Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Have to drive with my sister

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/7 19:07:24 )

Next week I'm flying to Austin to meet up with my sister to drive her car full of her stuff. She is driving from south Florida to San Diego. I can't take much time off of work, so I'm flying to Austin, where I will meet her and help her drive the rest of the way. (The latter half is the hard part). I'm flying out Wednesday night and we are going to start the drive on Thursday and then get to San Diego on Sat night or Sunday?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/7 21:04:32 )
o __ o That sounds like a super long drive.. but also a fun opportunity for a road trip!? XD
Are you going to take turns driving?
Waiting for more pretty long hairs~ ' u '

Questing :: Alice

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 01:44:45 )
Oh man. You are a great sister. That's going to be a long and hard drive. But you'll be able to get through it! It'll make it easier since there's two of you!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 17:44:40 )

@Bubble Tea: Haha thanks. I have done the drive before with my best friend faith 3 years ago, and my sister has done it before with an ex. The kinda dumb thing is that there aren't many towns in the desert part of Texas, so there isn't anywhere to eat, or get gas really.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/8 17:45:21 )

@ME: It is a super long drive. It's days worth of driving. Maybe we could get it done in two days? It's gonna be stretching it though.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 03:33:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Seriously?! I don't think I would ever want to do that kind of drive. And I might be freaking out if there was long stretches of no gas stations / food. Better bring lots of snacks, and fill up every time you find a gas station!

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 04:13:54 )
@Totalanimefan: whoa! quite a drive! my husband and I moved cross country from Oregon to Nevada and then Nevada to Iowa. Just make sure to use GPS and make sure to pack some snacks in a cooler in case you don't see a rest stop or food place for a long while. Also, get pay attention to your gas tank, Google Maps has an option where you can keep an eye out for gas stations and it's super helpful! Also, stop at rest stops! you may not have to pee when you see it, but after you pass it, you're gonna have to go!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 17:23:37 )

@Sockies: Yes the later part of Texas is like that, but don't worry I looked up the 3 cities that have gas stations lol
Also we are bringing a small cooler with water, and some snacks because in the desert you need so much water it's not even funny. I will also buy vitamin waters at every stop because even though I don't like the amount of sugar that's in them, it's better than the amount of sugar in gatorade and it does almost the same stuff.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 17:26:39 )

@Turtle Sensei: Thanks for the tips! I've done South FL to Baltimore and South FL to PA before (and South FL to Northern Cali before).
I use all the same tips as you. I always make sure that I go in the morning right before we leave, we will try to get good sleep so that we don't need coffee (or tea, I drink tea).
And I looked up the places where they have gas along the part that is pretty barren. My sister's car does get over 500 miles a tank, so that part is good.
What did you like to have for snacks? Maybe I should get jerky and something else,

Donator — Turtley Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:13:04 )
@Totalanimefan: we had lots of dried fruits and chips. And brought a cooler for water, powerade and soda.
:plasma-orb: PLEASE ALWAYS PING ME! I'M OFTEN STONED AND FORGETFUL! :plasma-orb:

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 21:56:25 )

@Turtle Sensei: Oh dried fruit! I should bring that. Thanks for the tip. I would bring trail mix too, but I don't think that my sister likes it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 23:02:20 )
@Totalanimefan: Good! Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan! I hope it goes smoothly!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/9 23:10:32 )

@Sockies: Thank you. I hope so as well!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.