Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Delving into the Abyss

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 06:24:20 )

Aedan shrugged.

"The public sucks." She commented with a laugh.

"I'm quite content with being someone that people don't really see or talk to, to be honest." She added.

"I like to stay out of the public eye. If only just because of the fact that it means that when I go u ndercover, I hide or blend in better."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 06:39:36 )
Al just sighed again.

"I... agree on all fronts." he said.

"Seriously, not one thing you said, I disagree with." he told her.

"I'd be content if the public didn't even know I existed." he added with a small shake of his head, before he finished the rest of his food, sans the second drink, which still had 3/4ths left in it.

"I'm going to take this to the washroom and soak for a while." he said.

"Knock if there's an issue or problem or whatever." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 06:41:05 )

'Sure thing. You go do that." Aedan said.

"If you need me for anything, just hollar." She added after a moment.

"Since I'll hear it, most likely." She paused. "If I've a headset on, maybe not." She then said before shrugging.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 06:59:34 )
"I should be fine." Al responded.

He then looked around, before getting the towels he'd need, getting the drink, and making his way into the bathroom.

He shut the door behind him, and Aedan soon heard the water running in the large tub that was in there.

The water ran for a while, before it stopped...

...and the she heard a VERY relieved "Ahhhhh...!"[/b] from Al, meaning he'd gotten in, and it had been a long time coming.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 07:03:40 )

Aedan just laughed lightly as she heard that.

"Enjoy it! The tubs here are so damned comfy!" She called through the wall as she got comfy on the bed before grabbing her phone, which she'd tossed aside before eating, and booting up a game. She had nothing else to do overall, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 07:20:44 )
"They really are!" she heard back.

"This feels so luxurious!" he said further.

"Now I'm going to go quiet and lose myself in bliss for a while!" he finished.

As Aedan was playing her game, she noticed a pop-up appear on screen. It was a weather report for the area she was in, as her GPS had changed to received updates from there.

And she read that the sky had been darker and greyer for the past week or so, and it had picked up noticeably about half a week ago, with no end in sight... but no storms.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 07:24:03 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before sighing. She had absolutely no idea what to make of this, but she did realize that there was definitely something to be likely learned from it.

"That... really can't be good..." she muttered before saving a screenshot of that, just in case it was something she needed later. She looekd out the window a moment later, sighing before shaking her head.

"It's gotta be the witches." She muttered

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 07:44:44 )
After about an hour and a half later, she'd received no more updates for news and weather, and then heard the water in the tub start to drain, meaning Al had finished.

After about 10 more minutes, the male emerged, and Aedan could see the difference it made.

All the dirt was gone, revealing his slightly darker skin, and his hair was a thick deep brown.

"Mmmm..." he mumbled.

"I feel civilized again." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 07:48:47 )

Aedan just laughed.

"You look it." She commented.

"You look like a person, instead of some sort of rat or something." She added.

"I can't say I'm surprised though. You really weren't in an ideal situation at the time." She added.

"But at least you're alive, and as well as can be, I suppose?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 08:06:26 )
"It doesn't seem like any permanent damage was done." Al responded.

"So yeah, I'm alive, and will be back to par in a bit." he told her, before collapsing onto the other bed.

"...man..." he said.

"So comfy..." he murmured.

"I missed sleeping in a bed." he told her.

"As opposed to... you know... a cramped stone box."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 08:10:23 )

"Yeahhh I don't doubt that there's a notable difference." Aedan commented.

"I'd be shocked if it WAS comfy there." She added.

"But anyway, you got any information you feel like sharin' if we're going to go hunting them out together."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 16:57:46 )
"Yeah, I do." Al replied.

"From what I could gather, they're summoning Satan." he told her.

"And I'm not joking, or exaggerating." he said.

"They're trying to open up a portal to The Abyss, or whatever you want to call it, and they intend to bring forth the ruler of that dimension of torment to this plane of existence." he explained.

"Why? Chuffed if I know." he went on.

"They seem to be a fanatical cult of a coven, so... I don't think understanding them would be a wise move." he admitted.

"But I don't know how far along they are." he finished quietly, shaking his head a little.

"I had just discovered what they were trying to do, before they caught me." he finished.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/28 21:30:13 )

Aedan sighed.

"So bringing about the end times, really." She commented.

"I've read some prophecies and the like. It's stated quite clearly in some that the end will be brought about via well... that."

"So we'll have to stop them. Do you have any idea where?" She asked. "Even if you dson't know specifically. Just anythign to work off of to try and find them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 01:07:57 )
"I have a vague idea." Al responded.

"The room where you found me is... actually relatively close to their main chamber." he told her.

"As in, I'm reasonably sure it connects directly." he said further.

"So if we follow that same path, we'll come across where they want to perform their ritual." he explained.

"Now, as for how far apart they are... THAT I do not know." he then admitted with a sigh.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 01:11:37 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Well, a vague idea is at least an idea." She commented.

"Better than I've got, too." She added with a laugh.

"Seriously. I've got nothing. At least you've got something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 01:26:19 )
"It's all we have, so we may as well go with it." Al responded.

"Just.... hm." he mumbled.

"I really shouldn't fall asleep." he said.

"Time is precious." he reasoned, as he rolled over onto his back.

"But this is so comfortable!" he half-whined.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 04:29:40 )

AEdan just laughed lightly.

"This place does have comfort, definitely." She agreed with a nod.

"But we can tackle it tomorrow. I'll see if I can get any sort of information over night. You? Get some sleep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 05:11:58 )
"....mmm.... 'k." Al mumbled.

"Yeah..." he said.

"You... do that..." he told her further.

"I'm just... gonna... nap." he said further.

"For a little..." he then continued, before he went silent, his soft breathing being the only sounds emanating from him now.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 05:45:13 )

Aedan just chuckled lightly.

"You do that then." She said quietly before starting to check online for anything that could help. She wasn't entirely sure what all it was that she could expect from everything for the moment, but she did know that she needed to see if she could find any sort of information. So she would spend the night hunting. Not like she needed to sleep anyway.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/29 06:05:47 )
While she searched, she didn't seem to find anything at first... however, she then stumbled upon an obscure underground website known for 'crackpot theories' and 'occult nonsense'.

Normally she would have just glossed over it, but she noticed an active thread where someone had made a post, and other posters were tearing into them for it.

The post read as follows:

The time is nigh. The apocalypse is upon you. The Great Lord will grace this world with his presence, and all those unloyal will be judged with fire. Repent and worship the true Lord. For he will rise come tomorrow.

And it was timestamped an hour ago.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.