Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature It's Poetry Month!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:21:16 )
I am sometimes quite amazed at how people can turn an extremely tired trope like a vampire or zombie and make it interesting just because of their skill. I wouldn't mind if you linked your mag. If it is honestly a good poem, the rule is credit where credit is due :vanora_smile:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 23:24:24 )
@Saeyra: That's true! Time for me to look for some awesomesauce~

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:01:47 )
@Juneberry: Coolios! I saw your poem! My turn! :vanora_xd:

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:02:42 )
@Saeyra: Sharing back and forth is a lot of fun, honestly~ plus there's so many neat things to read!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 00:16:59 )
@Juneberry: I had a peek at your mag too. The design is really cool. I got really excited seeing that there is a comics section!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 02:24:39 )
@juneberry: Oh! Well even so, that's absolutely fantastic. Especially since you get to be super close to people like that. It's always nice when you find people who become family like that.
But exactly! I mean, I guess it'll be an excuse this month to just push myself to do it so I can get into the gist of things, since I love writing, both novels and poetry, so we'll see what I'll come up with.
I totally understand that! It honestly depends on your motivation at the time, and what you can come up with on the spot. It's so flip floppy, but at least you're writing at that time you know?
---------- That's smart. You have given me ideas for my novel that I started. Haha! Adding poems could be a fun and cool way to do things. Thank you for the suggestion, because that'd be a ton of fun, especially since you have to do it differently compared to how you would do them yourself. But i'd love to hear about the things you're writing someday! Even if they are just the main ideas.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 23:05:48 )
@Saeyra: Waaaa you saw it! *hides as author* We're actually likely going to readjust the categories later. My poetry articles are finally starting to get posted so I feel busy even though I don't have to do anything for that xD

@candiedaliens: Hehe, it can be really handy to mix mediums even with writing, after all! I make sense of putting poems in this project because the main character's prized possession is a book of poems and such written by his mother (which he's not 100% aware of that she's the writer) and it's all he has left of her, since she died in birth. To him, they're very special, and he reads or recites it to relax. So...Whenever it happens, it's from him reciting, honestly. And then sometimes getting yelled at.

I may or may not have done that a lot as a kid when I liked a poem enough. xD

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 23:55:21 )
@Juneberry: Yeah the icon for the books and quills on the home page needs abit of work though. As an artist it bothers me abit. :vanora_sweat:

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/11 15:20:49 )
@juneberry: You're right! I find it more interesting when a novel is more of a mixed medium anyways. But wow!!! That's so interesting. It's a great coping mechanism for them, and I think it's funny that he gets yelled at. LOL Like "ohp here he goes again." But is the end goal for him to find out it was his mom who wrote the book?

HAHA shhhhhhhh it's great though, it shows how much you loved poetry, through all of your childhood. I think it's great you've always loved writing.

20-Lesbian
I'm randomly active bc of anxiety!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.