Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Today was a good day.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/20 02:39:57 )

Today is my first day off in a long time that I had by myself. Normally I just miss my husband a lot, but today I decided to do what I used to do when I was single and had a lot of time to myself. I went down the rabbit hole that is the internet.
I started with Gintama things after I walked the dog. I was on tumblr, reddit and other sites looking at fanart, stories and trying to avoid spoilers because I'm *only* 115 eps in.
Then I was looking up the voice actors and seeing if there was anything else I knew them from. Shinpachi's VA is the same one as Ace from One Piece. I was super shocked haha
I was also looking at interviews and other things in Japanese. My Japanese is ok, but I really want to take it to a new level and learn more technical language (as in not everyday conversation words).

I learned today that the VA that does Kyon from Haruhi, Gin from Gintama and a bunch of other cool roles is a total geek and I love that kinda stuff, video games, anime, knowing who voiced what role, or knowing which artist drew this or that. His name is Sugita Tomokazu. He has a show where him and his best friend (who is also a VA) just play video games and chat. It's called Tokyo Encounter and I LOVE it~ The Japanese is a bit fast for me, and I don't know many words in Japanese that relate to video games, so I have to watch it with subs, or I miss half of what they are saying.

So yeah today was new and exciting but also some how nostalgic and inspiring.

TL:DL I did today what I used to do years ago when I had no friends. Geek out over things and go down internet rabbit holes. And it was great!!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/20 02:40:14 )

Sorry about the long post you guys. Haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.