Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Comics comics comics!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 23:18:49 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Artist: myself via lets play ffxiv

I love webcomics; whether they are comic strips or stories.
Once I start reading one, I usually have to complete it pretty quickly. They're a great source of inspiration to me and bring me the most excitement when done well.
At the moment, I primarily use Tapas for my comic indulgence. It's where I post my own work, since it's so far the easiest host site I've tried using for that purpose. So I have a bit of bias XD But I am completely down for other sites if you want to chat about the comics they have!

ITT you may:

○ Talk about comics, in general or specifically. Gush about a comic you're excited about, characters, impressive concepts or events. Anything. You can go a little off topic but try not to lose the purpose of this thread.

○ Post comic strips or singular pages. BUT:
- Do not crop anything! Do not edit anything at all unless it is your own work (like I did above, since that is mine lol)
- ALWAYS give credit, just like I did with the image above. Give the artist/s name and a link to their comic or gallery.
- Only post one or a couple of images at a time. Don't page stretch or spam!! Do not try posting an entire story here. The idea is more to
just be like "Hey this comic is great, look at this page that stood out to me!" or "Look at this page to see how great the art/paneling
is!" If someone wants to read it, that is why we place links! :)
- DO NOT post manga page scans, or any other commercial/licensed comic type, as it is against site rules and also infringing on copyrights to do so. As far as I know, comics that are posted online for free view are not illegal to show around like this, as long as credit is given, its linked to where it should be and there are no alterations. But I could also be wrong here, so please kindly inform me if this kind of thread is not okay.

○ Recommend comics.

○ Talk about your own comics, if you've made any. Promote yourself if you want? Just don't spam.

I hope there are others on this site who enjoy comics like I do and would like to share with me their "collection" of reads. Or just want to share some laughs with fun strips!

Artist: Samantha Whitten via the gamercat

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/2 23:24:39 )
I hope there can be enough posts in here that I can plop a weekly comic strip or something. If not, at least here's one!

Artist: apples via suddenly birbs

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 21:49:58 )
@Q t e a p o n:
O H
PONPON
I used to know you back in ye ol ernya days. So I've seen the first page of your comic before when you first made it, I believe :vanora_xd:
The art style is incredibly cute. But I definitely feel you about losing story interest. I get that a lot. I made it about 18 pages into a story and tbh I ended up hating it lmao Might completely redo it or just trash it all and call it a learning experience.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 22:38:52 )

The other day i remembered i had a comic saved in my bookmarks from a few years ago. And i reread it, and finished it, since i had failed to finish it before lol. It was really good though.

It's called The Young Protectors.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:15:18 )
@Sass pegasus:
Ohh, where did you read this at? I'd like to give it a peek

Last year I rediscovered a comic that I started reading when I was a preteen, back when this artist just started it. Now the story is complete so I was SUPER excited to read it all through <3
the first 2 or 3 chapters are super nostalgic to me, since they inspired me a lot. This made me want to be a comic artist

Artist: Samantha Whitten via Strays

Also just realized she's the same artist who made the Gamer Cat comic I posted above. //squeal

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/3 23:17:57 )

@Seo: Here's i'll link you lol
http://webcomics.yaoi911.com/typ/ete-page-1/
And if you end up liking it, here's a link to the second uh book to it. Idk if thats the term but lol.
http://webcomics.yaoi911.com/typ2/young-protectors-legendary-chapter-one-title-page/

The second one is still fairly new, and not finished. Updates every Wednesday
hey i'm Jessi.

my friend cnts made the pixel

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/4 09:36:20 )
Steve Lichman by Dave Rapoza and Dan Warren

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/5 17:40:51 )
I really want to start my own comic but i suck at drawing so im hoping to pay someone for it sometime xD

Other than that i read a lot of nswf comics so i cant really share (lmao) and some comedy stuff on tapas.
Satan and me and Loserdex on tapas are fun

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/6 17:11:41 )
@okios:
oh man i gotta check these out for sure. i also love all those things. sadly im too busy and derp to make all those fancy effects and post frequently with my comics xd but ONE DAY

@q t e a p o n:
oh no, this is the one i quit

linkit was a lot of fun to work on. i didnt plan much of it though. it was meant to be a practice thing ti see what i can accomplish, style wise and with completely winging the story. i learned a lot so it was good ^^ i just hate reading it lmfao so much i could do differently.

@bean:
haha i have a nsfw webcomic i read too. it barely even has a story but the art is soso pretty that i read it anyways. maybe i can absorb their coloring skills...

i think i saw satan and me on there, but didnt read it. might have to look into that too

OH GUYS
heres another one. i didnt read very far in it since i started when it first came out.nso dont know much but the arttt
and the dragon thing <3

Artist: Windy via Just a Journey

be fun to see where it goes

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 01:00:26 )
I recommend Stjepan Sejić and anything done by him. Give it a go.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/7 18:28:32 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 20:25:04 )
Thanks for the recommendations!
I tried to use webtoon, they probably have a lot of good ones, but when it came to uploading my comic strips it always destroys the quality. ive troubleshooted so much and cant figure out how to keep a good res XD
so gave up and stuck with tapas.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 20:47:59 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 23:20:04 )
@Apollo im burning:
Yess! i really need to get back into updating my strips on there. I even started a new one and never posted again after the first page D:
sobusy
but man I really love the collection on tapas <3

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/9 23:22:24 )
SPEAKING OF
here's another great one.

Artist: Shenzo via Machina

The art is so pretty, even being "sketchy" I love it

Alsooo
when I first posted this thread, the site was auto resizing these images to be small, thats why I've been plopping them in here to make the thread colorful.
But seems that changed and im so sorry for them getting huge. I'll edit everything into a spoiler XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/14 18:17:17 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 21:44:42 )
@Apollo Im Burning:
Haha, I'm glad you checked it out! Most of my intention with this thread is to have a list of titles to check into whenever I have downtime XD there are so many that it will take a while, but I love it!~

and I hope so too! I miss making comics

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 21:54:29 )
God there are so many comics I want to read and have started reading, even, but I can never remember to actually keep up with them. :<

For the things that aren't on Tapas, how do you keep track? Just a good memory or do you have an app or something? I'll scrounge up the list of comics I am a fan of soon too ~

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 22:32:46 )
@Addy:
If they aren't on tapas or webtoon, I usually have them saved in my bookmarks. I used to have a crap ton of bookmarks because of this. But most of them I either finished or they moved to tapas anyways so my bar is currently clean XD

ama

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/02/17 23:20:57 )
My bookmark bar is mostly unused, I suppose I should set it up for all of the comics I wanna read, haa. I hadn't thought of that!

I have a Tapas account too, I should look to see which comics I read are set up there.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.