Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Luck of The Fae

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 02:34:28 )

"...." the man was silent as he gritted his teeth and brushed the dirt off of his clothes, and combed the debris out of his red and black streaked hair.

He was Ash Fyrane, a top hunter for the guild Candentus Lux. And he had been sent out to deal with a situation somewhere in the southern United States.

It seemed that an illegal guild had set a special net trap, and had caught a giant striped Frost Lion, which were designated as endangered and illegal to hunt. Ash was sent to dispatch of the hunters, and free the feline... but the latter part had been a bit harder. The net had been electrified and sticky, which made it hard to get off of the creature. Plus, the creature had NOT been cooperative at first.

However, after a brief tussle and scrimmage, Ash had managed to free the creature, and it had run off while he was cleaning himself off.

He then sighed, and looked at the net.

"Need to dispose of thi-" he said, as he started to approach it, but then stopped mid-sentence.

"...hello?" he asked, looking around, swearing he'd heard something. He then noticed that there seemed to be a small part of the net still moving.

"...the hell?" he muttered, as he zeroed in on the specific area, and got closer to it.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 03:29:57 )

Ash was met with silence around him, and it wasn't anything that was too surprising. As he found nothing there, at least not at first, he sighed lightly before turning to head off.

At least until he swore he heard his name.

When he looked back, he saw a bit of a sparkle by the bottom corner of the net. As he neared, he found something sparkly was stuck there, and tryin' to get free.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 03:52:59 )
"Eh?" he muttered, as he leaned in close.

He then picked up the net a bit, and squinted his eyes, before being able to make out the tiny form of a female with thin wings.

A fae. And it had been trapped in the sticky net.

"Huh." he muttered.

"Right, hold still." he told her.

"I'm gonna burn you outta there, and this is gonna take precision and steadiness." he continued.

"And the more you squirm, the greater the chance you'll burn as well." he warned her, making a mental note to ask her a question if she hung around after being freed.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 04:10:41 )

After a few seconds, even though he couldn't rightly say for certain, he was sure he watched her nod. She stayed still after that, and he was able to get her free. Once she was freed, she hovered in front of his face for a moment before pausing.

She wasn't sure the best way to communicate with him. She was a fae, he was not. That was, by default, a language barrier. For most fae anyway. Her kind, not so much. She wasn't entirely sure whehter or not she wanted to reveal those details quite yet though.

"What can I do to thank you?" Her voice was much like a whisper in the wind though, barely audible.

Somehow, Ash was able to hear it though

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 04:34:06 )
"Uh?" Ash muttered confusedly.

"Huh...?" he mumbled further.

"Uh... right." he then said.

"Well... first you can answer me something." he told her.

"How do you know my name? Have we met before or something?" he asked, as he started to burn the net to cinders.

"I highly doubt it, you don't look like any fae I've met in the past." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 04:46:22 )

The fae just chuckled before shaking her head.

"Not at all." She answered after a few seconds.

"I just know." She added before pausing.

"I always know who I encounter."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 04:59:13 )
"I see." Ash responded.

"That's... useful." he said, as he finished burning the net.

He then took out his phone and sent a text to Cass.

Mission accomplished, it was the ShadowBlades that were doing the poaching. he sent, before pocketing the device.

"Well, I'm glad I managed to find you before I decided to just burn the net." he told her.

"How'd you get mixed up in this anyway?" he asked.

"This just a 'wrong place, wrong time' kinda thing?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/14 22:06:07 )

"It is." The fae answered after a few seconds.

"I was caught in the fur." She added, referring to the feline.

"Had been trying to free myself when it was caught, " She aded simply before sighing. There was no way she could keep this up, due to how she was practicalyl screaming at him to have it thathe heard her as it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 02:41:32 )
Ash could tell that the fae was straining to try and communicate with him, and sighed.

"Hey." he said.

"If there's anything that can be done to make it so that we can communicate more smoothly, go ahead." he told her.

"I know -I- can't do anything." he went on.

"But if there's anything YOU can do..." he added, trailing off at the end and shrugging.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 03:18:23 )

She looked to him before pausing, and smirking. Without hesitating, she nodded before floating back a bit. Magic started to gather in front of her, it almost looked like a pair of her wings. She didn't say anything, but Ash could figure out what the deal was pretty easily.

If he took the magic, he'd be able to communicate with her easier than he could now. The only question.... was what it would do to him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 03:43:00 )
"......." Ash was silent as he witnessed the magic.

"Huh." he said.

"Right." he muttered.

"Fae magic has a 50/50 chance of screwing me over..." he mumbled further, before stepping forward.

"Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained." he finished, before grabbing the magic.

And then suddenly feeling VERY light...

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 03:46:05 )

The next thing Ash knew, he was looking at the fae, but she wasn't tiny. When he looked around, he saw why.

He was tiny.

"This is much better." She said with a soft smile.

"Much easier to communicate." She added before pausing.

"Also, I will do one thing for you as a thank you for saving me." She added. "And you may choose what."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 03:57:48 )
"Woah!" Ash exclaimed.

"Woah, this is.... kinda freaky." he said.

"And... one thing?" he asked.

"Wait... one thing, and I can choose what?" he asked further.

"...what, like... a wish of something?" he then asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 04:00:22 )

She nodded.

"Yep." She answered.

"Want some time to think about it?" She asked after a moment.

"I can follow you home and linger until you decide what you want." She added, not giving him all the details. She figured she'd fill him in if he asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 04:25:45 )
Ash was silent, and then nodded after a moment.

"Yeah..." he said.

"Yeah, I... can't really think of any sort of wish right now." he admitted.

"But if you're okay with following me home until I DO decide, then... sure." he said further.

He then looked around, and appeared confused.

"...Sooooo.... do I still have my mana, or... do I need to fly home... or what?" he asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 04:28:58 )

"You're in a mana-free area." She told him honestly.

"No mortal mana can do anything here. None of it will work more than just little bits here and there." She stated. "You'll definitely not be able to use enough to use your mana to transport yourself anywhere."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 04:57:08 )
Ash just sighed.

"All right." he said.

"Guess I better start..." he muttered.

"Miiiiiight take a while..." he mumbled further.

"Come on, then." he told her.

"This way." he said, as he started to head northbound.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 19:51:14 )

The fae just chuckled lightly as Ash seemed so dejected.

"Is there anything you wish to speak about while we are travelling?" She asked as she flew next to him. She knew this wouldn't be nearly as long of a trip as he was expecting, but it was going to take a few hours, at least. Granted, that was better than a few days, which is what most fae would take.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 20:57:33 )
"Hm." Ash muttered.

"Well... how about your name?" he asked.

"Just so I know a little something about you?" he reasoned.

"All I know is that you're a fae." he said. "And you're unlike any Fae I've ever encountered in my past." he went on.

"And I like to think I've encountered a decent variety." he then added.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/15 23:19:08 )

She just chuckled lightly as Ash said all he did.

"My name would be something you would find quite difficult to say," she started, "So we'll go with an easy version. You can call me Kylie." She added.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.