Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Delving into the Abyss

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 02:47:13 )

Aedan paused a moment as she looked outside as well.

"Yup." She muttered.

"But then again, c'est la vie, I suppose." She added.

"What we're about to do isn't exactly ... lovely. It's got an ominous air to it, overall, I Think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:10:19 )
Al sighed again.

"To say the least..." he muttered.

"This is something that... very few have attempted to interfere with." he told her.

"We're in uncharted territory." he continued.

"And it's nerve-wracking."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:12:10 )

"Yeahhhh..." Aedan trailed off with a sigh.

"Last I saw, when someone tried this shit back in Europe, it really didn't go well." She commented.

"It's not something that is good, and I know that. We need to move fast."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:55:09 )
"That being said, we still have time." Al responded.

"Something like this takes a while." he told her.

"And it's VERY precise." he said.

"Odds are all their efforts are concentrated on this, if that bold claim online is correct." he went on.

"If ONE thing goes wrong... the backlash... and ramifications... for them will be disastrous, to say the least."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 08:56:17 )

Aedan nodded.

"That makes complete sense, actually." She told him.

"Something like that does seem to need to be extremely precise. I know reviving me as I am took extreme precision." She then said. "I wouldn't be surprised if that takes more."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:18:41 )
Al looked over at her.

"Mmhmm." he said.

"This is an undertaking of... well... immense proportions." he told her.

"So we can't just rush in headstrong." he reasoned.

"And they have to make sure EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING. Is just so perfect." he went on.

"I'm sure they're quintuple-checking even the smallest of the most minuscule of details."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:32:02 )

Aedan was silent for a moment before nodding.

"Makes sense." She said after a few seconds.

"Do you know anhy way we can ruin the rune or the summoning?" She asked after a few seconds, as she looked to be thinking about it herself. She wasn't sure, and figured he'd have the best idea, as he'd been watching them for awhile now.

Of course, she didn't know if he'd have any extensive knowledge, but she realized that he was the one to ask for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 21:54:59 )
"I'd have to see the rune in question." Al responded.

"I mean, the rune can be ruined or disrupted with anything." he told her. "I mean, a scratch anywhere, a scuff anywhere, an erasure at any point would screw it up." he said.

"But we need to worry about what the 'new' rune will do." he continued.

"It might just fizzle, it might explode with underworld energy, corrupting everything around it, that energy could be funnelled into the witches, destroying them or turning them into mindless demonic abominations." he listed off with a sigh.

"So I'd need to see the rune in question and do an analysis."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:06:39 )

Aedan nodded.

"That makes sense." She said.

"We'll broach that when we get there, then." She added after a couple seconds before sighing.

"How about we head out around midnight. Good chance they are aiming for a 3AM summon, since that's the true middle fo the night."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 23:54:29 )
"That works." Al responded.

"3AM is usually when these things go down." he told her.

"And they'll start it at that time, more than likely." he continued.

"Make sure to activate the rune at the most potent time."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 03:40:08 )

"That's what I was figuring." Aedan commented with a shrug.

"It gives us a bit of a time to try and figure out a plan, I suppose." She added before shrugging.

"I'm not sure what to expect with this, admittedly." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:27:52 )
"...." Al was silent, before sighing.

"The air there will be... thick. And heavy." he told her.

"The concentration of magic will be almost unbearable... I would imagine." he continued.

"But you're an undead." he then said.

"You should be able to tolerate it a lot more than a mere mortal would be able to." he reasoned.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:29:34 )

Aedan nodded.

"One would think." She agreed.

"What about you though?" She asked, after a moment.

"Are you going to be all right there?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:36:10 )
Al was silent for a moment.

"I'll be fine." he said.

"I have a crazy tolerance." he told her.

"I came back from being drained by the rune, yeah?" he went on.

"I should be fine."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:37:51 )

"That may be so, bbut for all I know that there's a pretty big difference." Aedan commented.

"I've never been in a situation like this, just know what I've been told over time." She added.

"sof or all I know, there's gonna be a nasty difference."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 04:55:59 )
"Ah. Well. Fair enough." Al responded.

"I'll be fine." he assured her.

"For now, we just need to wait for-" he started to say, before there was a knock on their door.

"Room Service!" a voice called in.

"...that." Al finished with a smirk and a chuckle.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 05:03:21 )

Aedan just laughed lightly get getting off of the bed and making her way to the door. She opened it allowing who was there to come in. It wasn't until after they'd already stepped past her that she realized they hadn't had any food with them. They hadn't even been dressed in a manner that would be expected.

They had dark clothing on, and a hate that hid their hair. Along with that, they had dark shades hiding half their face, making it more difficult for Aedan to even identify who it was. By the time she'd already realized that though, they were past her, making their way to where Al was. The zombie was quick to react, but not quick enough. The door slammed shut suddenly as whomever it was pulled somehing up over their face, hiding their nose and mouth. Mere moments before Aedan would have connected with them, as she had lunged to try and stop them from doing whatever, a gaseous smoke started to fill the room, making both of the occupants (not counting the newcomer) heads spin. It was quicker with Aedan, because she was closer, but it didn't take long for Al to feel it either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 05:17:25 )
"Ah...!" Al exclaimed.

"Ah... crap..." he growled.

"Damn it..." he cursed, as he tried to make his way towards a window to open it.

But he didn't have the strength, and ended up collapsing to his hands and knees.

"Not... again..." he said quietly, before fully collapsing to the floor.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 05:39:09 )

Aedan hadn't been able to connect with them, before the smoke was released. She staggered back, and it didn't take long before she was out, much like how Al was.

The next thing they knew, Aedan was against a wall. Her hands above her hand, cuffed via magic, and she could see Al was over and in the middle of the rune in the middle of the room.

"Nnng... damn." She muttered before looking around, surveying the room. She found she couldn't really say anytyhing, her voice was so quiet, porobably silenced with something the witches could do. There was no way that she'd be able to communicate with Al while he was across the room from her.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 05:54:52 )
Al was struggling to get to his hands and knees again, but was obviously having immense difficulties.

He struggled a bit more, and looked at the figure that was closest to him.

"....damn you..." he cursed.

"How...?" he asked.

"How did you... find us?"
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.