Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback So, how 'bout that post preview?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 06:56:51 )
• v •
I know I haven't been that active much lately but... alpha is over and we're in open beta(and not much has changed..?) and I just feel like a very simple "post preview" feature should've been out by now...

:vanora_sweat:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 08:25:18 )
@Mica: I have honestly given up hope for that feature. :vanora_xd:

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 08:35:14 )

Oh that would be nice to have! It'd definitely be helpful for those of us with post art.
:plasma-orb: PLEASE ALWAYS PING ME! I'M OFTEN STONED AND FORGETFUL! :plasma-orb:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 12:37:12 )
@Mica: I feel like they put a bandage on it with the test forum so let your hopes die. Its okay...I have been saving a place for it next to mine. Right here.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 14:03:20 )
• v •
@Saeyra: ...RIP formatting threads.

@Turtle Sensei: Right?! And especially with creating threads for hangouts or other eventful stuff. :D

@Q t e a p o n: Waiit. Wait waitiwaitawait. You guys are focusin' on the event but not the core elements of the site? :vanora_worried: I mean events are cool and all, but you guys are missin' a buncha basic features, fixing quite a bit of the item layering issues, more posting options(lists, more bbc codes, buttons for those codes) apart from the post preview. I understand you guys had one dev for a long time but this is a basic forum feature that free forums come with... hell, I do my thread coding on my crappy forumotion RP board, not here just because it has the tools to do it easier.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has been on the list for months. :vanora_xd:

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 14:07:16 )
Generally when no progress is shown in something over a long period of time...it shows a great and concerning problem in the generally poor leadership of a project like this. If only it had more people and activity it could be forgiven, but alas when you have no features to speak of, you cannot attract people either.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 15:22:56 )
@Q t e a p o n: May I ask why all the secrecy and vagueness? You are a nice public site, for a small community of dedicated people...and all the mods, devs and anyone on the staff acts like you guys participate and are members of the bloody CIA, or perhaps Area 51. I don't understand everyone's reluctance to share any tidbit of information. What exactly are you working on? I'm not talking about the event, keep that a secret and a surprise, it's fun. But I'm talking about general stuff like what this thread is about. You claim now you can focus on a wider range of things and that you've been doing some behind the scenes work before...but you see...nobody can see any of it, or knows anything that is being worked on. There is zero progress...only empty promises ever since the site went down, hell even before that...just asking for some of that famed "transparency" that you guys talked so much about on discord.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:05:38 )
I don't think this is a huge issue when there's a test forum open to work out post styles. I assume that that's what that forum is for.

Clearly, I also don't use post styles. Why clutter up my already scarce screen space?

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:42:16 )
@Majesticles: I think if you wanted that level of detail, you should message the developper directly, assuming there's a way to do it. It's probably not something that can be explained at the level you want in one sentence.

It's also a little arrogant to think that you can easily understand the back end work that goes into this whole thing, unless you already know your shit.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:49:43 )
@Eruca: Arrogance has nothing to do with it, I'm not asking for technical details, I am literally asking a simple..what are you working on? See a lot of people, mainly devs in various games, programs and platforms use a lot of these platitudes when talking to people. The "trust us", the "transparency" one and such, are all terms they use to keep people from asking questions while they work on "numerous" amazing features that seem to never come. Empty promises. Also...every person I've talked to even remotely in the staff, whether on discord or here, other people that I've spoken to who spoke to them as well all say the same thing about the answers they get from the staff. You can check anyone's discord log who's been there for the last few months. They speak of the transparency but nobody has any clue of what features we're getting...or when we're getting them. Now I don't personally really need a when, but a general knowledge of what's being worked on would be nice to have...especially since the site basically relies on people sticking around. And idle chit chat is fun, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you want to see something done with the place you've come to appreciate and like. So yeah, devs/mods/admins whatnot, speak nothing of their plans, act all high and mighty with the "I know of this amazing thing/feature that's coming but you don't haha" and expect everyone else to just sit quietly and wait patiently for such magical things to happen, while having nothing to really look forward to.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:51:29 )
@Eruca: Mica meant it for formatting threads like hangouts and shops. It's quite abit more complicated than just post styles.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:54:33 )
@Q t e a p o n: Thank you for that, but I was more talking about on what you were working on currently and for the future, not what you've already done. These changes are nice and it's nice to see them in writing, we might not understand what all of them are, but a list of things being worked on is always nice to see...gives a sense of something being done. It's a simple public service that hurts nobody, for I presume none of you have any reason to hide the possible features being worked on from us? That is what I'd love to know, and probably quite a few other folk. No malicious intent, just curiosity. Also discussions are one thing, but seeing the actual things that are being worked on are another....perhaps you won't even include 80% of the things discussed there. It is just nice to be informed.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 17:59:43 )
@Q t e a p o n: Seems to me people are getting a little antsy seeing as the last Surge was more than 2 weeks ago and there has been no news since then on Discord or on here. A little reassurance that you guys are still there and working on stuff might ease their minds.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:09:42 )
@Q t e a p o n: That's very nice and fair of you. I appreciate that very much and I'm sure many other will too:) Hopefully better communication between the staff and the users comes off of this.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:11:11 )
@Saeyra: You mean like changing what the entire web page looks like instead of just your post? Kinda like Profile CSS? That sounds pretty unusual.

@Q t e a p o n: Are you suggesting that I've been disrespectful?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:18:48 )
@Eruca: No I mean adding banners, showing off previous completed artwork, fanart, making forms, creating polls etc. Basically making walls of text more understandable, easier to read and better to look at. If you would take a look at many of the threads the first post usually says "I will make this pretty later". Usually people want to make a theme for hangouts and shops but on this site it is quite abit of work due to the lack of the tools Mica listed above. Most important of which is post preview which lets you know if there are any broken codes or links, see how it looks like overall and makes it much easier to edit.

Always ping me please.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:25:31 )
@Q t e a p o n: I'll be watching....and looking forward to the new and updated public log!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:28:12 )
Didnt we already have those?
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/92

Only its barely updated xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:30:11 )
@Raxton: Maybe they do it better and more diligently this time.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 18:39:21 )
@Saeyra: I see. It still looks like a minor inconvenience to me. Admittedly, post preview is the status quo of forums.

@Q t e a p o n: Your writing that after specifically mentioning my name made me think it was meant for me and not everyone in general.

That aside, is a developper blog/announcement a thing? I'm pretty new here so i dunno how things work but it might be more clear to let people hear from the devs directly instead of filtered down the pipeline. If it existed, people could just refer to that and not come here and fuss about transparency.
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.