Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout Violet's Charming Spell (END: LORE UPDATE)

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 02:36:19 )

"Hello lovelies! I've been so bored cooped up in my room, I thought I'd sneak out and try to help with this predicament. You may not know this, but I was once a renowned spellcaster in the Ice Realm, believe it or not. And I still know my way around magic. It has been a while, so I'm going to need to borrow your magic to help me out!

I have a rather large collection of spellbooks that were stored up in my attic, my brother thought I couldn't find them there but he should know better by now. Anyway, I happened to find a tome containing a spell that could help us boost Valentina's battery! Unfortunately, this writer seemed to be a very eccentric person and wrote it all in code!

I'll need your help to decode it so that I may cast it by noon tomorrow, alright? That way Virgil will be too busy to notice! Oh! Speaking of, don't tell him or we'll all be in for it!"

SUMMARY

Violet needs your help to decode and cast a powerful spell that will help fuel Valentina's battery.
Work together to solve the clues to find the next symbol, this is a community effort!

MECHANICS

This isn't a competition, this is a group project!
You'll be given a clue to solve. Once somebody discovers the right answer, Violet will release another!
Some clues are for the number in the symbol's order, some clues are for the symbol itself.
It's also possible for symbols to repeat!
This isn't a guessing game, so think carefully about your answer.
The fate of Voltra could be at stake!

At noon tomorrow, Violet will perform the spell, so help her prepare!

THE CODE

THE SPELL

2 12 6 7 1 20 4 11 8 17 10 15 1 13 16 9 19 6 11 7

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 02:42:28 )
UPDATE: THE SPELL

Violet glances up, smiling and waving to everyone as you gather at the meeting place.
She's seated on the ground, the old tome sitting in her lap.

"Thank you for joining me, everyone. I was so excited I could hardly sleep last night, but don't worry,
I was able to,"
She smiles coyly, "Bed-er late than never, right?"

She sighs, a slight shakiness beneath her breath as she clasps her hands together, her expression changing as
she takes on a more mature air, "Alright, it's time to be serious... In order to conduct this spell,
I'm going to need to borrow your power. I'll need you to focus with me, feel the energy within you flow
through your veins, try to harness it. We all have magic within us, even if you've never been able to use it before..."

She glances up at you, smiling faintly, "I believe you all have the potential to be so strong, I'm
faithful that we'll be able to give Valentina a boost."

She runs her fingers over the aged parchment of the book,
"Lend me your power while I speak this spell, alright?"

As Violet summons your energy, she continues to recite the spell, her eyes beginning to glow. Beneath her
hands the book begins to levitate, beginning to shake slightly. It suddenly becomes a ball of light, slowly engulfing
Violet in a blindly light. Her voice is completely drowned out as you hear the crackle of electricity, the air
feeling heavy and almost suffocating in the presence of this pure magic energy.

As quickly as it begins, the bright energy suddenly shoots off into a beam, streaking through the sky over
Voltra towards the core. Colliding with the battery, the energy suddenly takes a massive boost. Although unseen
by you, this does manage to momentarily faze Val out of her work.

You turn your eyes away from the sky to look back to Violet, but something isn't right. She looks severely
weakened, her breath uneven and laboured as she gives you a faint smile, "G...Good work everyone...
I think we helped a lot... Right?"
She suddenly collapses in front of you, the tome tumbling abandoned
from her hold, still smoking from the spell.

Violet's unconscious, alive but unresponsive.

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:21:30 )
A Clue!
Violet runs her finger across the page, reading aloud.

"I crack under pressure, I am the greatest gift. Expected by some, coveted by many."

"I can bring you excessive wealth, or great mental suffering."
"From the depths I harness great power. On land I promote bounty. In the hearth I deliver sustenance."
"6c-11=25"
"Waxing satellite."
"I paint colours in the sky, give life, and will one day take it all."
"0, 2, 6, 12, __, 30, 42"
"Windows within us all, they see us as much as we see them."
"Orion's fashion statement."
"0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, __, 13, 21, 34"
"I breathe poison, then sacrifice myself for the life of others."
"10(9r+6)-8=3r+922"

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:24:36 )
I kind of wanna say it has something to do with power, but that may be too punny even for me. Knowledge can be a great answer too, perhaps...
Hrm, somehow it feels like this isn't as simple as my ideas are though. Heeeelp guys! My puzzle-loving mind is flailing insanely right now!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:25:28 )
I m confused xD

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:26:18 )
@Raxton: I mean, it's a puzzle. And we're supposed to work together anyway. So it's not that shocking to be confused at the start. What we gotta do is put our heads together and figure out what the clue to the spell is~

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:28:11 )
@Juneberry: so the spell is the answer to the clue?

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:28:22 )
@raxton: I apologize if I wasn't clear darling. The clue will help us unlock what the first symbol is! So hm... Which symbol would fit this...? Perhaps it's something to do with how it looks? I'm so glad you're all here to help me with this!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:30:05 )
Now that you mention the symbols... There are people who find love can be either painful or fulfilling, right? And there's a heart! Another option I think would be the sunny one, because.. Well, power and the fact that sunshine can both help grow and destroy crops with heat and dryness.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:39:25 )

Hmm...well
There are 20 symbols. And 20 letter spaces.
Maybe the first letter of every symbol?

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:40:31 )
So the answer is one of the symbol?
Could be the eye, if that mean knowledge? XD

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:42:53 )

I think we have to figure out what each symbol means...maybe

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:44:45 )
@Miss Kitty: Actually it looks like it's about 21 letters. I did a count of the spaces... Though I could be off.

@Raxton: Oooh you have a great point there!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:46:27 )

@Juneberry: Ah, my bad then ^^ We have to figure this out though! Put those puzzle skills to use for the safety of voltra! ^^

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:48:08 )
@Juneberry: i am completely lost hahhahah xD
It could also be the leaf if thats weed lol

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:49:08 )
I apologize again if I'm not being clear... We have to find what symbols go into which blank space... The first blank space will be filled by the symbol that answers this first clue.

Hm... I'm unsure what the clue means though. It may be referring to the appearance of the symbol? I believe some clues also allude to the number beneath it, as well...

Violet lifts her pen to show everyone, moving to write everyone's theories before shaking her head

We'll know it's correct when the ink glows... So far, it's rejecting us! it must be another symbol! But I like all your thinking, you're very clever people!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:52:29 )
@Miss Kitty: As noted, I could be wrong. I'm a little tired, so I don't 100% trust my counting. I already suck at math.
But yes! Puzzle time! But hrm... This is the kind I'm notably bad at. It kind of reminds me of one we did in my DnD group a couple weeks ago. I still can't 100% understand how it translated even after being told. >w< But if it is similar as I suspect, your concept of starting letters would be correct. So I count that as a good thing~

@Raxton: You seem to be perfectly in the right place, because your making a lot of logical notes.
I feel like one of us should be keeping notes actually. Probably not me. But at least ideas of what symbols fit things we think fit this is a great place to start~

@Violet: That's good to know about the ink, and also your kindness and explanation~ Then it's definitely 20 images! Hrm... That spiral could relate to wind. Wind blows away money, but it also helps blow seeds to help spread foliage. :O But really, everything has a good and bad side. Maybe looking at the numbers would be a better method... *thinks* 13 is my lucky number but most people see it as unlucky. That's a super personal reasoning though! xD (EDIT: Also 13 looks like a flame. Flames can bring wealth in their own way along with warmth, but they can also destroy.)

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:53:41 )
It could also be through a deal with demon? XD
So maybe symbol number 12?
It looks a bit demonic lol

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:55:15 )

Ah okay I understand ^^ No worries, Violet. I think we were just making it more complicated on ourselves xD It wasn't you ^^

I'm leaning towards the X, as it typically means burried treasure, and can be a pain to get to that spot.
Or the skull. You can get inheritance when someone dies, but...at the cost of it is suffering due to the loss.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:57:32 )

@Raxton: Making me think of the Devil went Down to Georgia lol

|

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.