Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts I Left My Heart in Middle Earth!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/16 01:45:11 )
@Saeyra:
@Lithinel:
Oops! Missed this somehow!

I don't know! lol Is she? Cuz that'd explain the shock.
Secretly I wanted the doctor to fail at something so I could feel that he was relatable... But then I realized that he thought he was the master of his own fate... I feel like the reason I liked RTD doctor more was because there were rules he couldn't break, where as when Moffatt took over, the doctor was super OP and broke all of them. At that point, he stopped being a person and became more of a character.

Maybe comparing them is not a super good idea? Idc I'm so biased for Tennant. lol

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 22:23:34 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@Eruca: Haven't been on for awhile, sorry about that.
@Saeyra: I'll read back and see what I missed from you guys now.

As far as Clara being the first companion who died, I can't speak for Classic Who, but I think she was the first one of New Who who officially died while travelling with The Doctor and what not. And while I still liked the doctor's of Moffat's era, I prefer the RTD doctors myself. I feel they were just more...complex I suppose.

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 22:42:14 )
@Lithinel: Welcome back!! Luckily, you missed the site bugging out. lol

Our opinions seem pretty similar so I'll just wait to see what Saeyra says.
Ping me

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 23:50:55 )
@eruca: Hey, thank you so much. I left after the bug with the posting delay, lol. And then just busied myself with other things.

And yes, it seems they are.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 00:33:32 )
@Eruca:
@Lithiniel:

I personally didn't like being jerked around with them teasing the doctor's death all the time and him somehow getting out of it. Sometimes they plain lied about how many times he could regenerate. They also teased the reveal of his real name which they chickened out of as well. It felt...unsatisfying. So yeah I agree the Tennant Doctor had better writing but God help me I will watch every episode because I love the characters and universe too much. I liked alot of Moffatt's episodes as standalone episodes but the overarching storylines were definitely not as good as previous ones. The crack in time overarching story also felt like a repeat of bad wolf somehow.

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 09:35:01 )
-pokes my unicorn head on in-

@Lithinel: Just stopping on in to
Say hello to you, and to ask how far
you are on your story, that you are writing?

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 17:13:04 )
@unicorn: Hello. And well, I'm still in the development stage to be honest, but I did think of a possible scene for one of the later books in the series.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 19:16:08 )
@Lithinel: well that is very good to hear that you thought up a scene for one of the other books of the series
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.