the ruin and trying to help... And then maybe as the agent is on the task, they end up with a sidekick as they help others during calming spirits that are creating mischief to get their ire out?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:38:18 )
@Juneberry: yeah we can do that! ^^ is that what you want to do? i want to make sure you're ok with it!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:41:43 )
@nyreen: I think it sounds super interesting personally! The question is, what kind of characters should we play to start off? :o

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:43:33 )
@Juneberry: Do you want to be the spirit agent? And if you're a spirit agent then do you want to be a spirit yourself, a half-mortal or perhaps a well-known god/goddess from legends? ^^ I'm fine with playing the mortal character, I'll likely create a dragoon ( someone like a tiefling from dnd with horns, pointed ears and a short tail ) or a elf.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:51:55 )
@nyreen: Oooh~ So there are different kinds of species and not just humans for the mortals! I love it! And I could totally play a spirit agent. Maybe a half-spirit using my dnd character would work (since you mentioned dnd, and the campaign I'm in happens to be trying to escape the spirit world as a ghostly pirate crew xD)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:57:33 )
@Juneberry: that sounds good and yes! for sure. ^^ i usually have non-human characters in fantasy stories haha. i love tieflings, elves, dwarves, etc.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:01:09 )
@nyreen: I like fantasy characters myself. My novel WIP has elfish characters I call 'sprites'... and animals that are generally spirit-like and made totally of light. Like, they just look like glowing animal outlines. In the dnd case... My character is a (dead) druid high elf. In this case... I'd just make her half elf half spirit somehow. It suits her anyway~ How do you wanna go about starting though?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:09:59 )
@Juneberry: I'm not sure. I'm thinking my character can be a part of a great clan that's been displaced by the industrialization of her home by a power hungry, greedy tyrant. he could be using spirits to fuel weaponry and machinery and other stuff that's hurting the world. maybe she goes to the capitol of the elves, to seek council and aid to stop the king from doing more damage. at this point he is a clear threat to everyone as he just wants to consume and conquer everything in sight until he's the sole ruler? o wo

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:12:07 )
@nyreen: Oooh! I think I see what you mean~ And then that person can find the council and help them figure out the plan to calm the spirits that are causing mutual destruction in ire from this tyrannical fellow!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:25:58 )
@Juneberry: Yeah! And your character would be the agent they send with my character to gather allies to face a common enemy?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:27:28 )
@nyreen: Sounds good to me! Though I'm not 100% sure how they'd choose mine as I think of it. Ah, by the way~ I haven't rp'd on here before (shocking, no?). It's been a while in general since I've roleplayed on a forum without a specific plot for the forum itself, so... How do we set up threads for it again? xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:33:12 )
@Juneberry: it's ok, we'll figure it out. what if you're living in the mortal world and work alongside the council as an advisor? and your real identity is hidden? uhmmm. we can make an OOC or talk through PM for the RP. for the threeeead. do you want to post character profiles first or just get right into the RP? I can post first. ^^
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:15:00 )
@nyreen: I'm fine with or without profiles, but I can't do images for it at this point, that's all I know. I'm fine with an OOC or through PMs- though I don't know about the inbox capacity/what happens when you run out of space, so I should look into that too. What's easier on you in general?

As for your idea on advisorship: I like that idea! It explains a half mortal being part of it anyway.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.