Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment grem's music hut [ OPEN ]

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:34:14 )
Welcome

Hey all, welcome to Grem's Music Hut. I run this thread on a couple other sites so you might have seen it elsewhere already.

Over the past few years music has become incredibly important to me. I decided I would create a thread here to share what's in my library and for others to share what they love too!

Rules

I figure there don't have to be any intense rules to follow. Just be respectful of others and if the music you're sharing has any explicit content please put a warning in your post. Thanks!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:37:44 )
Favorite Albums

Will edit this soon! Expect a lengthy list.

Top 5 Albums of 2016

1. Rheia by ground-breaking Belgium crust/hardcore punk, atmospheric sludge metal band Oathbreaker. Recommended song(s): 10:56/Second Son of R

2. For All We Know by Alt-R&B, electropop sensation Nao. Recommended song(s): Get To Know Ya, In The Morning and Girlfriend

3. All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us by beloved metalcore, post-hardcore band Architects. Recommended Song(s): Nihilist, Gone With The Wind and Momento Mori

4. Love is Not Enough by heart-breaking melodic/post-hardcore band Casey. Recommended Song(s): Listen to the entire album.

5. Handmade Cities by prog-rock/metal, jazz fushion artist Plini. Recommended Song(s): Listen to the entire album.

Top 5 Albums of 2017

1. Nightbringers by metalcore, melodic death metal band Black Dahlia Murder.

2. 太鼓 by electro house, synthwave musician Danger.

3. Ison by trip hop, alt-R&B, synth/art pop artist Sevdaliza.

4. Worlds Apart by death/metalcore band Make Them Suffer.

5. 1992 Deluxe by trap/cloud rap, alt-r&b, hip hop artist Princess Nokia.

Top 5 Albums of 2018

1. Where I Go When I'm Sleeping by incredibly emotional, hardcore band Casey. Recommended Song(s): Listen to the entire album.

2. Bought To Rot by the phenomenal Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mothers. Recommended song(s): China Beach, Manic Depression (LIVE on Audiotree) and The Apology Song.

3. The beautifully composed soundtrack for Gris, developed by Nomanda Studio and published by Devolver Digital. Recommended Song(s): Listen to the entire soundtrack.

4. Undecided

5. Undecided

Honorable Mentions:

Casey preforming a heartbreaking The Funeral LIVE. Unfortunately on December 1st, 2018 Casey announced that they would be separating.

Real Thing by post-hardcore, punk band Turnstile.

Climbers performed LIVE on Audiotree by Mansions, who I only discovered in 2019 despite this being released in 2013.

Sorry by emotional, post-hardcore band Sleep Talk.

Potential Albums

Epitah by God Is An Astronaut

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:41:14 )
Newly Discovered

Here are some songs that I've recently stumbled upon.

N/A

How do you find so much music?

I often allow Spotify and YouTube to auto-play. I also follow the following channels:
Audiotree, Dreambound, KEXP, Jam in the Van, Subway Sessions and Little Elephant. I also frequent Rate Your Music!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:42:22 )
Genre of the Month

The Genre of the Month is....

Hardcore

Emotional hardcore is one of my favorite things to listen to.

1. Mourning by melodic/post-hardcore band Casey. It was incredibly hard for me to choose a song off of their album Love Is Not Enough. If you liked Mourning then give the entire album a list. It's once of my all time favorites!
2. Edward Benz, 27 Times performed by post-hardcore, spoke word, screamo band La Dispute.
3. Goodnight performed by melodic-hardcore, metalcore band Return To Rome.
4. Gone With The Wind performed by post-hardcore, metalcore band Architects.
5. The Tallest Of Mountains performed by post-rock/hardcore band Acres.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:55:01 )
Artist Spotlight

The Artist Spotlight goes to...

Shakey Graves

Shakey Graves has easily been one of my favorite artists for the last four years. He started out as a one-man show playing a guitar, singing and stomping on two foot peddals; one connected to a suitcase guitar his friend made him and the other a tambourine. He then started playing more with his drummer friend, Boo, and since then has picked up a second guitarist and bassist.

I've seen him perform live three times, once two days in a row, and this May I'll be able to see him for a fourth time! He's super talented and his music is worth listening to.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:57:17 )
Voltra Artist Spotlight

The Voltra Artist Spotlight goes to....

N/A

If you're an artist and would like to share your music please PM me! I'm more than happy to share your music in my thread.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:59:27 )
Reserved

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:59:34 )
Reserved

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:59:39 )
Reserved

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:59:45 )
Reserved

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:00:02 )
Open

Let's share music!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 19:36:37 )
This is a very cool idea for a hangout :o
I've been really slack in looking for new music. I should really get back into it and I'll start with some of your suggestions :D

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 23:07:28 )
The Voidz have a new album called Virtue that's really good.

And I've been into Machine Girl's album ...Because I'm Young Arrogant and Hate Everything You Stand For.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 01:36:56 )
@keef: Happy to help with finding new music! What do you typically listen to?

@Shark: Hey! I haven't heard of those two and I'll check them out in a bit. Super down for new tunes! Thank you!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 16:13:11 )
@nyreen: Oh a little of this and a little of that. I was raised on country and classic rock but I'm really into people like Florence and the Machine and Emilie Autumn, and Lindsey Stirling these days. Yeah, those are probably my top three with an honorable mention for Melanie Martinez.
previously keef with a k

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 17:49:50 )
@keef: Oh nice, same. I was raised around my parents who love country and classical rock. My mom is a bit into metal but nothing intense. My older brother is the one that got me into metal. I overheard him listening to Iced Earth, Kamelot, Iron Maiden and other power metal.

Maybe you would like Tash Sultana?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 05:19:02 )
Recent Plays

Hey all I have some songs to share that I've recently listened to.

1. 我的新衣 My New Swag by Chinese trap-rap artist VAVA.
2. TOKYO by pop-rap artist Brockhampton ( brief use of racial slurs in original, this is the clean )
3. Wound by emotional post-hardcore, emo band Casey. ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS IN EXISTENCE.
4. Murder Your Memory by shoe-gaze, alt-rock band Title Fight.
5. Magnigique by post-hardcore, screamo German band Fjort.
6. Mama's House by alt-R&B, rap artist The Philharmonik.
7. Father by spoke word, abstract hip hop artist Hobo Johnson. Yes. I like him.

Let me know if you like anything!

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 05:33:07 )
I frickin love that Title Fight album. I wish there was more music like that.

I gotta check out those other artists though.

What do you think of Tennis? I love her voice so much.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 05:40:49 )
@Shark: Who is that? I checked out The Voidz and Machine Girl. o wo
call me grem
they/them

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/17 05:47:40 )
@nyreen: just an indie pop band

what did you think of them?

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.