Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Dungeons and Dragons

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 03:09:44 )
Anyone else here play D&D? Let's talk about it!

What's the best thing that happened to you? What's the worst thing that's happened to you? Most memorable?

In the most recent D&D session at my work one of the kids married a door. The group stumbled upon a magical door and one wanted to burn it. When they set it on fire it started to scream. One of the kids was upset by this and they put the fire out. Then they decided as a group to bring the door with them on their quest and repaired it.

Eventually one of the kids proclaimed that she wanted to marry the door. Another kid yelled "No, I want to marry it!" They started arguing until he asked the DM "Wait, is the door gay?" The DM then said "Roll to see if the door is gay." They rolled and the door was gay. There ended up being a marriage ceremony and they had a child, another door, named Woody. Now the player talks about his beloved door husband and door child. It's canon.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 09:32:49 )
That is beautiful.
One of my favorite moments from a recent game is when my wizard in training tried to stealth into a suspected dragon lair. He’s the stealthiest on the team so we thought we’d have him check it out before we charged in. But he rolled a 1, so he instead tripped into the nest and was immediately clawed to 1 hit point by the baby dragon. He spent the rest of the fight hiding in the brush and casting magic missile from a wide distance. He would later go on to die 3 times during a boss battle against a god, constantly revived by the cleric only to be one hit killed again. Useless, but I love him.
previously keef with a k

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 18:51:11 )
@keef: I'm laughing, that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.